Poll: Do you meet the system requirements for KSP2?

Chibbob

Does your PC meet the requirements?  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Will you PC handle KSP 2?

• My PC specs are below the minimum
    • My PC can handle KSP2

On 2/19/2023 at 4:05 AM, GoldForest said:

You forgot to add two options:

3) I meet the recommended specs

4) I exceed the recommended specs

GPU should be fine. CPU, might be a bottleneck, RAM, might be a bottleneck. 

5) I am under the required specs but i can still probably run it

I meet the recommended specs. Not taking into account any potential performance drop caused by using Proton. But then I probably have bigger things to worry about on that front, like say, if the game starts at all.

1 hour ago, tg626 said:

Assuming systemrequirmentslab.com knows what it's talking about, yes.

Video Card
Minimum: 
GeForce GTX 260/Radeon HD 5670 (1 GB VRAM)
You have: 
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti

Required
You have
results
Dedicated Video RAM
1 GB
8.0 GB
results
Pixel Shader
results
Vertex Shader
pass_large.gif
CPU
Minimum: 
Core i5
You have: 
AMD FX(tm)-6350 Six-Core Processor

info_large.gif
CPU Speed
Minimum: 
Info
You have: 
3.9 GHz

pass_large.gif
RAM
Minimum: 
4 GB
You have: 
16 GB

pass_large.gif
OS
Minimum: 
Windows 8 or 10 64 bit
You have: 
Windows 10

According to that site, I exceed the recommended requirements.  Which means I'll probably spend most of Friday hunting down display bugs and trying to figure out why my FPS is < 1.  :D

7 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

According to that site, I exceed the recommended requirements.  Which means I'll probably spend most of Friday hunting down display bugs and trying to figure out why my FPS is < 1.  :D

I'd be surprised if you didn't exceed the requirements, because the ones listed on that site are exceptionally wrong. The GTX 260 is a 15 year old GPU.

I'm kinda in the middle between minimum and recommended in terms of GPU, but since the gameplay footage I saw shows the game dropping to 20 frames per second when launching a 100 part basic mun rocket on a PC that far exceeds the recommended specs, I'm gonna go ahead and assume that my 2080 isn't going to cut it for my standards of playable.

Edited by DeliriumTrigger

I'm good, 6800XT and 5800X, and 32GB of ram, on a 1440p monitor. That's going to be my setup for the next 5 or 6 years.

On the other hand I'm really starting to doubt I'm going to manage to make it run on my SteamDeck, but that's not a huge deal, back to PS2 emulation it is, I have an itch for NFS Underground 2 right now I really want to scratch.

3080 and 12900k. I wouldn't really be bothered by specs right now. By the looks of things ksp 2 won't be in a playable state for a while. Im actually really surprised they allowed the YouTubers to release that footage ahead of release. Its honest and not giving players the wrong impression. Id keep my hands of it if you don't have the specs to brute force it. Honestly I doubt the minimum Specs will perform well either. 

I do, Ryzen 9 5900X and 3080TI 12GB with 32GB Ram. I don't believe the GPU requirements are really what they seem, all of the performance problems seemed to be more about the physics than the graphics. I think the reason they were using 4080s is because they were playing and recording in 1440p. I am surpirised the CPU requirements are listed as so low though.

3 hours ago, DeliriumTrigger said:

I'm kinda in the middle between minimum and recommended in terms of GPU, but since the gameplay footage I saw shows the game dropping to 20 frames per second when launching a 100 part basic mun rocket on a PC that far exceeds the recommended specs, I'm gonna go ahead and assume that my 2080 isn't going to cut it for my standards of playable.

I’m pretty sure that’s more a CPU thing than GPU.

7 hours ago, tg626 said:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8Gb

AMD FX(tm)-6350 Six-Core Processor, 3.9GHz, 16Gb

So, can I? I have no kerbaling idea. For years now I haven't been able to tell because models of compents long ago abandoned a sequential order that would provide ANY clue...

Edited by tg626

On 2/20/2023 at 7:05 AM, Scarecrow71 said:

So, I checked my machine this morning to see what I've got going on.  I'm a software guy by day, and hardware is a bit beyond my wheelhouse.  If someone could tell me if I am ok or not, that'd be keen.

Processor:  AMD Ryzen 9 3900 12-core 3.09 GHz
RAM:  32 GB
Display Adapter:  NVidia GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER (which I believe is only 8 GB)

Anyone?

RAM and CPU are more than enough. The 2060 Super is just above the minimum. We have almost identical hardware; I have the same CPU and same amount of RAM, with an RX 5700 (just above the recommended 5600XT).

CPU i7 10700 2.5 GHz

RAM: 32GB DDR4

Graphic Card: Nvidia 3060

Using 512GB SSD

It works well for Red dead 2, Doom Eternal, Mass Effect legendary, CoD Vanguard, AC Valhalla/Odyssey in ultra-high Graphic up to at least 80 - 100 fps

Edited by kennyc222