Habitable Gilly (1.12.x)

Sushut

Have you ever wanted to worry about the consequences of jumping just a bit too high?

Well here's your answer!

52690080720_88b98103ef_b.jpg

This mod does one thing: make Gilly habitable!

DEPENDENCIES:

Kopernicus

Niako's Kopernicus Utilities (included in the mod)

SUPPORTED MODS:

Environmental Visual Ehancements

Scatterer

The game had a real bad time when I tried putting the KSC on gilly, so no homeswitch for now.

Licensed under the MIT License

DOWNLOADS:

[snip]

Edited by Sushut
added license because i forgor

On 2/15/2023 at 2:20 AM, Sushut said:

The game had a real bad time when I tried putting the KSC on gilly, so no homeswitch for now.

I guess that you could create a planet called "KerbinBis" (internal name, not display name), that uses the Kerbin template (without removing anything from it, so no PQS removed etc.), and then give it the orbit of Kerbin. Then name the habitable Gilly "Kerbin" (internal name, not display name) (not sure whether the first letter is uppercase or not) and you will be able to place the KSC on it.

That's just a guess, I'm not a Kopernicus pro :)

22 hours ago, Sky Kerman said:

Is there science descriptions?

Nah, this mod is a joke, and i didn't want to spend too much time anyway.

16 hours ago, Nazalassa said:

I guess that you could create a planet called "KerbinBis" (internal name, not display name), that uses the Kerbin template (without removing anything from it, so no PQS removed etc.), and then give it the orbit of Kerbin. Then name the habitable Gilly "Kerbin" (internal name, not display name) (not sure whether the first letter is uppercase or not) and you will be able to place the KSC on it.

That's just a guess, I'm not a Kopernicus pro :)

That's... how i did it...

I'm sure there's a way, but I'm not planning on an update soon.

2 hours ago, rex industries said:

Is this mod view worth installing with my all other mods

depends what mods you have,

do you have any mods that do anything to gilly (edit it, give it particle effects, etc...)

if not then you should be fine running the mod with others...

On 2/17/2023 at 7:37 PM, Sushut said:

Nah, this mod is a joke, and i didn't want to spend too much time anyway.

Joke or not, it still needs to comply with our forum Mod Posting rules. You need to include a license here on the OP, the download site, and the full text of the license in the download package.   Thank you. 

6 hours ago, Gargamel said:

Joke or not, it still needs to comply with our forum Mod Posting rules. You need to include a license here on the OP, the download site, and the full text of the license in the download package.   Thank you. 

I did a stupid and included a license everywhere but this post, thanks for telling me though!

I added the license above the big text saying "DOWNLOADS."

• 4 months later...

So I finally got around to checking out the new Gilly with this horribly over-designed lander I made for this mission...

On 3/5/2023 at 2:51 AM, herkyuman said:

is it just me or is the water all glitched out with scatterer enabled?

I had the same issue, hopefully it gets fixed.

So I read that the issue with the ocean & scatter is possibly due to wind speed? Apparently the theory is Gilly wind is so fast its causing scatter to go ballistic. I don't know how to fix that though.

• 2 months later...
On 7/20/2023 at 6:41 PM, PicoSpace said:

So I read that the issue with the ocean & scatter is possibly due to wind speed? Apparently the theory is Gilly wind is so fast its causing scatter to go ballistic. I don't know how to fix that though.

The issue seemed to be with the scatterer version included with volumetric eve, I'm working on a revamp for it! (Also, why didn't I get notified about this comment?)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.