What is the day that is most efficient to each planet in ksp?

@Dunas Only Moon I recommend you get familiar with any one of the transfer planner mods out there. There's more to getting a good transfer than the day you launch, and it would be too much trouble for anyone to go out of their way to create a table of optimal launch days from Kerbin to everywhere. There are also the matters of where you are in your orbit of Kerbin, your vacuum TWR (or rather, the burn time) and the dV you're able to spend. Astrogator, MechJeb, Kerbal Alarm Clock and Transfer Window Planner are a few transfer planner mods. There is the stock alarm clock too but I'm sure that's all there is to it, an alarm clock.

There is no single "best day", as orbits are endlessly repeating, and thus transfer windows between orbits are, too. When the origin and destination orbits are inclined relative to each other, and/or eccentricity comes into play, not all transfer winows are equal; some will be worse, and some will be better. But let enough time pass, and a good one will come around again.

I wrote something about the nature and frequency of transfer windows in the past that may help you understand it better. But if that didn't help, feel free to ask what exactly you find confusing, and we'll try to clear it up. :) 

On 1/27/2023 at 9:49 AM, king of nowhere said:

http://alexmoon.github.io/ksp/

this is the best tool I know to figure out the transfer windows.

I am not on pc. ps4 

On 1/28/2023 at 4:51 AM, Streetwind said:

There is no single "best day", as orbits are endlessly repeating, and thus transfer windows between orbits are, too. When the origin and destination orbits are inclined relative to each other, and/or eccentricity comes into play, not all transfer winows are equal; some will be worse, and some will be better. But let enough time pass, and a good one will come around again.

I wrote something about the nature and frequency of transfer windows in the past that may help you understand it better. But if that didn't help, feel free to ask what exactly you find confusing, and we'll try to clear it up. :) 

I'm wondering from day 1 to year 3. as i am on  ps4, i cannot use warpclock. soo.... yea.

10 minutes ago, Dunas Only Moon said:

I am not on pc. ps4

my condolences.

but alexmoon still works. you can open it from your mobile phone, it still works and the information you have to input is simple enough.

It's really your best option - dare I say, the only one. If you are on console, you also probably can't install mods. And then there really is nothing better than "just eyeball it".

Mind you, eyeballing can be done. I've done my whole rss grand tour eyeballing transfers. When the external planet is one-fourth to one-third of a circumference in front of the inner planet, that's when you can have a transfer window - though by eyeballing you won't get the very best trajectory, but good enough. But I wouldn't recommend eyeballing unless you're already very experienced.

2 hours ago, king of nowhere said:

my condolences.

but alexmoon still works. you can open it from your mobile phone, it still works and the information you have to input is simple enough.

It's really your best option - dare I say, the only one. If you are on console, you also probably can't install mods. And then there really is nothing better than "just eyeball it".

Mind you, eyeballing can be done. I've done my whole rss grand tour eyeballing transfers. When the external planet is one-fourth to one-third of a circumference in front of the inner planet, that's when you can have a transfer window - though by eyeballing you won't get the very best trajectory, but good enough. But I wouldn't recommend eyeballing unless you're already very experienced.

Oh ok, also, just got to eeloo in carrer mode, yay!

16 hours ago, king of nowhere said:

my condolences.

13 hours ago, Dunas Only Moon said:

Oh ok, also, just got to eeloo in carrer mode, yay!

Uhm... it seems that it is not on google play. what is its name if it is something else?

On 1/30/2023 at 11:19 AM, king of nowhere said:

it is not on google play. it is not a app or addon or anything. you don't have to download. it's just an internet page.

http://alexmoon.github.io/ksp/

click on the link and see for yourself.

Ok thanks. does not help TOO much but helps a bit for the days, thanks

30 minutes ago, Dunas Only Moon said:

Ok thanks. does not help TOO much but helps a bit for the days, thanks

that is literally THE go-to place for transfer windows. been for ages, too. Has all the info you'd need. I think it covers your initial question perfectly. What else are you looking for exactly?

20 hours ago, Dafni said:

that is literally THE go-to place for transfer windows. been for ages, too. Has all the info you'd need. I think it covers your initial question perfectly. What else are you looking for exactly?

does not help, please someone give me the list for the day's of transfers.

3 hours ago, Dunas Only Moon said:

does not help, please someone give me the list for the day's of transfers.

Brother, here you go. Was one of the top hits of the google search "list transfer window days kerbal"

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fSr2UUYdcWf1ioJmYdF8a-qo0lA_ujC9kKfS1m5Q--E/edit#gid=0

6 hours ago, king of nowhere said:

well, it would give you the exact data for the transfer too, but I myself cannot make sense of all those numbers.

maybe the above link helps you more?? the angles you can find by fiddling around with your maneuver node.

Edited by Dafni

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/2/2023 at 2:32 PM, Dafni said:

Brother, here you go. Was one of the top hits of the google search "list transfer window days kerbal"

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fSr2UUYdcWf1ioJmYdF8a-qo0lA_ujC9kKfS1m5Q--E/edit#gid=0

maybe the above link helps you more?? the angles you can find by fiddling around with your maneuver node.

Ok thanks it helped!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.