Kerbal Space Program 2: Episode 7 - Recording Rockets

Just now, Vl3d said:

That's a reference to Eeloo. Count the planets. No new planet has been teased.

You guys are just repeating what's familiar. That's not the meaning of the object. See the decoded message!

The colour-coding makes it clear that Eeloo is the grey planet before the "???". Dres is the missing planet in the clip (perhaps a reference to the well-known in-joke).

20 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

I have tried to decode it but it is not working, I keep ending up with a number of ticks that is not a multiple of 23. Trying a third time now with a fresh recording.

Is it encoded text in some way? Maybe the whole thing is also encoded text?

What if the dotted line is a timeline? So the first part shows a rocket getting destroyed by the Kraken. And the new part shows a later event. Maybe the explosion of a planet. Which could be depicted on the arc. Not sure what the stuff below could mean. Maybe "Kraken Guy meets Kerbal"

man i remember watching videos and what not about documentation on theory's about how earths solar system had like another HUGE gas giant, with some theorizing it is a brown dwarf star with some moons withs some size of a planest around it due to how absolute strange our solar system is built and geographical information we have on earth.. that it goes in a pattern of asteroids bombardment like on a clock

and the only reason we cannot see it due to having such a huge orbit that it takes to do one orbit, and even the orbit is so far far far away... and due to there is just so much "space", and it being as large as a brown dwarf star its just simple to cold to spot in the vastness of space...

i wonder if that is going to be in the game, as a "the finial frontier" of the unknown, due to it being a theory/hypothesis in current space. that would give us some interesting content early on.

but it could all just be a new planet, which im all in for.

So is this like major-but-not-certainty confirmation of another species in KSP...be it an extinct precursor, or a civilization we'll meet...that's up for debate. But...this image pretty inarguably says "two species" right? Gah. I can't wait. Also thanks for the decoding!

Anyone got a link to the interview where some old Squad dev talked about the story they cut from KSP 1?

Edit nevermind found it.

Edited by zeekzeek22

50 minutes ago, RocketRockington said:

So it looks like some sort of precursor storyline?  Is that what KSP2's story is going to be, something where squid face ancient aliens tell you what planet/solar system you need to go to next?

I really, but really hope not.  The game doesn’t need any more story than Kerbals building and flying the dream you dream for them.

Just now, Wheehaw Kerman said:

I really, but really hope not.  The game doesn’t need any more story than Kerbals building and flying the dream you dream for them.

To be fair the original KSP devs had a strong intention to add more details regarding the precursor species into the game but never got round to it for whatever reason. Their homeworld was transported somehow to the FAR outer edge of the Kerbol system and their cities froze, but before they went extinct they left monoliths to seed intelligent life... And we got Kerbals.

I guessed it was a celestial map but now I'm joining the bandwagon of it depicting Kerbol's system, and that the final reveal will be the location of the precursor homeworld.

7 minutes ago, Nirgal said:

To be fair the original KSP devs had a strong intention to add more details regarding the precursor species into the game but never got round to it for whatever reason. Their homeworld was transported somehow to the FAR outer edge of the Kerbol system and their cities froze, but before they went extinct they left monoliths to seed intelligent life... And we got Kerbals.

I guessed it was a celestial map but now I'm joining the bandwagon of it depicting Kerbol's system, and that the final reveal will be the location of the precursor homeworld.

And yet the game managed to become what it is, and engage and amuse us for over a decade, with none of that in it.

There’s just something unnecessary about it.  It gets low budget B grade sci fi into a cartoony educational sandbox allegory for humanity’s exploration of space.  It adds no value to the build and fly, and locks the dream onto rails going someplace some of us don’t care about.

Edit: I shouldn’t be so negative.  I would be sad if KSP2 forced some sort of plot or story into the gameplay.  I’d be fine with the odd anomaly here and there, and I shouldn’t assume the devs are going to make them important to the game or have them affect gameplay.

Edited by Wheehaw Kerman