These are not pointy, they are fluffy

On 2/3/2023 at 11:20 PM, shdwlrd said:

16198980279_7422ab7136_b.jpg

Again, not pointy, and in no way resembling:

Uhafg3k.jpeg

On 2/4/2023 at 9:48 AM, Stephensan said:

also, i just realize something

the clouds are lava lamps,

Perhaps the bottom half of a lava lamp after a big bubble disconnects. I <3 lava lamps btw.

On 2/4/2023 at 2:11 PM, The Aziz said:

ezgif-1-1fdac21230.gif

Would you prefer this argument being spread out and polluting the other topics on the forum more or condensed here?

10 hours ago, The Aziz said:

Also, first I hear complaints about flat bottoms, now that upclose picture reveals they're not flat, it also is a problem. Make up your mind.

Cumulous clouds have flat bottoms if they intersect the lifted condensation level, a boundary where the air is cold enough to increase the relative humidity in the region to 100% for moist air crossing it. The problem isn't clouds having flat bottoms, it is that all the clouds have bottoms wider than their tops, like mountains and hills, not clouds. It really mischaracterizes and limits what clouds can be.

6oebi89fpop71.jpg

Also, as Vl3d mentions,

10 hours ago, Vl3d said:

All clouds have a transparency plane applied progressively towards the bottom and it makes them look flat.. like they're a height map layer. The top part looks good on some clouds and it's not always excessively transparent. But some of them also look like mountains. It's obvious to see.

Edited by mcwaffles2003

5 minutes ago, raptor30 said:

clouds_or_klouds.png

@Vl3d what do you say about these?

Can't say anything bad about them. The area in the image below the rocket looks especially good, seems to have some layering. Hope for more cloud types / formation diversity. The craft looks incredibly good.

1 minute ago, Vl3d said:

Can't say anything bad about them. The area in the image below the rocket looks especially good, seems to have some layering. Hope for more cloud types / formation diversity. The craft looks incredibly good.

come on they look pretty good I say, they are volumetric plus shadows :D 

so far have changed alot

1.20_Discord_1.thumb.png.6c6f7abdb2c1f38

clouds_or_klouds.png

there is no way to NOT see a difference right here, good progression.. love to see more, but im content if its like this right off the bat, its a start difference enough to see that they are clouds.

as what 

19 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

said, pretty much on par aswell with what he says.

50 minutes ago, Stephensan said:

there is no way to NOT see a difference right here, good progression..

I'm not convinced that there's a difference between the two in how clouds are rendered, just a difference in density. Like, sometimes the sky has fewer clouds, and sometimes the clouds are thick.

30 minutes ago, whatsEJstandfor said:

I'm not convinced that there's a difference between the two in how clouds are rendered, just a difference in density. Like, sometimes the sky has fewer clouds, and sometimes the clouds are thick.

It looks like they've added more layers to the noise, can't tell if it is volumetric yet or better height map from that perspective but overall the new image is a definite improvement over what they've shown the past few times. Still think they've been sandbagging, can't wait to be blown away :) 

21 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

KSP has had this part since nearly its inception.

Yeah but that particular tank has been revamped years ago. From this

RCSAdded.0.21.1.png

to this

FL-R5_Yellow.png

And I honestly hope Intercept keeps the old design because even with color coding, the part would stand out as RCS tank. It would be hard to tell if it looked exactly like every other cylinder in the middle of the stack.

Just now, The Aziz said:

Yeah but that particular tank has been revamped years ago. From this

RCSAdded.0.21.1.png

to this

FL-R5_Yellow.png

And I honestly hope Intercept keeps the old design because even with color coding, the part would stand out as RCS tank. It would be hard to tell if it looked exactly like every other cylinder in the middle of the stack.

Yep, well aware. Still, I find it hard to identify the "mystery" part as anything but an RCS tank. The part revamps still feel very recent.

It was 1.4 update. There's plenty of players who joined the party after that date, for them the tank always looked like today.

And, to me, the old one was more familiar, I was confused looking at the wiki and not seeing it. Only deep research showed me that these two are the same part.

Edited by The Aziz

6 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

Yep, well aware. Still, I find it hard to identify the "mystery" part as anything but an RCS tank. The part revamps still feel very recent.

same object but slightly higher textures, bump map, and the game being new overall. it gives it more depth with the color aswell.

however it doesn't seem that its a new model, you can very easily see the polygons. no need to really zoom 

Just now, Stephensan said:

however it doesn't seem that its a new model, you can very easily see the polygons. no need to really zoom 

Breaking news, polygons aren't exclusive to KSP 1 and nearly every game save for graphics tech demos will go for models with visible polygons rather than ultra detailed models that grind your system to a halt :D

Just now, Stephensan said:

Well admittedly it does have lower poly count than the rest of the rocket, no doubt here. We'll see what launches in two weeks.

5 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

Breaking news, polygons aren't exclusive to KSP 1 and nearly every game save for graphics tech demos will go for models with visible polygons rather than ultra detailed models that grind your system to a halt :D

But look at other parts. Every other circle appears to have at least twice the amount of vertices. I guess they could've afford that considering it's not 2011 anymore and GPUs can handle a bit more detailed models. So that RCS tank looks old.