OMG the sound design - AAA out of the gate.

Chilkoot

Not sure if there are any other audio nerds out there, but now that we have real in-game footage from ESA, I have to say probably the most impressive overhaul noticeable in these KSP 2 clips is the sound design.  There are few dev shops that will commit the resources to getting this exactly right, and hats off to Intercept for engaging a real professional to build an entirely new "sound universe" from the ground up for this game.

I get that there's a lot of controversy over performance, visuals, features, etc., and I don't want to come off as a fanboi or simp here.  But that audio foundation you can hear in the clips, everywhere from the VAB to launch to in-flight, creates a completely edifying - and completely Kerbal-feeling - atmosphere that sets the perfect emotional stage for the rest of game experience.

Serious hats off to Howard Mostrom for designing what will probably be one of the most iconic, but sadly least-appreciated, components of the game.

Agree 100%.

One of the things I'm really looking forward to is hearing the music. I still think they could release the soundtrack as an album :)

This is the one. This gives me goosebumps. When those drums come in :o

(I hope I've linked that correctly!

That is something to look forward to. Not only having sound events for all things in the game (I noticed a nice BOONGG! on a wing strike) but also having it all purposely laid out on the sound stage.

My docking sounds was just one of many missing sound elements of the original, Chatterer filled in more, but having it ALL from day 0 by the devs will be bliss!

I won't be on board day 1 but I hope I will join you all soon and look forward to player made vids of how it plays.

21 hours ago, Chilkoot said:

Not sure if there are any other audio nerds out there, but now that we have real in-game footage from ESA, I have to say probably the most impressive overhaul noticeable in these KSP 2 clips is the sound design.  There are few dev shops that will commit the resources to getting this exactly right, and hats off to Intercept for engaging a real professional to build an entirely new "sound universe" from the ground up for this game.

I get that there's a lot of controversy over performance, visuals, features, etc., and I don't want to come off as a fanboi or simp here.  But that audio foundation you can hear in the clips, everywhere from the VAB to launch to in-flight, creates a completely edifying - and completely Kerbal-feeling - atmosphere that sets the perfect emotional stage for the rest of game experience.

Serious hats off to Howard Mostrom for designing what will probably be one of the most iconic, but sadly least-appreciated, components of the game.

Good lord, that OST took me places!

Many props to Howard Mostrom from @Intercept Games!

On 2/20/2023 at 6:01 PM, tg626 said:

My docking sounds was just one of many missing sound elements of the original, Chatterer filled in more, but having it ALL from day 0 by the devs will be bliss!

Not to mention the chatter feels like it's a part of the universe with its atmospheric effects and responses to flight events, rather than being a popup that just randomly plays sound files.

Wake me up when modded KSP 1 exceeds KSP 2? Consider me dead :D

The video was already posted somewhere else, but, around 6:35, I love the takeoff sound track, it reminds me a lot the soundtrack from How to Train Your Dragon.

In particular what I think is Hiccup/Berk main theme.