Kerbal Space Program 2: Episode 7 - Recording Rockets

20 hours ago, Anth12 said:

We dont need Blue Origin, we have SpaceX's Amos-6 explosion

Sound delays are always weird then looking at videos. For lighting the no sound delay is just scary. Both lighting and explosions become much sharper then close 

37 minutes ago, Cpt72Bug said:

I like how the spaceship crashes while their up grabbing snacks. Hours of flying and maneuvering ruined! Hope they are good with their quicksave game. 

I say its very kerbal , warning spaceplane can not land, engines flaps and landing gear don't work,  you need to bail out in 60 seconds. All the kerbals run to loot the snacks locker before jumping creating an black Friday free for all melee 

55 minutes ago, magnemoe said:

Sound delays are always weird then looking at videos. For lighting the no sound delay is just scary. Both lighting and explosions become much sharper then close 

That was the first or second video I saw of it. There are ones out there in which they sync the sound.

man, cannot wait to hear this when i need to "haul" a load up. also the visuals is quite stunning, i really hop they have a setting for audio delay. see on a foggy night/day, with a replay mod, or multiplayer, seeing this, hearing this will be amazing. if they are using real life audio to help simulate to synthesize for the game, man this will sound killer, and automated landing/reentry man, that will be amazing to see and hear.

a foggy night, and at then crack of the launch of the rocket, the

On 1/13/2023 at 6:11 PM, Anth12 said:

We dont need Blue Origin, we have SpaceX's Amos-6 explosion

sky glow orange, as the impending sound lingers towards you, seeing and then hearing, hearing the launch, and then the deepest roar of rocket engines taking off, just for the same killer sound when landing with sonic booms.. this is something i wish to see and hear in a ksp 2 experience.

31 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

Is the soundtrack going to be released before or at the moment of EA launch or later? @Ghostii_Space

You're assuming they will even release the soundtrack at all. They might not. KSP 1 didn't release its soundtrack. Of course, with that said, the tracks are public domain. 

Edited by GoldForest

Haven't seen it posted - but has anyone tried breaking the other arches?  KSP doesn't have destructable environments per se (I know buildings at KSC can be).  Has anyone tried smacking any of the other arches with a ship?  (I kinda doubt they'd be able to break anything - but I haven't seen anyone say they've tried it).

Edit - oh, wait, nevermind.  I remember seeing the Changelog post for KSP: they only changed the one arch.

On 1/11/2023 at 10:06 AM, Vl3d said:

No.. i think the soundtrack is releasing with EA and we just have to wait for the behind the scenes video of how it was composed and recorded.

God I can't wait for that video, lack of a proper soundtrack was always a gripe for me with KSP1. I'm hoping that the Kerbol system's planets each have their own theme and maybe outside of it it defaults to like "planet type" themes? Like one piece of music for a rocky planet, one for a gas giant, etc.

13 hours ago, MattMoney said:

God I can't wait for that video, lack of a proper soundtrack was always a gripe for me with KSP1. I'm hoping that the Kerbol system's planets each have their own theme and maybe outside of it it defaults to like "planet type" themes? Like one piece of music for a rocky planet, one for a gas giant, etc.

I really enjoyed that qiet, calm jingly music to be fair.

• 1 month later...

After watching the gameplay footage from the ESA event that released today, I've gotta say that all aspects of the audio in KSP2 are great.  The soundtrack, rocket sounds, VAB sounds, UI sounds, footsteps, and kerbal chatter (which I totally wasn't expecting and love).  Even better there's a ton of modulation depending on where you are (atm/vac) and the music seems to adapt to the environment.  This seems like the most polished aspect of the early access gameplay and is perhaps the only area where I have 0 complaints or worries.  Good job KSP2 audio team!