[WIP] O.R.A.N.G.E.S - Stockalike Shuttle-Derived Launch Vehicles! (v1.0.0-beta-2 6/Feb/2023)

EStreetRockets

a8rEfZY.png

Optimized Rocketry ANd General Exploration Systems
(Many thanks to @benjee10 for the name)

v1.0.0-beta-2 (6 February 2023)
Stockalike SDLVs for KSP

This mod adds parts you can use to create replicas of all sorts of Shuttle-Derived vehicles by myself  (@EStreetRockets) and @Invaderchaos. It is balanced like other stockalike mods such as BDB and Tantares, for a ~2.5x solar system. In the future we hope to add many more concepts!

DOWNLOADS
Github

DEVELOPMENT
BUG REPORTS
WIKI

Dependencies (included in download, check for latest versions!):

Installation:

Merge the GameData folder in the release .ZIP with the GameData folder in your KSP installation.
All of the dependencies come included with the mod.
The "ORANGES" folder, as well all dependencies, should appear alongside the "Squad" folder and any other mods.

Recommended Mods:

The following mods are strongly recommended for an enhanced gameplay experience:

• Shuttle Orbiter Construction Kit (1.1.8) - Adds a fantastic Stockalike Space Shuttle Orbiter that fits with our External Tank!
  • CryoTanks (1.6.3) - This provides a set of patches provide fuel-switching features for the basic LF/O tanks as well as fuel tanks designed to contain cryogenic fuels.
  • Waterfall (0.9.0) - A cool way to create and drive engine effects more effectively. If you want cool engine plumes, get this mod.
  • Bluedog Design Bureau - A gigantic parts mod for creating stockalike replicas of Saturn, Apollo, Atlas V, Delta IV, and many more vehicles.

Licensing:

Spoiler

88x31.png

ORANGES by EStreetrockets and Invaderchaos is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
We encourage you to make modifications to the content included in this mod and release it as your own, on the condition that we are credited where appropriate and are linked to the fork.
All source files for the mod, including uncompiled textures and models, are available upon request.

Edited by EStreetRockets

10 hours ago, EStreetRockets said:

a8rEfZY.png

Stockalike SDLVs for KSP

This mod adds parts you can use to create replicas of all sorts of Shuttle-Derived vehicles by myself  (@EStreetRockets) and @Invaderchaos. It is balanced like other stockalike mods such as BDB and Tantares, for a ~2.5x solar system. In the future we hope to add many more concepts!

DOWNLOADS
Github

DEVELOPMENT
BUG REPORTS
WIKI

Installation:

Merge the GameData folder in the release .ZIP with the GameData folder in your KSP installation.
The "ORANGES" folder, as well all dependencies, should appear alongside the "Squad" folder and any other mods.

Recommended Mods:

The following mods are strongly recommended for an enhanced gameplay experience:

• Shuttle Orbiter Construction Kit (1.1.8) - Adds a fantastic Stockalike Space Shuttle Orbiter that fits with our External Tank!
  • CryoTanks (1.6.3) - This provides a set of patches provide fuel-switching features for the basic LF/O tanks as well as fuel tanks designed to contain cryogenic fuels.
  • Waterfall (0.9.0) - A cool way to create and drive engine effects more effectively. If you want cool engine plumes, get this mod.
  • Bluedog Design Bureau - A gigantic parts mod for creating stockalike replicas of Saturn, Apollo, Atlas V, Delta IV, and many more vehicles.

Licensing:

Reveal hidden contents

88x31.png

ORANGES by EStreetrockets and Invaderchaos is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
We encourage you to make modifications to the content included in this mod and release it as your own, on the condition that we am credited where appropriate and are linked to the fork.
All source files for the mod, including uncompiled textures and models, are available upon request.

Were you aware there was another mod called ORANGE (Oh Really, Another Name Generating Endeavour)?

Just to reiterate, we still got a lot planned for our first release. There’s a few things I’m currently working on. 

For the ET, I plan to add two more ET-derived tanks, an ET with an inline top and sts bottom, and an ET with an sts top and inline bottom. I also plan to add a bottom straight adapter with compatible raceway to make the ET compatible with generic mounts, an SLS-based engine mount derived from Benjee’s Artemis Construction Kit mod, and a delta blue tank paint job. 

I’m also doing some stuff with Photon Corp’s SRBs. Right now I’m working on some fixes, like general texture cleanup/compression reduction, adding emissive to the nozzles, and adding a switch for the avionics stripe. I also am working on parts for Athena III, a proposal that combines a 2.5 segment RSRM with the upper stages of Athena II. Fairing base is a placeholder in this image:

screenshot988.png

Beyond that I’m also working on some parts for SRB-X, Heimdall (SRB-X from Boldly Going), ASRM, and Ares I. These parts are a little more far out but stay tuned!

14 hours ago, EStreetRockets said:

a8rEfZY.png

Stockalike SDLVs for KSP

DOWNLOADS
Github

DEVELOPMENT
BUG REPORTS
WIKI

Installation:

Recommended Mods:

Licensing:

Hide contents

88x31.png

We encourage you to make modifications to the content included in this mod and release it as your own, on the condition that we am credited where appropriate and are linked to the fork.

Looking awesome!

21 minutes ago, Catto said:

the chinese offbrand would be "M.a.n.d.a.r.i.n.s"

"Mobile Aerodynamic Non-Destructive Awesome Rocket Innovated (Not Stupid)"

I am terrible with acronyms

Pal, that's a killer acronym

Edited by AtomicTech

This is coming together great! I'm already using this to abuse my powers.
52676023774_eca96d8908_o.png
I encourage you to dissect this thing. There are three major rocket families represented in this picture. I'm open to your guesses.

Only bug I've come across is a warning relating to B9 parts switch on the ET Inline, but it doesn't seem to cause any noticeable problems. I'll keep y'all posted.

BTW the payload capacity for the thing above is at least 172 tons to LKO.

Edited by Blufor878