Gameplay Trailer + Release Map

Intercept Games

Looking at the UI it seems mostly a pixel graphics style but then there are a few symbols and things that aren't and I would say are a more vector graphic style, it a bit inconsistent.

To give my opinion I don't really like the pixel graphics style and much prefer the cleaner vector graphic style. That being said the whole UI seems much better to use and find parts putting things into subcategories like methalox engines, docking ports, etc. The hype is beyond the Mun!

The animated Kerbals at the beginning look a little like these: 

Spoiler

Kerbal_Squishies_Advertising_Image.jpg?w

I wonder what the main menu will look and sound like. I do hope they keep the original KSP theme in there but possibly remastered. Guess we will find out in exactly 1 week!

2 hours ago, CytauriKerbal said:

I wonder what the main menu will look and sound like. I do hope they keep the original KSP theme in there but possibly remastered. Guess we will find out in exactly 1 week!

I got the same feeling from the trailer that I did from star trek movies, The suggestion of the old theme, but bigger, grander. Like they pulled in a Terry Goldsmith type to redo the score. It tickled the right brain cells.

3 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

... can we talk how this one has over 31 THOUSAND m/s of deltav?

vlcsnap-2023-02-16-19h01m47s609.png

That's enough for a grand tour and back..

This same craft shows up near Gilly later in the trailer:

4cxzZai.png

Looks like it has a bunch of xenon tanks and a frankly ridiculous number of ion engines, which probably explains that dV figure.

5 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

This same craft shows up near Gilly later in the trailer:

4cxzZai.png

Looks like it has a bunch of xenon tanks and a frankly ridiculous number of ion engines, which probably explains that dV figure.

Does this craft accelerate sideways, relative to the direction you’d expect, at least?

5 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Yes. It's designed to allow artifical gravity while also being able to thrust. 

Did not think about that, just saw the long boom as an way to keep crew away from reactor and keep things balanced around center of trust. 
Any cargo such as landers should be on top of the forward fuel tank array. 
If not for the artifical gravity you could put the engines in any end. 

8 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

I was about to say that using ion in a ship this large would be a chore, taking ages to maneuver

But then I realized there's acceleration under timewarp.

Yes, it also has a lot of ion engines, now I say we should have some larger like 1.25 meter at least. 

25 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Yes. It's designed to allow artifical gravity while also being able to thrust. 

So persistent rotation is confirmed?

Also how do you get this into space? We see the same issue with the giant circular tanks, do you construct it in orbit or launch it on a massive rocket?

Just now, Minmus Taster said:

Also how do you get this into space? We see the same issue with the giant circular tanks, do you construct it in orbit or launch it on a massive rocket?

Orbital construction won't come until the Colonies update.

Persistent rotation, not confirmed. It's just a spinning craft. We don't even know if it was in time warp or not.

As for how we get in into space. I think we either launch it or cheat it. Or a third option: Intercept was kind enough to give us a spawn point in orbit around Kerbin. Not a orbital construction yard, just a spawn point. 

Just now, Minmus Taster said:

I meant you launch multiple craft into orbit and dock them to form a single craft.

Ah, apologizes. I don't think that's what happened. There's no docking ports on the spacecraft. None I can see/make out. But you could definitely launch and construct in orbit. 

Just now, GoldForest said:

Persistent rotation, not confirmed. It's just a spinning craft. We don't even know if it was in time warp or not.

As for how we get in into space. I think we either launch it or cheat it. Or a third option: Intercept was kind enough to give us a spawn point in orbit around Kerbin. Not a orbital construction yard, just a spawn point. 

I'm pretty sure persistent rotation is confirmed, you can not warp to stop rotation. Don't see docking ports on the reactor side. 
My guess is that it was cheated into orbit, its definitely something you could launch in two pieces. 

Now my idea of forward cargo might run into an problem. 
You seen the weird video from space there you spin something T chapped around the I and it suddenly flip over, Well same with be true for this ship. 

27 minutes ago, Minmus Taster said:

25 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

17 minutes ago, magnemoe said:

I'm pretty sure persistent rotation is confirmed, you can not warp to stop rotation.

Yeah, persistent rotation was confirmed very shortly after the announcement in 2019.

42 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

But the screenshot came from a beta capture. The story that Intercept has been feeding us is they don't want to introduce these features until feedback on earlier releases has been incorporated, but that doesn't mean they don't exist — just not included in the first EA release.

Of course. "cheated into orbit" is by far the simpler and more likely explanation. Just like half the satellites in repair contracts seem to miss attachment points for launches.