[WIP] O.R.A.N.G.E.S - Stockalike Shuttle-Derived Launch Vehicles! (v1.0.0-beta-2 6/Feb/2023)

EStreetRockets

14 minutes ago, Ultim32 said:

I do like Project EOC's shuttle, but EOC's shuttle doesn't line up with the forward strut on the bipod.

Fair point. I always just use a stock ksp strut on the front end. 

2 hours ago, Blufor878 said:

I HAVE JOINED THE LRB CLUB!
52761437605_ff2b051083_o.png

Where did you get the engine cluster part from? 

Also, I found that the shuttle has very poor pitch control with LRBs causing it to pitch downward faster than it should. If you had this problem, I found a solution, put all the elevons to max authority. 

21 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Where did you get the engine cluster part from? 

Also, I found that the shuttle has very poor pitch control with LRBs causing it to pitch downward faster than it should. If you had this problem, I found a solution, put all the elevons to max authority. 

The engines are Rocket Motor Menagerie and the mount is actually restock. There's a sort of boattail option that comes with the engine plates.
Oddly enough I have the opposite issue with pitch. I find I actually have to force the pitch manually, otherwise it won't do the gravity turn.

12 minutes ago, Blufor878 said:

The engines are Rocket Motor Menagerie and the mount is actually restock. There's a sort of boattail option that comes with the engine plates.
Oddly enough I have the opposite issue with pitch. I find I actually have to force the pitch manually, otherwise it won't do the gravity turn.

Ah, just using the regular engine plate? 

What are you settings in MJ?

12 hours ago, GoldForest said:

I'm guessing you use Gravity Turn instead? 

Yup. I've tried Mechjeb before, but it wasn't my cup of tea. On that note though I'm giving FMRS a spin and it's fun being able to reuse your first stage without sacrificing your crew-I mean payload...

Hey, I'm really curious because I've wanted to make an EELV myself, where do the engine housing in this picture come from?
Fq-9JdNXgAAwlVG?format=jpg&name=large
Disregard this if it isn't yours, I tried seeing who posted it on Twitter but it just leads to the top of the page.

I appreciate any tips either way. I'm on a bit of a SDLV kick right now...

1 hour ago, Blufor878 said:

Hey, I'm really curious because I've wanted to make an EELV myself, where do the engine housing in this picture come from?
Fq-9JdNXgAAwlVG?format=jpg&name=large
Disregard this if it isn't yours, I tried seeing who posted it on Twitter but it just leads to the top of the page.

I appreciate any tips either way. I'm on a bit of a SDLV kick right now...

That kinda looks like the small Orion fuel tank from Artemis Construction Kit with a Restock engine plate with BDB's Saturn parachutes added to it.

I could be wrong, but im almost certain about it

Edit: There also seems to be a Restock heatshield and a decoupler attached to it, probably for recovery

Edited by Davi SDF
something something

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...