KSP2 Sneakpeeks

Dakota

Man, I was just landing probes on Minmus yesterday, so this view is absolutely night and day for me. I don't play with any graphics mods for stability/performance reasons, so it really makes me excited. Whole reason I started this save was to tide me over, and have a fresh comparison point. And what a comparison this is.

8 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

D6S1HW8.jpg

No idea why they are posting this screenshot. It looks exactly like KSP1 without mods. You can only tell by the sun flare, the skybox and the spacesuit that it's not the original KSP...

Nah, the detailing with the shadows on the terrain looks a lot better in this than in ksp1. Someone in another thread posted a similarity staged screenshot on minmus in ksp1 and while they do both look a bit barren imo, there's definite core improvements made

12 minutes ago, KnutG said:

No idea why they are posting this screenshot. It looks exactly like KSP1 without mods. You can only tell by the sun flare, the skybox and the spacesuit that it's not the original KSP...

Please show me one picture from Minmus that isn't flat ground or flat slope. I dare you. To make it easier, show me one picture from any body in KSP1 that has this kind of terrain.

43 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

Please show me one picture from Minmus that isn't flat ground or flat slope. I dare you. To make it easier, show me one picture from any body in KSP1 that has this kind of terrain.

Incoming heavily modded KSP and bespoke unity images, duck! 

1 hour ago, KnutG said:

The terrain looks nothing like modded KSP 1? The improvements are apparent in how the hills in the distance look.

On 2/8/2023 at 9:05 PM, PD_Dakota said:

D6S1HW8.jpg

Is it high resolution, new screenshot and new build? The screenshot looks so perfect, like it's not KSP2, but at least KSP12! Please nerf it, otherwise my 3070 won't be able to work!

You can see a noticeable progress compared to the pre-alpha, right, guys?

5E3YAGi.png

You can see their little green faces in flight view:D

<squees quietly>

Ahem.

Anyway, I dunno whether this may have been observed elsewhere before, but some things I note here:

• I like the sun reflection off the water.  The shader makes it look "wavy".  Substantial improvement over KSP1.
  • The clouds are casting shadows on the surface.  Yay!  \o/

8 minutes ago, Snark said:
  • I like the sun reflection off the water.  The shader makes it look "wavy".  Substantial improvement over KSP1.
  • The clouds are casting shadows on the surface.  Yay!  \o/

The clouds also don't have the height-based transparency artefact they had before, so for me, I am 100% content with these clouds. Well above anything we've seen before.