Poll: When are you going to buy KSP2

GigFiz

When are you going to get KSP2?  

276 members have voted

1. 1. The long awaited day is nearly upon us. So tell us...what will you do?

• Day one, no question
    • Buying day one, but might wait to play it
    • Waiting for 1.0. Not interested in early access, or I want it to be the complete and polished experience when I play for the first time
    • Wait and see, depending on reviews and forum feedback
    • I don't want to deal with lots of bugs and performance issues; it will depend on stability and optimization
    • I'm really interested in a specific spot in the roadmap, and will start when that is reached
    • Waiting to see if I can run it
    • It will depend on the amount of spare time and/or money I have available

So as we close in on the release date for EA, I have been debating whether to start playing on EA day one. After all the anticipation day one is my first instinct, but I also don't want to burn myself by the time it hits 1.0.

I am also waiting for them to release system requirements, since my once mighty laptop is now kind of a withered potato in need of an upgrade, which will happen soonTM, but waiting for the right deal and specs.

So, I thought we might all be interested in the overall sentiment around these parts

As much as I've been a little unsure about the way things have been going, I'm probably going to hop right on the train as soon as it comes out to be a part of it from the get-go. I'm excited :cool:

On 2/9/2023 at 4:00 PM, Bej Kerman said:

Precisely why I'm using KSP 2 instead of the former :cool:

Ba-dum tsss

They'll be here all night ladies and gentlemen.

But you ain't wrong either

Edited by GigFiz
There's a he?

In NZ it won't be released until the 25th apparently... and I'm going to be busy that day and away from my computer for another week.

So we'll see what happens.

I also need to know what specs are required as my trusty 8 year old might not cope anymore.

My plan is to wait until 1.0, or at least until the beta is stable.  However I imagine everyone that knows me fairly well is assuming that's a lie and I'll be buying it on day zero.

They're probably right.

I'm certainly going to buy it the hour it releases, but I still don't know for sure that my old-ish laptop will run it.  Min specs and graphics tweakability are still big factors for me.  I'll be more than happy to play it at low settings and upgrade later.

Buying day one (as soon as I get home from class anyway, can't skip any unfortunately), so I'll have some time to see how the Steam reviews stack up. While I would hate to see it, I'm expecting mixed reviews (about 70% positive) due to unforeseen bugs and whatnot. We'll have to see though.

2 hours ago, GigFiz said:

After all the anticipation day one is my first instinct, but I also don't want to burn myself by the time it hits 1.0.

This a very valid point, but hopefully the several big content updates will keep gameplay new and interesting until 1.0.  Then who knows where development will go.  I hope that after the science update save files will transfer through the updates, so that I can play progressively through them.

I have no interest in a sandbox mode with missing features, so definitely not day 1.  On the other hand, I also have no interest in multiplayer, so I'll probably get it after the important features are finished but before 1.0.  I just hope I can keep up with reviews and feedback while avoiding spoilers for things I'd rather discover for myself.

Definitely on the 24th, although knowing life it will unlock in the late afternoon CET time and will be downloading for a bit. Then again kids will probably fall asleep just before the download finishes.

When I finish my current KSP play-through.  Started January 2018 (v1.3) and now (v1.11.2) projecting to get the basics of system colonization done by mid-2028.

Or when everyone else gives the all-clear signal: whichever comes later...

"Space is not only hard, but time-consuming"

Edited by Hotel26

I adore KSP and of course super excited for KSP2. 
 I will however hold off buying it day one as the price is unacceptable for an early access game. I will wait to see how the part performance is and if the devs actually include the features it should have had at launch. I know I will be waiting more than a year to play it but it gives me time to save for a new PC. ☺️