Chill on the wing tip vortices.

While I do understand that they add to the realism, the maximum procedural wing sizes shown in preview videos are still somewhat constricting, so at some point inevitably people will start to stack wings to make a bigger wing and it will go way out of hand quickly. The whole craft will be engulfed in these wingtip lines and it will look ridiculous.

I find them annoying too.

About the realism: on the contrary, they are not realistic at all... The wing tip contrails appears on the core of the strongest vortices (main wing) on very specific conditions (high lift manouver, high humidity)... The more familiar contrails generated by the passenger airplanes are caused by the jet engines exhaust...

So, I do agree, they're not a good addition... nor realistic nor pleasant...

13 hours ago, Strawberry said:

I think disabling them is a bit extreme but they should definitely be toned down

I should've phrased it a little bit better. Not removing it completely, just giving us a toggle. That's what I meant. 

Edited by dok_377

Yeah, either a toggle or some at least semi-realistic logic for when they’re generated would be great. I’m already imagining virtual sheets of contrails coming off of airplanes with lots of wing segments (because I didn’t see a way to have multiple shorter ailerons per wing so there’ll still be a reason to have several segments per wing).

Edit: They do look cool, just a bit overdone is all.

Edited by TheOtherDave