My GPU is not 100% used.

So, my RTX2060 maxes out at 30% on startup while I only get around 30 fps. There are also moments where fps drops to 15 and GPU usage drops to 10%. Similar things happen when I have a couple of vehicles next to me and I look at them, the usage drops along with the FPS.

My Specs:

Ryzen 5 3600

Rtx 2060

16GB RAM

And my ksp is on SSD

Ymfle9w.png

KSP is limited by CPU, not GPU- physics simulations are done by the CPU in a single thread for everything within physics range (~2.5km), so the more parts and vessels you have in physics range the more work that single CPU thread has to do and the slower the game will run. The game goes slower when close to terrain and flying in atmosphere than in vacuum for the same reason, more physics to calculate.

Try disabling the FPS limiter and V-sync to boost your load times, loading is locked to frame rate for some strange reason and limiting the FPS slows down the loading process when you start up KSP. More mods also make it load slower, though your GameData folder looks pretty tame in comparison to some I've seen (including some of mine!). Look up the mod Hyperspace, it can help improve loading times to a certain extent.

• 2 weeks later...

Jimmy is 100% correct I have been on the FPS hunt recently and I can tell you one thing. Parts or mods. If you want more FPS you gotta prune them. Only other options are get a better CPU or refactor mod code to not run so bad. Some of the code in these mods are as old as the game! Most are pretty good though. 30fps for this game isn't even bad BTW.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.