KSP2 System Requirements

Dakota

• Community Manager

5sIMvjw.png

For additional context:
Minimum is 1080p at Low Settings
Recommended is 1440p at High Settings

These systems requirements are to ensure a high-quality experience while playing KSP2 in a variety of in-game scenarios.

KSP 2 will work across a wide variety of hardware beyond what is listed in our recommended specs, with performance scaling based on the size and complexity of the crafts you build. 

Throughout the Early Access period, our development team will continue to prioritize performance optimization to ensure an optimal gameplay experience for as many @Kerbonauts as possible.

We hear you and we take your feedback very seriously. You are a core part of the development process, so please continue to share your expectations for what you want your KSP2 experience to be. 

Admittedly, it's been a long time since I paid attention to a game's system requirements.

Anyone know what resolutions they're usually talking about? Like would the "recommended" RTX 3080 be at 4k? I'm hoping this isn't recommending a RTX 3080 just for 1080p.

Just now, The Aziz said:

This better look good enough to justify the need for that RTX

I'm above recommended requirements for everything except GPU where I just hit the minimum.

Given that my 1070TI when overclocked is only slightly worse than a 2060 in terms of rasterization performance I am not very concerned unless the game actually uses ray tracing as a minimum requirement.

I am expecting like 30FPS though unfortunately. :)

In a related note, when my main machine was down I played KSP1 on a potato backup laptop with *no* GPU support high enough by doing all graphics with the CPU!  Very slow when terrain in view, so lots of aiming camera up to the sky.  Landings and rover missions were a real trial, but doable.  But fine for dinking around.

7 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

unless the game actually uses ray tracing as a minimum requirement.

Doubt it. it has AMD cards in requirements as well :sticktongue:

1 minute ago, mcpattyp said:

Can we talk about how they waited until a week before release to post this? 

Yes we can. They have most likely meet the deadline and the game is ready to deploy, so they could finally post the requirements at its current state.

Just now, The Aziz said:

Doubt it. it has AMD cards in requirements as well

I thought AMD had their own version of ray tracing on those cards and above, it just wasn't as good? I haven't really been following the GPU market (for obvious reason), so I actually don't know.

4 minutes ago, mcpattyp said:

Can we talk about how they waited until a week before release to post this? 

Does it matter if they release them three months in advance? You can't play the game anyway until it's released.

If you plan on buying hardware for the game, based on specs, that'd be spectacular unwise. I'd always recommend to see what the feedback from actual gameplay is before dropping coin. What does "minimum" really mean? 300×200 @ 5FPS? And if you want to go a little bit above that, should you put your money in clock speed or a better GPU? The specs won't tell you, real world experience will.

I wonder why the difference between the minimum and recommended requirements is 15 gigabytes? We will download different versions of the game - minimum and recommended?

Scott Manley bought the wrong video card, it should have been more expensive.