Steam stream images - KSC Beta Gameplay Timelapse

Vl3d

5 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

And for what reason would it not be the KSP 2 soundtrack?

I'm not saying it is or it isn't. But it wasn't confirmed or denied that what we heard was KSP 2's soundtrack. It could be just some random royalty free-music. Until we get confirmation, I'll remain skeptical.

But to answer your question, they might want to keep the soundtrack under wraps until KSP 2 EA. Heck, they might not even have the music in the game at launch. It might not be ready yet, or they want more time to mess with the balances and stuff. 

5 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

I'm not saying it is or it isn't. But it wasn't confirmed or denied that what we heard was KSP 2's soundtrack. It could be just some random royalty free-music. Until we get confirmation, I'll remain skeptical.

Intercept isn't amateur, everything they do and every choice they make when arranging streams and making animations will have been done on purpose. I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't use their own music when they've been showing content for the past half decade.

20 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

There's some room for improvements..

image.png

Colored lighting would Indeed be nice. I think I remember some shots of a kerbal being lit in green because the planet shine from Jool was casting that color light on the landscape, so I bet that it wouldn’t be infeasible to make the light change based on the atmosphere’s color at different times of day. I hope that this is one small polish feature that gets included - if not at EA launch, then over the course of development prior to 1.0. 

The narrow VAB has a very pre-0.21(?*) feeling to it. Not as clunky of course, but still, it's shape is very reminiscent. Curious if that was on purpose.

* well whatever version the KSC was upgraded. It's a long time ago...

rXc1HIuhRBCkWDLICJ3Xx3ZVXbBSLh4scfKcELVF5HncOX8kJt-4NPSjEOcxN9nducWZ6AWVLpXkLSaXYQdhashjsWHO7E5J0nkYiGAsyWtveRfxTHmBnIM_MZpf9bJP3KKS93LlyihZ4wdDP5XLM9Ft-47KC-xgqDbV8j9-m7NoLuVMGa5xIwfij3nAlA

i saw this bright purple light that flashed a few times, in this vid at about 1:32, it flashes a bit and then its gone, what could it be? it doesnt look like a visual glitch.

edit: after watching a longer video for a bit it happens other times at other times of day

Edited by KalleHeHa

1 hour ago, KalleHeHa said:

rXc1HIuhRBCkWDLICJ3Xx3ZVXbBSLh4scfKcELVF5HncOX8kJt-4NPSjEOcxN9nducWZ6AWVLpXkLSaXYQdhashjsWHO7E5J0nkYiGAsyWtveRfxTHmBnIM_MZpf9bJP3KKS93LlyihZ4wdDP5XLM9Ft-47KC-xgqDbV8j9-m7NoLuVMGa5xIwfij3nAlA

i saw this bright purple light that flashed a few times, in this vid at about 1:32, it flashes a bit and then its gone, what could it be? it doesnt look like a visual glitch.

edit: after watching a longer video for a bit it happens other times at other times of day

just watched this entire video hoping to find a secret message in the purple flashes, it happened 3 times at irregular intervals. if translated into morse code it reads "RTT" (assuming the bright flashes are dashes and dim flashes are dots).

dunno if this has any meaning its obviusly not the full message if it even is a message. what do you guys think

Well I saw green and purple flashes. I wonder if it was in multiplayer mode and we were seeing some weird artifact from that, or maybe from an earlyer launch/landing and the flashes were from strobe or other lights just at the horizon.

Edited by Drakenred65

1 hour ago, Jacob Kerman said:

It looks nice, but does the sunrise look.. I dont know... odd to you guys? Like, the kind of odd shadows and lighting you get during a solar eclipse?

Because there's no change in color. Normally at sunset, the white light gets filtered by the thicker atmo, and you get yellowish-orange sunsets on Earth, blue on Mars etc. There's no sign of such thing happening here, it's all white light until it's below the horizon and it's dark. There isn't even any light reflected from the atmosphere that would give a minute or two of twilight. 

That's why it feels like during an eclipse, it just gets hidden behind the planet and that's it.

3 hours ago, KalleHeHa said:

I've seen several posts about the purple and green flashes.  They don't always appear along the coast like that one shown in the image you provide - so I'm thinking they are artifacts of some sort.

Edited by JoeSchmuckatelli

1 hour ago, The Aziz said:

Because there's no change in color. Normally at sunset, the white light gets filtered by the thicker atmo, and you get yellowish-orange sunsets on Earth, blue on Mars etc. There's no sign of such thing happening here, it's all white light until it's below the horizon and it's dark. There isn't even any light reflected from the atmosphere that would give a minute or two of twilight. 

That's why it feels like during an eclipse, it just gets hidden behind the planet and that's it.

For 3+ years I've been appreciating real life sunsets and looking forward to getting to a nice vantage point on Kerbin or Laythe and watching an orange coloured sky with pink clouds during sunset... It's not asking much for a triple A game to include sunset/sunrise lighting in my opinion.

The more I see the more my expectations are being tempered (diplomatic language).

14 minutes ago, Nirgal said:

For 3+ years I've been appreciating real life sunsets and looking forward to getting to a nice vantage point on Kerbin or Laythe and watching an orange coloured sky with pink clouds during sunset... It's not asking much for a triple A game to include sunset/sunrise lighting in my opinion.

The more I see the more my expectations are being tempered (diplomatic language).

I'm not a graphics engineer, but being an engine engineer, I had to work with the graphics team a lot and dabble in rendering myself. What we're seeing in this time lapse is 80% there. The atmospheric scattering you see that results in the sky change is a big chunk of the work done. The clouds look very WIP. Based on the atmospherics used, I think I recognize the technique, and the clouds should be hooked into that system for a unified look. This can look as good as Red Dead Redemption 2's atmospherics, because I'm pretty sure it's the same approach. I don't think we'll have quite as much variation, as that's a lot of work, and Intercept is a small team, but the stuff that is supported should look good.

Likewise, the terrain illumination from the skybox is just not hooked up. It's not a lot of work, but it's additional work that you normally do after you're happy with how your skybox looks. Since this is a custom skybox, it's not just going to be a checkbox in Unity, and so the tech artists, apparently, still need to go through the game's materials and update them to use scattered light from the sky. I have no doubt that it's on the list of things to do.

tl;dr, this is clearly unfinished, and I don't think it represents what the game will look like when it's done. I expect both the terrain and the clouds to be picking up skylight with all the beautiful colors.

14 minutes ago, K^2 said:

tl;dr, this is clearly unfinished, and I don't think it represents what the game will look like when it's done. I expect both the terrain and the clouds to be picking up skylight with all the beautiful colors.

Thats what Im assuming. Even if they were still here on the 24th thats fine, its the fundamental gameplay that should take priority. I think this kind of thing will get cleaned up in the first few updates. 

14 hours ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

I've seen several posts about the purple and green flashes.  They don't always appear along the coast like that one shown in the image you provide - so I'm thinking they are artifacts of some sort.

Artifacts? How so? They looked more like kabooms to me.

4 hours ago, Jacob Kerman said:

Artifacts? How so? They looked more like kabooms to me.

Like I wrote - I've seen them myself during the streams and seen other videos.  At first - because I kept seeing them along the coast - I thought they were a something there that was intentional and flashing.  But then I began to see green and purple flashes in random places.  Further, the 'primary color' aspect (all one color) reminds me of some glitches I've seen in other places.  Flash artifacts