KSP2 Sneakpeeks

Dakota

On 1/27/2023 at 6:25 AM, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

I'm actually annoyed by people comparing KSP2 with heavily modded KSP. 

Maybe they're trying to say something - but there is so much wrong with the comparison I don't even know where to start 

Yeah, for starters KSP 2 will run much better than heavily modded KSP.

Edited by AtomicTech

28 minutes ago, Ahres said:

Wow. Now that's an explosion. That quite literally dwarves any explosion in KSP1.

And, awesomely no two explosions will be the same! 

1 hour ago, PD_Dakota said:

kerbonoooooo.png

Those clouds look pretty good to me! 

(Might have to revert to launch or VAB

Edited by JoeSchmuckatelli

4 hours ago, PD_Dakota said:

kerbonoooooo.png

Can't be sure with just a picture, but it looks like it's an explosion that is actually exploding ! The tank looks like it's being propelled by a breach on fire, and there's spaceship parts being launched in all directions. Having  explosions that actually explode, and start cascading failures can be a real game changer
Need to see more explosions

2 hours ago, Book said:

Can't be sure with just a picture, but it looks like it's an explosion that is actually exploding ! The tank looks like it's being propelled by a breach on fire, and there's spaceship parts being launched in all directions. Having  explosions that actually explode, and start cascading failures can be a real game changer
Need to see more explosions

The goal is for each explosion to be its own special snowflake based on how, where, and why the vehicle failed — or, for some of us, how the vehicle succeeded

Edited by JoeSchmuckatelli

3 minutes ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

The goal is for each explosion to be its own special snowflake based on how, where, and why the vehicle failed

This will make my obligatory "space junk deorbiter" craft even more exciting after pushing things out of orbit!

1 hour ago, Quodios Kerman said:

I think those two spherical storages are from exploded vehicle, not from the launch pad, right? It is pretty big, compared to other debris. So excited!

Yes, it looks like someone tried to ground launch with some Spherical fuel tanks, which are usually supposed to just stay in space :P That much fuel will give you a majestic explosion though.

5 hours ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

The goal is for each explosion to be its own special snowflake based on how, where, and why the vehicle failed — or, for some of us, how the vehicle succeeded

Yes but that was only about the visual aspect, what I was saying is that it seems like explosions are going from being purely a visual feature when your parts are destroyed to being an actual gameplay mechanic.

Which would also help making explosions unique, nothing is less the same every time than a chain reaction of systems destroying each other violently

6 minutes ago, TLTay said:

Distant looks good. I will use this as an excuse to once again beg for a parallax-style ground implementation to hide the flatness up close.

Don't need the ground cluttered with intraversable boulders, and definitely don't need them to not have collisions because phasing through rocks breaks immersion even more than not seeing any. Besides, your boulder field may be just somewhere else.