How many people have or will be upgrading for KSP2?

Anth

People Who Will Be Upgrading or Have Upgraded for KSP2 before release.  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Possible configurations excluding memory. Please select all that apply.

• CPU
    • GPU (Graphics Card)
    • PSU (Power Supply)
    • New System
    • Not Upgrading and Not Getting a New System

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/24/2023 at 11:09 AM

A discord I belong to (EJ_SA) at least 5 people have upgraded after the minimum/recommended specs came out for KSP2.

I was wondering how many people here have already done or are planning to do so therefore I have created a poll.

Darn it. I would have liked another option of no upgrade.

Edited by Anth12

I upgraded because it was time to replace my gaming laptop (i5, Nvidia 965M, 16GB ram), not because of KSP2 specifically. Saved up for about a year and a half to do it, sat on a waiting list for my video card while the mining thing was starting to wind down (was a nice surprise when I got the email). Now it's an i7-12700KF, EVGA 3070ti, 64 GB ram. I'll be running the game at 1080P because I still find it hard to pick out pixels on a 32" curved monitor.

1 minute ago, regex said:

I upgraded because it was time to replace my gaming laptop (i5, Nvidia 965M, 16GB ram), not because of KSP2 specifically. Saved up for about a year and a half to do it, sat on a waiting list for my video card while the mining thing was starting to wind down (was a nice surprise when I got the email). Now it's an i7-12700KF, EVGA 3070ti, 64 GB ram. I'll be running the game at 1080P because I still find it hard to pick out pixels on a 32" curved monitor.

Nice. I have an older i9 9900K but I bought a 3070ti last year. Hopefully it will run well enough. My older computer will be more interesting for seeing how and where KSP2 has obvious performance issues.

I'll have to see if any of my current systems can run it at playable frame rates. If not, it's a disappointing reality that I'll have to pay more for the video card than I would for the rest of the components.

Yeah. um @Vanamonde Is there any way to add None to my poll? 

(Not sure which moderator to ask so I hope asking you was ok)

9 hours ago, Ravlain said:

Can't vote None (This field is required)

I realised my mistake after because I am actually in the same boat. I dont need to upgrade either.

Edited by Anth12
Vanamonde: Sorted it out. Didnt realise I could Edit the Poll via my first comment.

4 hours ago, Chilkoot said:

Premature to make a call at this point.  I hope no one runs out and drops $1000 (or more) upgrading just for this game based on the suggested specs before EA even ships.

Too late!

I’ve been considering the possibility of upgrading since the game was announced.  When the specs dropped, I ordered a new laptop.  It’s not really a gamble.  Even if Intercept HQ gets vapourized by an asteroid impact before the game drops, I’ll still use the laptop… 

5 hours ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

how do we vote "nothing"?

Yeah I realised my mistake the second after I posted the poll. Not sure what to do about it. I can't edit it. I am in the nothing category as well, and cant use the poll for myself when I was the one that created it ;)

I've wanted to upgrade from my (barely above minimum requirements) RX 5700 for a year or so but I chose a small form-factor case when I did this build years ago and upgrading has been physically impossible. I'm using this as an excuse opportunity to move components into a rackmount chassis and stick it in my rack. The chassis I ordered is backordered for several weeks, though, so I'm going to be using this 5700 for at least that long.

All this to say, I guess my answer is "No upgrade before launch, but likely GPU and PSU well after release".