Intercept Games Official Discord is Now Live!

Ghostii_Space

Has that place calmed down a little? There seems to be a lot of valuable information coming first hand from the devs, and it requires some digging to find that info here, if it's been posted at all. And I'm not signing up to crawling through the chaos like on day 1.

4 hours ago, The Aziz said:

Has that place calmed down a little? There seems to be a lot of valuable information coming first hand from the devs, and it requires some digging to find that info here, if it's been posted at all. And I'm not signing up to crawling through the chaos like on day 1.

It's calmed down as long as you stay out of the KSP 2 channels, those are near-constantly full of random dumb "arguments."  You can just search the messages from certain people and sort through the garbage though.

12 hours ago, The Aziz said:

It's much much better :)

You can find me helpin' out on the KSP 1 help channel!

As an older person; I don't get it.

Isn't this Discord thing just another forum?

So, people on this forum would sign up for a second forum and people on that discord can sign up for this forum?

That's just double the work - like having two wives. Who needs that mess?!

Just now, Mahnarch said:

As an older person; I don't get it. Isn't this Discord thing just another forum?

So, people on this forum would sign up for a second forum and people on that discord can sign up for this forum? That's just double the work - like having two wives. Who needs that mess?!

Discord is focused towards life chat. There are discord channels where people can interact with Twitch live streamers for instance, or while playing a game (although the IG discord is neither of those). But it's all about now.

The forum on the other hand, doesn't require that. Threads posted a month ago can be searched, read and responded to.

You'd have one glamour wife to take to functions and parties, and another one to go hiking and mountain climbing with, so to speak.

On 1/17/2023 at 2:08 PM, Entropian said:

A lot of KSP Discord servers end up devolving into topics that are borderline and well within NSFW and topics not suitable for this forum.  Lowne's and Piolet's are widely regarded to be some of the most extreme ones in this group by the general community.  It is, however, important to note that servers like this are not the only kinds of KSP Discord servers.  Many content creators and groups have their own, much better moderated servers.

i've been in piolet's server for nearly a year now, and it isnt nearly as bad as you're making it out to be. literally the worst things that have happened have been bad actors coming in to try and ruin the show and them getting dealt with pretty much immediately by mod teams
matt's server is a hellhole though, i can agree on that

58 minutes ago, GusToTheMoon said:

i've been in piolet's server for nearly a year now, and it isnt nearly as bad as you're making it out to be. literally the worst things that have happened have been bad actors coming in to try and ruin the show and them getting dealt with pretty much immediately by mod teams

Mod from the server here, not sure why it's being lumped in with matt's. There's a rule against directly NSFW content and it's a pretty inclusive place.

1 hour ago, GusToTheMoon said:

2 minutes ago, RhodeWithBrim said:

Mod from the server here, not sure why it's being lumped in with matt's. There's a rule against directly NSFW content and it's a pretty inclusive place.

I'd respectfully disagree. It at first was a good server but the homegrown culture got very toxic. That's why I left.

It may not be NSFW but it certainly ain't good for the soul.

Just now, RhodeWithBrim said:

Might I ask what you mean by that?

Almost two years of reading conversations has led me to these conclusions. The general chat usually discusses various foul topics that dip into NSFW territory without actually posting any NSFW content.

On 1/17/2023 at 5:08 PM, Entropian said:

A lot of KSP Discord servers end up devolving into topics that are borderline and well within NSFW and topics not suitable for this forum.  Lowne's and Piolet's are widely regarded to be some of the most extreme ones in this group by the general community.  It is, however, important to note that servers like this are not the only kinds of KSP Discord servers.  Many content creators and groups have their own, much better moderated servers.

Every issue I’ve seen in Piolets has been swiftly and professionally dealt with. We have a strict policy against direct NSFW and toxic behaviour is usually taken care of very quickly. So, might I ask, what in the world are you going on about?

3 hours ago, Staticalliam7 said:

So, might I ask, what in the world are you going on about?

I'm going on the opinions of nearly everyone I've met in other KSP servers, along with content crossposted from Piolet's server that demonstrates an apparent lack of effective moderation or a lack of appropriate rules.

10 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

Whatever you might think about other Discords, please remember that this thread is about ours. 

(Weird Al reference)

I know it's a roundabout way of saying it but...

Love

The Intercept Games Discord.

I get what discord is for, kids think they've done something new. it's just fancy IRC (actually using some irc protocols btw.)

what I don't understand is why PD doesn't understand what discord is for. It is not the place to be sharing sneak peaks and the like. It's a now platform, if you aren't there when something happens, you've missed out. It's not searchable, it's barely manageable.  And by it's very nature of being live, not family friendly. I don't care how much you moderate it. I know it's all part of the marketing, but if the only people who see your marketing material are people constantly looking at discord. Well your gonna find out how small that echo chamber really is. Try hards and kids who don't have a disposable income of their own are the people who regularly inhabit discord like that.

[Moderator added translation]
Imagine a room with several hundred people, each having their own conversation, sometimes engaging in a larger conversation that the whole room is having, while you have a handful of people. the most annoyingly loud voices you can imagine running around interjecting the most frivolous and useless thing into every possible conversation they can muster. Welcome to Discord!

Edited by kingking
Added Translation