I'm trying to get informations about KSP 2, and I think that there are a few things that should be changed.

For example I think that, since you KSP developers are adding colors and themes, the GUI should follow the vessel's theme, becoming custom and different for everyone, another thing about color is that the R.A.P.I.E.R.S engine is colored by both sides, but the Mk2 double engine mount is colored only in the upper side, and it makes everything lose a bit of his environment, so I think that some sort of auto-color changer should solve it, making a transition or something like it, wich makes it a bit more dynamic. Another interesting colour addition can be an advanced color option, wich enables the possibility to choose every color singularly, for exaple, you could color the bottom of a spaceplane black and the upper side white and blue, for an old-style aircraft.

Talking about technical additions, I think that there are a bunch of useful additions and changes: for example you could make it that, when you save something, it adds a "version" of it, the one you just made, so that, if you regret your choise, you can get back to the better version.

A last addition I think that could be very realistic and make everything better is to male it so you can control your probe from a spaceplane or a base, and it could be even better if there were different command levels, like:

-Mk1 command pod or cockpit-> no drone control

-Mk1 probe controller-> only action groups

-Mk2 cockpit or size 2 command pod-> thrust and action groups

-Mk2 or size 2 probe controller-> thrust, action groups and single part control

-Mk3 cockpit or size 3 command pod-> thrust, action groups, single part control and SAS

-Mk3 or size 3 probe controller-> thrust, action groups, single part control and SAS

-Land base drone controller-> full control

They could connect to the standard probes and function with extra crew, that controls rhe probe another if there is no connection between Kerbin and the vessel.

I also think an important addition for spaceplane or airplane builders would be the possibility to regulate the landing gears from the VAB or even in-flight, so that it isn't necessary to make some strange things anymore.

Eventually I think that it would be very interesting to make the new water launch site finally useful with some water parts for boats and submarines and physic corrections like control surfaces not affecting the vessel while in water and intakes functioning underwater.

Modern remote control hardware doesn’t really vary in size when you add more things it can control. Or rather, it probably does, but we’re talking about millimeters — extra pins on a computer chip — not anything that’d make a difference on meter-wide parts.

It probably mattered quite a bit for early remote control tech, though. Maybe more capabilities could trickle down the sizes as more research is put into miniaturization?

7 hours ago, TheOtherDave said:

Modern remote control hardware doesn’t really vary in size when you add more things it can control. Or rather, it probably does, but we’re talking about millimeters — extra pins on a computer chip — not anything that’d make a difference on meter-wide parts.

It probably mattered quite a bit for early remote control tech, though. Maybe more capabilities could trickle down the sizes as more research is put into miniaturization?

Yes, it's true, but the idea is like "you cannot control a size 5 Duna rocket from an Mk1 plane cockpit and with an Mk1 probe core", it's mainly for Sandbox mode, where you have everything you need and it would be enough to have an 1-kerbal spaceplane with a big extendable antenna orbiting Jool to have full control on every Jool mun.

Obviously the "miniaturization" could be a thing, bur I think that with a good enough sistem both of them could work together.

About the drone controller, it would obviously work with kerbals (otherwise it would simply be a repeater) and the size matters in that case: more kerbals controlling more things (because with this probe sistem Kerbin connection would not be necessary).

6 hours ago, Rocket builder said:

Yes, it's true, but the idea is like "you cannot control a size 5 Duna rocket from an Mk1 plane cockpit and with an Mk1 probe core",

Why not? It’s just a data transmitter. These days everything’s the size of a chip… you could control the ISS from your cellphone if NASA exposed the commands.

17 hours ago, TheOtherDave said:

Why not? It’s just a data transmitter. These days everything’s the size of a chip… you could control the ISS from your cellphone if NASA exposed the commands.

Yes, that's true, but it would ruin everything... think of an enormous rocket, it can't be commanded by one person, NASA has a lot of people working for every launch, it would be not so realistic to think of one person controlling a big rocket and maby even dock it while piloting a spaceplane... (I think... the size I'm thinking of isn't for tech stuff, but for kerbals).

For the tech thing, in ksp 1 only the big probes had full control, because otherwise it would ruin the experience and make you underrate everything...

If it's true that in science mode it would be better as you say, in Sandbox mode it would be a bad thing... I think it would be too much.

Another thing about it is that if you don't have any reason to land a complex base on a planet to have literally a new KSC, you just land a Mk1 probe with solar panels...

Maby I'm wrong, but I think this is how it should work...