Simulation capabilities

Will KSP2 eventually have a built in simulator?  In KSP1, you can use the dev tools to teleport your Duna lander you just designed to Duna orbit to give it a try...and there of course is the KRASH simulation mod - but will the devs implement this needed feature officially - As with KRASH, with the eventual KSP2 Career mode, sure,  make the simulation cost a little bit of cash.  But think of all the new players trying to land on the Mun for the first time, or even Duna...without a simulator (and dont expect new players to ever download and use mods, once they do, they really arent considered new) - its VERY difficult.  If you want this game to be interstellar and enjoyable for new players,  you need to let people TEST designs in career mode.

Personally, I think that for KSP2's career mode (or equivalent), mission simulations should have very limited fidelity, and be dependent on player progress:

• At the start of the game, the player agency knows little to nothing about other planets (other than they "exist")
  • Players would first launch probes with scientific instruments to the Mun, Minimus and other nearby celestial bodies
  • Using instrument data, the player can then generate very basic simulations to test subsequent missions
  • The more missions and/or scientific instruments flown to a celestial body, the more accurate the simulations should be

I also would prefer the scientific instrument unlock better simulations in a manner appropriate to each instrument - for instance, if your first probe to the Mun has a gravity sensor, your first simulation will include a basic gravity reading, but if not, your simulation will not account for gravity differences.

I'd rather not see gamification in the form of trading genericized science points or cash for simulation fidelity.

In short, simulations should really be for the late game, and the rest of the gameplay should encourage people to venture out and make mistakes.

It was mentioned in the Pre-Release thread that the training programs will have simulations.  I am hoping that this is a clue that this is at least on the idea board for career mode at some point.  From a realism perspective, it feels cheaty and less immersive to use revert to launch or VAB or use the cheat option to move to orbit or surface to test your crafts or ideas.  A simulation with some level of cost maybe in some sort of hard or realism difficulty mode where there are no reverts allowed would be an interesting challenge IMHO.  I know KRASH already does this but I think it would be beneficial to be imbedded in the game.