Fly to Jool on a (corrupt) budget.

Jeb is looking to take a vacation to Jool with friends.

However, seeing as he doesn't exactly have permission to do this, he has decided to turn to corruption to fund his project through money allocated to other projects. Nobody is going to pay him for recovering the craft, and ideally the costs won't be noticeable on the space program's budget.

He would like to also get there and back as quickly as he can.

He would  like to land as many places as possible, and also like to bring his close friends.

Scoring:

1 point for Jeb reaching the Joolian system.

1 point for every object Jeb lands on in that system.

Tylo and Laythe landings are worth 1 additional point.

You get 1 point for a space center landing with all Kerbals (space center must be within view).

Jeb wants friends there, but mostly a few close personal friends. Not everyone on Kerbin. Therefore, each friend is worth less than the last, 1, 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, 1/5 of a point, etc for the landings or just being in the Joolian system.

Jeb's friends must simultaneously be with him in any given landing or situation to count as . I get to decide what "with" means.

Friends that ride a dangerous rover, plane, or boat which is incapable of returning to orbit under its own power together with Jeb are worth double for that landing, as is Jeb. If it isn't fast or maneuverable enough to be dangerous and fun, it doesn't count. I encourage creativity here but if you try to optimize this category to slim margins, you better have a good argument that the vehicle is dangerous and fun.

No killing Kerbals.

No stranding Kerbals.

No Kraken drives. Aero exploits are allowed if they don't generate free energy from nothing.

Your score is multiplied by 1,000,000,000 (one billion) and then divided by the time in days it took to get there and back AND the launch cost.

So for example, if Jeb goes to Laythe and rides a Speedboat with Bob, Val, and Bill there, then lands at the Space center, and it takes 2000 days and 50000 funds, that is 1E9*(1+1+3*(1+1+1/2+1/3))/1E8 = 105 points.

Edited by Pds314

I might give this a go. I have some scoring questions, though.

On 1/15/2023 at 12:43 AM, Pds314 said:

1E9*(1+1+3*(1+1+1/2+1/3))/1E8

The 1E9 comes from the 1 billion, the 1E8 comes from the days and funds. 1+1+0.5+0.33 is from Jeb and his 3 friends.

I am confused as to why it is getting multiplied by 3, and I'm confused as to why there are 2 +1s in there instead of 3.

1 point for Jeb reaching the Joolian system.

1 point for every object Jeb lands on in that system.

Tylo and Laythe landings are worth 1 additional point.

You get 1 point for a space center landing with all Kerbals (space center must be within view).

Shouldn't that be a +4 total? Jeb reached Jool, 1 point for a landing, 1 point for Laythe, and 1 point for a KSC landing.

Friends that ride a dangerous rover, plane, or boat which is incapable of returning to orbit under its own power together with Jeb are worth double for that landing, as is Jeb. If it isn't fast or maneuverable enough to be dangerous and fun, it doesn't count. I encourage creativity here but if you try to optimize this category to slim margins, you better have a good argument that the vehicle is dangerous and fun.

And wouldn't that multiply stuff by 2 instead of 3? From what I'm getting, the score for the example should be:

1E9*(1+1+1+1+(2*(1+1+0.5+0.33)))/1E8

Very interesting challenge idea, just slightly confused on the scoring.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.