1.12.5 Arch Mun Map Mode graphical glitch. The colours of the arch are affecting the surface of the Mun when zoomed in.

ENifFwS.png

This happens if you are on top of the new Arch when in map mode. Almost looks metallic if rotating around with the Craft being the focus.

Doesn't happen by the looks of it unless the scene has been reloaded or a quicksave has been used.

Retested with a new install of the GOG version without mods (and without DLCs)  and its still happening.

Edited by Anth12

53 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

Thread moved to the Support sub. 

Do we have a feedback forum? Its a bug more than a support issue. I will be submitting things like this for KSP2 as bugs (if there are any)

@Ghostii_SpaceI think said I would be able to make posts about KSP2 issues as well as use the direct feedback system for KSP2. I am assuming we will get a place to do that?

Edited by Anth12

22 minutes ago, Clayel said:

KSP isn't really being updated for bugs anymore.

Do you have any resource overlays toggled? It looks like one of the options for ore scanning.

Only happens when a craft or Kerbal is on top of the new arch.

When rotating the camera the colours change almost looking metallic which is completely different from the normal way KSP does the ore resourcing overlay.

The save was just for finding the arch and nothing else so no mining or scanning had been done. I cheated the craft into Mun orbit then deorbited onto different anomolies as I had no idea what I was looking for

Edited by Anth12

22 hours ago, Anth12 said:

Only happens when a craft or Kerbal is on top of the new arch.

When rotating the camera the colours change almost looking metallic which is completely different from the normal way KSP does the ore resourcing overlay.

The save was just for finding the arch and nothing else so no mining or scanning had been done. I cheated the craft into Mun orbit then deorbited onto different anomolies as I had no idea what I was looking for

Yeah I have no idea, all I can think is verifying the game files and then maybe reinstalling.

2 hours ago, Clayel said:

Yeah I have no idea, all I can think is verifying the game files and then maybe reinstalling.

Someone else found the bug. I then tested it with a modded save and then a clean install. Its a definite bug. The developers know about it. Its not really that major though. More Interesting than anything else.

I have been avoiding KSP1 waiting for KSP2 since the early access announcement, but I did a lot of bug reports for KSP1 so when one comes up that is interesting I will take a look

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.