How to Submit Feedback

• KSP Team

Feedback thumbnail.png

Hello Kerbonauts!

As we approach the Early Access launch of KSP2, we want to take a little bit of time to tell you about how to give us feedback, and the types of feedback we are looking for throughout the course of Early Access.

How can I give feedback on Kerbal Space Program 2 while it’s in Early Access?

Kerbal Space Program has many places where you can provide us feedback on your experiences with the game. The Kerbal Community Team will regularly be reading and sharing player feedback heard among the Kerbal community channels with Intercept Games.

In the game’s launcher, which can be accessed through the Steam and Epic versions, there will be a permanent feedback button where you can share your feedback on any topic. Periodically there will be topic-specific surveys from the team, which will help us concentrate feedback and ensure no one's feedback is missed.

What is considered feedback? What feedback are you looking for?

Early Access is about learning and improving, and our intent is to do that hand-in-hand with our community of players. While we build on the foundations of Kerbal Space Program 2, your experiences, both good and bad, will be invaluable in how we make the game even better – and that’s what we want to know from you all throughout Early Access.

We absolutely want to hear about what you enjoy, don’t enjoy, could be better, or tweaked. We also want to hear about any bugs you encounter throughout gameplay.

Anything more urgent such as crashes, freezes, or other game-breaking issues, please contact Private Division Customer Support. Our support agents will work to assist you while collecting as much information as possible, as fixing these are the highest priority for our development team throughout Early Access.

How can I give feedback on Kerbal Space Program 2 in the Game’s Launcher?

When you launch the game through Steam or the Epic Games Store, a launcher will first appear. This is where you can start the game or find the latest news, patch notes, and community highlights. On this launcher, there are two ways to give feedback on your game experience to the development team:

Send Feedback Button: This button lives permanently in the launcher and can be accessed anytime. If you come across anything in the game you like, dislike, or think could be improved you can give feedback on it through this.

Active Survey: If there is a feedback survey currently live, you will see a button on the game page (in the launcher) allowing you to give your feedback. These surveys will be time-limited and topic-specific. For example, one may be activated once a new content update is released, or if we want to deep-dive on certain areas or features of the game.

If I didn’t buy the game via Steam or Epic, how do I give feedback?

For the surveys accessed through the Steam and Epic launchers, they will be made available through the Kerbal Space Program website on February 24th

What language(s) are you collecting feedback in?

Currently we are only supporting responses through the Send Feedback Button or Active Surveys in English.

We cannot wait to share Kerbal Space Program 2 with our community and look forward to hearing what you all have to say about it!

Happy Launching!

-Intercept Games

Hey there, I dare to share one global "feedback" based on a survey, it's quite comprehensive and has a lot to benefit from !

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/212165-121-participants-and-50-features-to-be-selected-in-this-french-community-survey-about-what-are-the-most-anticipated-features-of-ksp2/

Edited by Dakitess

8 hours ago, Nazalassa said:

What if we get KSP2 from the KSP website (kerbalspaceprogram.com)? Can we give feedback then?

On 2/15/2023 at 5:21 PM, Intercept Games said:

If I didn’t buy the game via Steam or Epic, how do I give feedback?

For the surveys accessed through the Steam and Epic launchers, they will be made available through the Kerbal Space Program website on February 24th

On 2/15/2023 at 5:21 PM, Intercept Games said:

Anything more urgent such as crashes, freezes, or other game-breaking issues, please contact Private Division Customer Support

I'm sure there will be a sections on the forum and discord to send general feedback.

How can I give feedback on Kerbal Space Program 2 while it’s in Early Access?

Kerbal Space Program has many places where you can provide us feedback on your experiences with the game. The Kerbal Community Team will regularly be reading and sharing player feedback heard among the Kerbal community channels with Intercept Games.

In the game’s launcher, which can be accessed through the Steam and Epic versions, there will be a permanent feedback button where you can share your feedback on any topic. Periodically there will be topic-specific surveys from the team, which will help us concentrate feedback and ensure no one's feedback is missed.

This is quite concerning, It sounds like you are saying that if I want to give you feedback I have to buy the game, and submit feed back thru the launcher. You mention vaguely defined " community channels", but only specifically mention feedback thru the launcher.  You came to the suggestions forum, where somebody would presumably give their feedback and ideas to tell people that they should submit their ideas thru the game  That  does seem to suggest that you don't want people giving their feed back here, or that you aren't interested in feedback from here.

I hope that is not the case, but it is a bit of a head scratcher, How should someone go about giving you feedback about why they're not buying the game when the only specific place you mention to give feedback is thru the game? 

3 minutes ago, Tweeker said:

I hope that is not the case, but it is a bit of a head scratcher, How should someone go about giving you feedback about why they're not buying the game when the only specific place you mention to give feedback is thru the game? 

Pretty sure that isn't the feedback they are after. Besides isn't there enough of that right here on the forums, Steam communities? I hope you are joking and not planning on wasting valuable EA channels with your whining. Were I a dev I would not give a hoot about  why someone isn't buying my game, if that complaint is just making my beta a flame war.

13 minutes ago, snkiz said:

Pretty sure that isn't the feedback they are after. Besides isn't there enough of that right here on the forums, Steam communities? I hope you are joking and not planning on wasting valuable EA channels with your whining. Were I a dev I would not give a hoot about  why someone isn't buying my game, if that complaint is just making my beta a flame war.

I am quite serious, Why would you go to the Suggestions form and tell people to submit Suggestions somewhere else?

1 minute ago, Tweeker said:

I am quite serious, Why would you go to the Suggestions form and tell people to submit Suggestions somewhere else?

I think you are missing the point. EA is just a public beta. Those feedback channels are for contributing to the beta. Bug testing, suggesting tweaks breaking the game. You can't do that if you don't own it. No one cares that you aren't buying it because the fuel ratio is 'worng'

Just now, snkiz said:

I think you are missing the point. EA is just a public beta. Those feedback channels are for contributing to the beta. Bug testing, suggesting tweaks breaking the game. You can't do that if you don't own it. No one cares that you aren't buying it because the fuel ratio is 'worng'

If they aren't willing to listen to feedback what's the point in giving it?

One more time. There is a place for that feedback, it's here. But really man it's gonna get old real fast. Why don't you just revisit it closer to launch since you clearly have no interest in beta testing.

Edited by snkiz

7 hours ago, snkiz said:

One more time. There is a place for that feedback, it's here. But really man it's gonna get old real fast. Why don't you just revisit it closer to launch since you clearly have no interest in beta testing.

7 hours ago, snkiz said:

Bit of a mixed message there.

8 hours ago, Tweeker said:

This is quite concerning, It sounds like you are saying that if I want to give you feedback I have to buy the game, and submit feed back thru the launcher. You mention vaguely defined " community channels", but only specifically mention feedback thru the launcher.  You came to the suggestions forum, where somebody would presumably give their feedback and ideas to tell people that they should submit their ideas thru the game  That  does seem to suggest that you don't want people giving their feed back here, or that you aren't interested in feedback from here.

We're still listening and gathering feedback from all channels! And if you have KSP1, then you already have access to the launcher and can submit feedback using the feedback button.  What we wanted was to have an official channel for feedback to come through that the devs can review. We community managers are only human, and sometimes we don't see everything, so if we didn't have an official channel things would get missed.  

The game is very promising, I hope everything that was said will be in the game. And so at the start, developers are advised to do something with optimization on the planets. FPS in the game is stable at 60 frames if you don't see the surface with the camera, as soon as a piece appears in the camera's field of view, FPS drops to 10 frames. How it will be fixed the game will be the best

I like the feedback submission through the launcher. However, when I start the game normally the launcher closes automatically. One method to have the launcher remain open while the game is running is to launch the game through steam which will start the launcher, but do not then play the game from the launcher. Instead, start the game from the executable in the steam directory: Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program 2\KSP2_x64.exe. Now I can submit feedback through the launcher while playing the game.

Please let me know if there's an easier way.

(I tried starting the launcher executable directly but none of the executables in AppData\Local\PD Launcher\ seem to do the trick)

2 hours ago, velraptor said:

I like the feedback submission through the launcher. However, when I start the game normally the launcher closes automatically. One method to have the launcher remain open while the game is running is to launch the game through steam which will start the launcher, but do not then play the game from the launcher. Instead, start the game from the executable in the steam directory: Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program 2\KSP2_x64.exe. Now I can submit feedback through the launcher while playing the game.

Please let me know if there's an easier way.

(I tried starting the launcher executable directly but none of the executables in AppData\Local\PD Launcher\ seem to do the trick)

Thanks for the feedback! Having the launcher stay open tends to affect computer performance, as mentioned by a lot of players when we first implemented it for KSP1. We'll look into the best option for players submit feedback while in game.