Karecibo Message - Complete Version

Vl3d

3 hours ago, Kraken Attack said:

I think that the black star looks like the black hole is sucking matter from the sun like in this image.

I was thinking that too but I don't want to hype myself up thinking we will actually see a binary system with a black hole. It's just too awesome. 

26 minutes ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

I was thinking that too but I don't want to hype myself up thinking we will actually see a binary system with a black hole. It's just too awesome. 

We saw a binary system with a compact object, on a monitor, in the latest video.

14 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

We saw a binary system with a compact object, on a monitor, in the latest video.

I don't know if it's relevant but that segment was filmed over 3 years ago (mentioned in the video itself, and it's probably from the same filming session here (at 1:27):

Spoiler

Given the footage's age, in that it's pre-Intercept and therefore pre-scope-widening, I just don't buy that it represents anything that was in or planned to be in the game at the time

Edited by whatsEJstandfor

On 1/12/2023 at 9:58 PM, mcwaffles2003 said:

Also, my thoughts:

K6FlObi.png

This is the KSP2 Development Process: 

Launches off of KSP
Meets Kraken
Kraken breaks the ship.
Rest of ship left after kraken (after studio changes) go on a long journey (long dev cycle)
Finally, they approach final destination (KSP 2 launch)
Aliens from Black Star/Void (The forums - us, as players) visit
And meet Kerbals.

1 hour ago, Bej Kerman said:

I know, but that doesn't mean that was from the game, could just be background stuff. Im tempering my expectations.

56 minutes ago, Bosun said:

Launches off of KSP
Meets Kraken
Kraken breaks the ship.
Rest of ship left after kraken (after studio changes) go on a long journey (long dev cycle)
And meet Kerbals.

I like this. Kind of like song lyrics, I don't think that was the intended message, but I like the interpretation

I'm doubtful of the idea that the alternating pattern is just there to signal the start of the message, and that this is actually two seperate messages. We clearly see lines connect other parts of the image to the dots in the middle of the message, I dont see why this would be done if it was just to signify message start/stop (and the fact that the start of the "second message" has the wrong number of dots and doesnt terminate.

The actual Aricebo transmission had no "start" and relied on the prime length of the message to define its proportions. I havent done the counting, but I'd be interested to see if this message has the same trait. 

This is most likely nothing more than just my thoughts, but I wonder if this message is kind of a subtle refence on how certain kraken attacks can induce sudden FTL speeds, and in this message it was showing how it lead them to the discovery of interstellar travel. Probably not the case, but certainly would be a very kerbal way to discover such things!

Edited by Yellowburn10

11 hours ago, desert said:

Then why there are a lines that lead to and from these rows, one at the left and one at the right. The lone could go down through the image at leftnside. Then the last row is incomplete. And there isn't any end of transmission at the bottom of an image.

Pretty sure that they didnt put transmission end since it would merge with the alien and the kerbal.

The middle one looks vauge, we can just speculate till ksp2 comes out 

9 hours ago, Bosun said:

Launches off of KSP
Meets Kraken
Kraken breaks the ship.
And meet Kerbals.

Good idea, and the double row of dots make sense to me now

6xkZS3c.png

ie. Early access 2023.

Perhaps the lower pattern is a target of sorts - a bit like an FPS shooter reticle. So in 2023 it's a loose target / early stages. Then the 'parts' come together at release.

iY15jKq.png

However, maybe that doesn't explain the hollow star symbol. :confused: Perhaps the aliens are something we can discover at final release?

EDIT: ok nevermind! I get it now!

nljjkhlc1gy91.jpg

5 dots = 5 major milestones of KSP2...notice the mystery 6th one there on the end :o 

Spoiler

alens.jpg

Edit2: infographicalizationed

h3ed0PE.png

Edited by selbie

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/17/2023 at 1:28 AM, selbie said:

Good idea, and the double row of dots make sense to me now

6xkZS3c.png

ie. Early access 2023.

Perhaps the lower pattern is a target of sorts - a bit like an FPS shooter reticle. So in 2023 it's a loose target / early stages. Then the 'parts' come together at release.

iY15jKq.png

However, maybe that doesn't explain the hollow star symbol. :confused: Perhaps the aliens are something we can discover at final release?

EDIT: ok nevermind! I get it now!

nljjkhlc1gy91.jpg

5 dots = 5 major milestones of KSP2...notice the mystery 6th one there on the end :o 

Reveal hidden contents

alens.jpg

Edit2: infographicalizationed

h3ed0PE.png

That last part of the image could totally be a bearded Nate Simpson waving hello next to the Kerbal.