KSP2 Sneakpeeks

Dakota

13 minutes ago, Master39 said:

The more I look at that plane the more curios I get about those procedural wings and how control surfaces and fuel into wings are going to work.

Control surfaces can be adjusted to your liking, although idk if we'll get things like "the whole wing can turn like all all-flying tail" or whatnot. As for fuel, maybe we'll see some simple volume calculations minus some % for internal material and that's that (above a certain volume anyway, where fuel tanks would actually fit).

Edited by Domonian

2 hours ago, Master39 said:

The more I look at that plane the more curios I get about those procedural wings and how control surfaces and fuel into wings are going to work.

I'm more curious (concerned, more like) about the part displacement happening on screenshots #5 and #6. 

14 minutes ago, dok_377 said:

I'm more curious (concerned, more like) about the part displacement happening on screenshots #5 and #6. 

Likely an issue with teleporting around. Maybe they started on the launch pad and teleported to Duna orbit, and that's why things are a little out of line; I've heard it can happen in KSP1 so maybe they're having a similar issue here. Not really sure though. 

20 minutes ago, PD_Dakota said:

Screenshot14.png

I'm really quite impressed with the lighting on the yellow/gold section, that looks really nice.

1 hour ago, whatsEJstandfor said:

Spot the difference

RXNlwJr.png

Absolutely overestimating how good it look.

Having some atmospheric effects , and what looks like some 2d clouds, and MAAR sunflare. 

• Variation of clouds, and aswell as thickness
  • City lights
  • Water has different colors
  • Water reflects light instead pure white
  • Sun flaring near the screen with the rainbow effect
  • planet shine
  • Zero hard line "light cutoffs"

thats the difference between "these photos"

here is ksp 1 

here is a 58 second download run, zero-G and spawned up into the sky run with MAAR sun, scatter, Spectra, EVE, PS and everything needed for there dependency's. 70-110fps 4k

fQj30Ri.png

i'm giving a reasonable response of the "find the differences, even in ksp 1 modded.. 

sun is to large, and aswell as sun flare on modded

Edited by Stephensan
"the fake i thought i typed it, saw it in my mind, didn't type it out moment"

6 hours ago, Stephensan said:

MAAR sun, scatter, Spectra, EVE, PS and everything needed for there dependency's. 70-110fps 4k

Now install a bunch of near future mods, colony mods, waterfall, planet packs so you can go interstellar and please report your mileage after few hours of continuous playing.

Jeez.

3 hours ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

I'm actually annoyed by people comparing KSP2 with heavily modded KSP. 

Maybe they're trying to say something - but there is so much wrong with the comparison I don't even know where to start 

its the same concept of doing the "spot the difference" between the universal logo and a ksp 2 beta photo, its quite easy to see the differences,

5 hours ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

I'm actually annoyed by people comparing KSP2 with heavily modded KSP. 

Maybe they're trying to say something - but there is so much wrong with the comparison I don't even know where to start 

It's the expectation that a new game released in 2023 for new game pricing by a professional development team should look like it. If some modders can hack together code for a decade old game and make it look better than the new hotness... that is... ...unfortunate...

It's a perfectly valid gripe. You shouldn't have to take a step down graphically to play a newly released game just to satisfy the 750ti crowd.

2 hours ago, TLTay said:

It's the expectation that a new game released in 2023 for new game pricing by a professional development team should look like it. If some modders can hack together code for a decade old game and make it look better than the new hotness... that is... ...unfortunate...

I don't see any KSP 1 screenshots that look better than KSP 2. Blackrack's clouds would clash against the super-cartoonish almost cel shaded Kerbals, even Restock doesn't manage to fully fix Squad's borked art direction, and no-one seems to have fixed that thing you occasionally get where terrain textures become super stretched if you fly far away to the outer Kerbol system. KSP 1 looks exactly like what you described, an attempt at hacking something together from a 10yr/o game that's greater than the sum of its parts. KSP 1 modded really doesn't look better than the new hotness, not even close really.