Stuff break better

It would be cool if as you get close to a star, stuff like solar panels and radiators begin to "melt", meaning that they lose functionality over time. (eg. gre3atly decreased power output, less heat reduction). then, this would lead to a myriad of other affects, like engines which need to vent waste heat begin to overheat, or xenon engines run out of electricity much faster.

Just now, Bej Kerman said:

Scott Manley once suggested that re-entry heat should cause joints to break, rather than just explode stuff.

I like what I saw in the trailer that dropped yesterday - specifically the plane wing hitting a building and snapping off instead of exploding. Totally with you on hoping there's more of a dynamic reaction to problems instead of only explosions for everything. 

Just now, wefightforpeace said:

I like what I saw in the trailer that dropped yesterday - specifically the plane wing hitting a building and snapping off instead of exploding. Totally with you on hoping there's more of a dynamic reaction to problems instead of only explosions for everything. 

KSP 1, in my case at least, sometimes explodes the entire craft instead of the one part that clipped.