[1.12.5] SSOUPP - Super Science Orbital Utilities Part Pack, and more!

Lil_Bread402

SSOUPP

screenshot296.png

Photo by @AmateurAstronaut1969

Overall Description

SSOUPP is a mod that adds space station parts based off of the NASA Supermodule concept and some other concepts that will come soon

Downloads

Github

SpaceDock

Dependencies

B9 Partswitch

Module Manager

Recommended mods

Shuttle Orbiter Construction kit
Waterfall

Habtech

Current Version

To my knowledge this mod works on 1.11 and possibly 1.10, but I've only tested it on 1.12. Though if anyone has issues or can confirm it works on any other version please let me know

Special thanks to

@CobaltWolf,  @benjee10, @EStreetRockets for helping a ton on this mod. Supermodule would probably look horrible without their help in this

@AmateurAstronaut1969, @Talverd, @Jay The Amazing Toaster, @Vals_Aerospace, @Pioneer_Steve, and  @pTrevTrevs for all Giving good feedback in both this mod any other modding endeavor I've done.

image.png?width=1082&height=676

Photo by andres (he doesn't have an account)

screenshot14.png

Photo by @raptor-m

7 hours ago, AmateurAstronaut1969 said:

Dropping massive W's as always!

10 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

Congratz on the release!! Looks great!!

17 hours ago, Jay The Amazing Toaster said:

absolute banger!

Thank you very much guys. Hope I can make some more Soupy goodness for this mod.

Nice!
Gonna download this later this week. Work is keeping me pretty busy.

23 hours ago, Lil_Bread402 said:

SSOUPP

screenshot296.png

Photo by @AmateurAstronaut1969

Overall Description

SSOUPP is a mod that adds space station parts based off of the NASA Supermodule concept and some other concepts that will come soon

Downloads

Github

SpaceDock

Dependencies

B9 Partswitch

Module Manager

Recommended mods

Shuttle Orbiter Construction kit
Waterfall

Habtech

Current Version

To my knowledge this mod works on 1.11 and possibly 1.10, but I've only tested it on 1.12. Though if anyone has issues or can confirm it works on any other version please let me know

Special thanks to

@CobaltWolf,  @benjee10, @EStreetRockets for helping a ton on this mod. Supermodule would probably look horrible without their help in this

@AmateurAstronaut1969, @Talverd, @Jay The Amazing Toaster, @Vals_Aerospace, @Pioneer_Steve, and  @pTrevTrevs for all Giving good feedback in both this mod any other modding endeavor I've done.

image.png?width=1082&height=676

Photo by andres (he doesn't have an account)

screenshot14.png

Photo by @raptor-m

The rocket in the first picture, what parts/mods did you use for that? I definitely recognize the boosters from Photon Corp, but I can't place the center stage(s), especially that neat engine housing.

2 hours ago, Blufor878 said:

The rocket in the first picture, what parts/mods did you use for that? I definitely recognize the boosters from Photon Corp, but I can't place the center stage(s), especially that neat engine housing.

that picture is by Amatuer but I do know the core is from the mod ORANGES by Estreetrockets.

13 hours ago, septemberWaves said:

This is an extremely interesting concept that I'd never heard of before. It should be interesting to use in-game.

Does the mod also include the unique engine mount for the launch vehicle?

no sadly not. Though I believe it's easily kitbashable or will be made by another mod. If no one makes it though I'll gladly consider making it

On 1/24/2023 at 1:23 AM, Lil_Bread402 said:

no sadly not. Though I believe it's easily kitbashable or will be made by another mod. If no one makes it though I'll gladly consider making it

I'm sure it's very kitbashable, though getting it to re-enter properly might be a bit awkward. I don't think it's likely that any other mod will add the part though: given that this engine configuration seems to be unique to this payload proposal, it probably fits in better with the scope of this mod than any other.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2023 at 5:41 PM, MashAndBangers said:

SOUP:

pP5PFSY.png

More pics at:

Oh my goodness! This is an amazing photo. A really Super station

On 2/4/2023 at 7:53 PM, Rocket Science42 said:

Will this mod ever get IVAs for the super module

No I don't believe so. Though maybe if I get a big enough interest to do so

On 2/11/2023 at 11:13 AM, Lil_Bread402 said:

Oh my goodness! This is an amazing photo. A really Super station

No I don't believe so. Though maybe if I get a big enough interest to do so

Ah, it's still a cool mod anyway!

On that note does anyone know a way to access IVA's without having to directly click on the relevant module? Like a hotkey or something. I have this trick where I use the VAB's move tools to inset parts with IVA's into parts without IVA's to kinda give the latter some form of internal space. Usually though I leave a part slightly exposed at the ends so that you can click on it to transfer crews between compartments. But in this case I don't want to break the visual profile of the Super Module.

I figure since they never fully fleshed out what the interior of this big guy was supposed to be like, I could use BDB or Nertea's stuff to give it an interior of sorts.

Edited by Blufor878

• 2 months later...
On 2/11/2023 at 9:25 AM, Rocket Science42 said:

I think you should have an IVA for the SOUP, it would make the mod just that little bit better overall.

That's really not fun to make sometimes but I can try something sometime. I've updated SSOUPP though, adding 2 new things. A brand new grey variant like the modules in Habtech, and a shortened version with just the radial node for anyone needing just the end piece.

image.png?width=1100&height=1352image.png?width=1078&height=1352

14 hours ago, Lil_Bread402 said:

That's really not fun to make sometimes but I can try something sometime. I've updated SSOUPP though, adding 2 new things. A brand new grey variant like the modules in Habtech, and a shortened version with just the radial node for anyone needing just the end piece.

that's ok, take your time

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.