How to Submit Feedback

1 hour ago, Ghostii_Space said:

Having the launcher stay open tends to affect computer performance

I would have thought that the launcher is literally just a window with a button that acts as a shortcut to the KSP2 executable. What is it doing that could possibly affect performance? And why does it spawn like 10 processes?*

w2ycpba.png

*These are rhetorical; I know you and Intercept don't have any say in this stuff. I'm just venting; this is all just extraordinarily stupid to me

Edited by whatsEJstandfor

The launcher patcher seems to have other issues, such as, "why is it running from user-writeable space?" It tripped my Software Restriction Policy ruleset alarm.

The Steam installation already grants modify access to the install folder, so that seems like a better place to put this thing.

7 hours ago, Leo Mcguire said:

The only issue I have is I haven't found a way to submit a video of a bug (or multiple bugs). I took a video that showcased several bugs with the game. Nothing malicious of course. I just want to do my part to help the dev team make this game even better.

There's a bug report subforum here that the devs are checking. If you upload the videos to a sharing site (youtube, vimeo, etc) and make a thread in the bug report subforum, you can link the videos in the thread.

16 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

There's a bug report subforum here that the devs are checking. If you upload the videos to a sharing site (youtube, vimeo, etc) and make a thread in the bug report subforum, you can link the videos in the thread.

So we post bugs there or in the Technical Support subforum?

Hi. Is there any plans for improving bug reporting like:
1. During typing title for bug report make another similar titles appear as a hint.
May reduce amount of duplicate bug reports.

2. Allow sort bug reports by upvotes.
May give the view how often bug appears/how painful for ppl that bug.

3. Allow attach logs and player's savings.
May help in investigation of bugs.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2023 at 5:21 PM, Intercept Games said:

If I didn’t buy the game via Steam or Epic, how do I give feedback?

For the surveys accessed through the Steam and Epic launchers, they will be made available through the Kerbal Space Program website on February 24th

But this doesn't answer the question of "How to give feedback if purchased directly?"  (not via Steam or Epic)  It instead mentions that some surveys would be made available.   Having purchased direct I will post my feed back here for now.

Feedback  - (my system specs are at the bottom)

Awesome work Devs !!  Keep at it ,  your work is very much appreciated.   Big Thanks!
Hopefully the rest of my post will be taken as constructive, that is how it is truly intended.
Please let me know if you need any further info.  Especially about the Node Burn graphic.

The Good...

• Great graphics love the feel of the ships.
  • Fantastic Sound Effects, Takeoffs especially!!
    • My son commented on how the tone and the low loud thundering pops reminded him of 4th of july fireworks finale.
  • Being able to choose colors is cool.
  • Wing shape changing is great.
  • Awesome planet textures.
  • Can run with all graphic settings maxed.
  • VAB part selector - having the color coded size icon is a godsend. 
    • Being able to know that the a medium tank will fit to a medium engine before selecting... big thumbs up.
  • In Flight - Nav Ball very cool.  Love the speed and altitude tapes. But that area overall needs a simple but sorely needed tweek... see The Ugly.

The Bad...

• VAB is glitchy - sometimes changes angles or changes focus on its own.
  • VAB move tool - the fat 3D icons look weird - too fat.  Hard to see which one your selecting as it wiggles back and forth.
  • VAB part selector - It takes two click now to see fuel consumption - it used to be just a single right click.
  • In Flight - Vehicle Part Manager - This seems to have replaced the right click option.  But this definitely needs some work.
    • I cannot right click on nothing to make it go away.  Have to move the mouse all the way to the corner x to close.
    • Too large, it takes a few seconds to figure out, what on the manager is for the part I right clicked on.
      • Perhaps minimize everything above and below the section for what item was right clicked about.
  • Crash log comes on too soon. Covers up the crash and the explosions.  Very anti climactic.
  • In Flight - Map View - Impact graphic is not needed and makes it confusing.  Change line color to Red if path would lead to impact.
  • In Flight - Map View - Huge blue circles showing entry and exit from SOI are distracting .... please make these optional.
  • VAB - Up -Down - In - Out slew controls need to be the same as KSP1 or optionally changeable.
    • Not fun having to push the middle button and move the mouse up and up and oops ran out of room... lift the mouse move down to the bottom of the mouse pad, move the mouse up and up again.  oops ran out of room... and so on.

and The Ugly...

• In Flight - Node Burn graphic is awful. (the rectangle in the lower center of screen)  Please, please, please, please, please, bring back the node burn graphic from KSP1. (old one was the green and red arc line at the upper right of the old nav ball showing your burn)   (tweek!!!)
    • Currently it looks like an after thought.  Nealy impossible to tell when to burn, how long to burn etc.   
    • Please please please  'tweek' the new NavBall array... The old node graphic was perfect and can be very easily tucked in and added to the new Nav Ball array.  Would look and function so much better.
    • Current node graphic keeps counting even when you stop the engines.
  • Cannot Undock normally.  So much said about this one already in other chats... just an honorable mention here.
  • VAB - Fairing tool is very poor.  Can no longer rapidly build and shape the fairing with just the mouse movement.
    • Have to select horizontal arrow.  Then Vertical.  Then Horizontal again.  Then Vertical again and so on ..... just maddening.
  • In Flight - Map View - Cannot display AP and PE altitudes while also adjusting a maneuver node.
    • You have to adjust your maneuver node then close the manuever node, then click the AP to see the altitude of the maneuver. Then close the AP altitude and adjust the maneuver node again. and so on and so on.
    • The AP and PE text only was better on KSP1.  Ditch the text background color or at least make it optional.
  • In Flight - prograde retro grade cluster with ship graphic in middle. Ship in middle is not needed and the array is too large.  Go back to smaller cluster of icons, without the ship graphic in the middle as in KSP1.  (tweek!!!)

Mild Disappointments - 

• Landscapes seem to have changed a bit.
    • Im talking about the general layout has changed.
    • The Large Mun craters and seas look very very different.  Like its a different Mun.  Is the huge equatorial valley still there?
  • Kerbin Base totally different.  I was hoping it would appear to be an extension or expansion of the original base. 
    • Runway was on the north of VAB but is now on the south.  Perhaps in full version it will start like the old and then as you "upgrade" the base it moves the runway and fills in the coastal areas with land for the extra launch pads etc etc.

System SPECS - 

Dell XPS 8950
12 Gen i7 12700 2.10 GHz
32 GB DDR5 RAM
512GB NVMe M.2  & 2TB 7200RPM SATA
NVidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti  8GB
Windows 11  Ver 22H2

Edited by DaveLChgo
Spelling errors.

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, prazouille said:

Pourriez-vous refaire les termes « définir l’orbite » et « définir la position » ? Cela me ferait le plus grand bien.

Could you redo the terms "define orbit" and "define position"?  It would do me the greatest good.

Outside the “International” sub forum, all posts must be in English or include an English translation.    Thank you. 

• 6 months later...

As has been mentioned- "in KSP1 you could focus on a part as the center of the POV by right clicking the part and selecting as POV.  Currently in KSP2 there is no means of doing this outside the VAB"

Can you fix this and provided a per part clink and information and not for the whole vessel as the list gets way too long?

• 3 months later...