KSP2 EA Grand Discussion Thread.

James Kerman

6 minutes ago, Tazooka said:

If I remember correctly they've worked with AAA titles like God of War

god of war doesnt really have any noteworthy community activity for what i can tell, and it only has like 150 mods on nexus, dont see how that would translate into a huge and diverse community like ksp

6 minutes ago, Tazooka said:

Trigger warning? What'd I miss?

i am agreeing with you in that they could have chosen better questions

Edited by Fullmetal Analyst

18 minutes ago, LameLefty said:

There have been updates posted every week since release. I expect we’ll get another one late this week. 

i dont know what to make of these posts, they contain no useful information except the patch logs, which is something literally every game puts out, because they kinda have to.
all these posts mostly revolve around nate telling us that the game is being worked on (which should kinda be the obvious thing to do anyways... thx sherlock, i thought you all quit working on ksp2 and moved on to ksp3 or something...)
the rest is just excuses for why they went EA after all (we all know that you basically had no choice, stop the lies) and the usual meaningless copium nate likes to distribute.

im beginning to understand why nates preferred audience seem to be kids, since they lack critical thinking and logics, and happily soak up anything he puts out, his latest interview reflects this pretty well, the annoying adult streamers just have too many pesky questions... :retrograde:

Edited by Fullmetal Analyst

34 minutes ago, Superfluous J said:

Quit waiting. Play something else for a while and come back in a month to see how things are going.

All you're doing is increasing the chances you'll get an ulcer.

I can't quit as I love KSP and have been excited for this game since the original announcement. But have have been playing different games

A shame as I imagined all I'd be playing was KSP 2, but I'm having fun with Subnautica: Below Zero and Battlefield 2042

32 minutes ago, LameLefty said:

You should read more outside this specific forum:

There have been updates posted every week since release. I expect we’ll get another one late this week. 

I've read all of these. You'll see me comment on most of them pretty early on too :wink:
They're interesting, but its just like the posts about the KSP 2 previews before the game was released. Nice to show but will they actually do it anytime soon?

If you’re waiting for T2 to crawl through the dust and say “yeah we messed up and the game sucks,” it’s not going to happen. That would trigger a massive refund round and upper management would go ballastic and cancel the project.

So, communication is kept upbeat and positive. And questions about cereal are picked in the AMA, because we want light and upbeat.

Not sure what you want to hear from them… well what realistically you want to hear. Yes, it’s messed up, and they’re working on it. I doubt they are not aware of the sorry state of the game. And if you think are not aware and think it’s because they’re ignoring the forum for Discord, they’re a lot more salty over there.
Thus we await the patches. What else is there to do?

Edited by Kerbart

1 minute ago, Kerbart said:

Not sure what you want to hear from them… well what realistically you want to hear. Yes, it’s messed up, and they’re working on it. I doubt they are not aware of the sorry state of the game. And if you are and think it’s because they’re ignoring the forum for Discord, they’re a lot more salty over there.
Thus we await the patches. What else is there to do?

Exactly, all of the above but especially the last two sentences. While we wait for the next patch. I’m going to visit Moho at some point this week or weekend, and probably work on a Tylo lander.  Even with thousands of hours in KSP1, I have only managed a Tylo lander once, I think. 

In the meantime, there are plenty of great games. At the recommendation of a friend, I grabbed The Planet Crafter last week on sale for $15 (it’s only $20 at full price anyway) and am happily enjoying a small, indie EA title while trying to terraform my planet from a barren wasteland to a functional, life-supporting ecosystem. Fun game, limited scope, very chill vibe with a nice art style and excellent music and sound.  

I also have literally dozens of airplanes to fly in MS Flight Simulator ranging from a Cessna 152 up to and including sophisticated, deeply simulated transport aircraft like the PMDG 737NG series, the Airbus A310 fro iniBuilds, and over a hundred others in between. I might just load up the Hughes H-4 Hercules in a water runway off NYC and fly across the Atlantic in the largest flying boat ever built. 

If I get tired of that, I’ve always got No Man’s Sky. Even with  over 800  hours in the game, there’s still something new and different every time I go back.

We are so spoiled as gamers. KSP2 will get there if we’re willing to be patient and just let the devs work, give feedback where warranted and keep things in perspective. But while we wait, there’s always another game worth our time and attention. 

56 minutes ago, Tazooka said:

I can't quit as I love KSP and have been excited for this game since the original announcement. But have have been playing different games

A shame as I imagined all I'd be playing was KSP 2, but I'm having fun with Subnautica: Below Zero and Battlefield 2042

I've read all of these. You'll see me comment on most of them pretty early on too :wink:
They're interesting, but its just like the posts about the KSP 2 previews before the game was released. Nice to show but will they actually do it anytime soon?

Doing the same. Just can't quit cold turkey. Each day I load up the game, confirm it still sucks, then move on (trying my hand at Dark Souls right now). Not gonna just give up on it. I'll keep coming back.

1 hour ago, Fullmetal Analyst said:

i dont know what to make of these posts, they contain no useful information except the patch logs, which is something literally every game puts out, because they kinda have to.
all these posts mostly revolve around nate telling us that the game is being worked on (which should kinda be the obvious thing to do anyways... thx sherlock, i thought you all quit working on ksp2 and moved on to ksp3 or something...)
the rest is just excuses for why they went EA after all (we all know that you basically had no choice, stop the lies) and the usual meaningless copium nate likes to distribute.

I agree with most of your posts (hard to disagree with the present state of the game), and I'd like to see more communication, but I was thinking the same thing as @Kerbart; at this point, if they were being honest, all their posts would be the same: "yeah, we know the game sucks, we're workin' on it". Not sure what more can be said until they have something ready. 

I'm still a believer, though. I know the AMA was light on details, but I really got the feeling that Nate is truly passionate about KSP, and completely dedicated to the project. Had to remind myself that we're only a month in. I think it's gonna take awhile, but I truly believe they're gonna pull this off.

Edited by Cpt Kerbalkrunch

according to allkeyshop, most resellers already sell the game at ~30€

[snip]

question is how thats even possible since the game wasnt even on sale yet lol, they could easily sell it at 40€, are they trying to get rid of a bad investment?

WARNING:
resellers wont offer a refund, and steam wont refund games bought on external shops, so if you just want to test the game and be able to refund, you should buy it through steam

Edited by Starhawk
Link removed by moderator

Overlapping threads have been merged,

Again. 

27 minutes ago, Tazooka said:

My really long and detail reply got deleted when I pressed send as this merge happened as I was typing :(

Sorry that happened.    Consider it a first draft and try again? 

2 hours ago, Fullmetal Analyst said:

but what if they were showing T2 a completely different build than everyone else?

Unlikely. If there were a better build, ehy not release it to customers? Besides, I doubt upper management would personally playtest every single game published.

But even if — and this would be a purely academic exercise because I doubt anyone would be stupid enough to pull such a move — management was shown a different versionand even different statistics, they would find out pretty easily, especially with the negative publicity we see outside the official (and, give them credit for that, even on the official ones) channels. And whoever would be in charge of painting a rosier picture would be ending their career quicker than the Kraken get hold of a noodly rocket at launch.

19 minutes ago, Superfluous J said:

allkeyshop is a cesspool. Assuming that CD key is valid and not also sold to someone else, it was bought in a country with a low exchange rate to sell to 1st world buyers yet still make a profit.

Heard of this place once before. Sounds a bit like how Tyler Durdin makes his soap. And probably just as lucrative.

I would steer clear as well. Good way to lose money.

Edited by Cpt Kerbalkrunch

On 3/28/2023 at 9:13 AM, Fullmetal Analyst said:

im beginning to understand why nates preferred audience seem to be kids, since they lack critical thinking and logics, and happily soak up anything he puts out, his latest interview reflects this pretty well, the annoying adult streamers just have too many pesky questions... :retrograde:

“No useful information except the patch logs”.   Welp, off to get my sinuses pumped.  Luckily my coffee wasn’t too hot.

I’m sorry for your loss, Mrs. Lincoln, but aside from that, how did you like the play?

I feel like patch 2 will disappoint some people because patch 3 is where we'll get some meaty fixes. Still excited though! Cannot wait for the freaking science and resources!!! Based on zero facts at all, I have a hunch science is coming after Patch 3.

fixes the lights around Complex, LOL.

" One unheralded improvement, in addition to the already announced fixes  - the nighttime lighting at KSC has taken a big step forward"

Its like they are trolling us.  A Month+ after a $49.99  Pre Alpha release and we still have no Reentry heating, NO new content, Game breaking bugs, AMD GPU's are exploding in PC's, but there's a new Tik Tok and street lights, so yay!

Edited by RaBDawG