Steam stream images - KSC Beta Gameplay Timelapse

Vl3d

Screenshots:

beta-ksc-timelapse-1.png

beta-ksc-timelapse-2.png

beta-ksc-timelapse-3.png

beta-ksc-timelapse-4.png

It looks beautiful! And the music.. out of this world, very-very good soundtrack! The lighting and reflections are amazing.

The jaggies, clouds and trees... they're beta.

Would have liked to see how Kerbol reflects in the ocean.

A few similar KSP1 images for comparison:

ksp1-ksc-timelapse-3.png

ksp1-ksc-timelapse-2.png

ksp1-ksc-timelapse-1.png

Edited by Vl3d
added images

Just now, Bej Kerman said:

Has anyone been recording the soundtrack?

Maybe it's going to be released soon. Although... I would prefer hearing the music in-game for the first time.

I hope we get some in depth camera tools, similar to games like No Man's Sky and Horizon Zero Dawn. Even though I do have some gripes with the visuals we see here compared to what we've seen before (clouds specifically), I can already tell that cinematic montages  of KSP2 are going to be mind-bogglingly beautiful. 

20 minutes ago, Pthigrivi said:

The music reminds me of Johann Johannsson or Hildur Guonadottir. Really spectacular.

Please tell me I'm not the only one recording it, I recorded the entire 48 minute playlist and only just now noticed I recorded it in mono.

Just now, The Aziz said:

I noticed some strange colored lights near the horizon on the right, flashing every now and then, anyone?

I've seen stars + reflections (flashing sometimes), that red streak through the sky, and minor flashes across the whole screen, but nothing particularly out of the ordinary. 

Second recording, and... a minor cut in audio. Someone better have been recording this playlist else the only uploaded copy for the next month (which I know might feel like a very, very long time to people) will have a really annoying cut in it. Please tell me everyone isn't just standing around gawking at the shiny new stream without making sure at least one copy exists before it ends.

12 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

Second recording, and... a minor cut in audio. Someone better have been recording this playlist else the only uploaded copy for the next month (which I know might feel like a very, very long time to people) will have a really annoying cut in it. Please tell me everyone isn't just standing around gawking at the shiny new stream without making sure at least one copy exists before it ends.

I think its a loop. At 2:27:15 it had a stutter and flashed the "Rating Pending" thing in the bottom left.

Just now, The Aziz said:

I didn't do anything with sound

But yo dawgh I heard you like timelapses so I made a timelapse out of your timelapse

https://gfycat.com/pl/fearfulnearichthyosaurs

Snazzy, well done!

3 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

I didn't do anything with sound

But yo dawgh I heard you like timelapses so I made a timelapse out of your timelapse

https://gfycat.com/pl/fearfulnearichthyosaurs

Then there's me sitting there and watching that timelapse thinking "daaaamn, thats still a long timelapse" only for me to realise that I watched it like 6 times and didn't notice.

What I did notice though was the fact that the sky can be all clear without a single cloud to be seen all the way to nearly completely overvcast.

21 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

This isn't nearly as unrealistic as it sounds.

Dearly signed, a brit.

Oh don't get me wrong that wasn't meant as criticism at all. Far from it. I wanted to point it out, because I thought it was cool, as it is dynamic in a subtle way.
And yes I had a day like that today, from snowy and really windy to sunny before noon, we had it all today.

10 minutes ago, jastrone said:

was there anything else in  the stream that was new?

Nope. It was just a time loop of the KSC during day and night. What you see in the screenshots was basically the whole thing. There was music in the background, which everyone is assuming is the KSP 2 soundtrack.

Other than that, nothing. Not even developer commentary. 

Edited by GoldForest