Kerbal diversity

Vexillar

3 minutes ago, Ryaja said:

I was referring to the biological definition "a group within a species that is distinguishable (as morphologically, genetically, or behaviorally) from others of the same species"

How do we make such fine distinctions between these video game characters? It seems that any given kerbal can be an astronaut so there's likely no behavioral distinctions, we have zero idea what the genetics of kerbals consists of, and insofar as we know they only differ morphologically as much as humans do.

10 minutes ago, regex said:

How do we make such fine distinctions between these video game characters? It seems that any given kerbal can be an astronaut so there's likely no behavioral distinctions, we have zero idea what the genetics of kerbals consists of, and insofar as we know they only differ morphologically as much as humans do.

They can be distinguished by skin color, that is what I meant.

Just now, Ryaja said:

They can be distinguished by skin color, that is what I meant.

Once again, "race" is a purely human social construct, there is no modern biological definition of "race" insofar as humans are concerned. Kerbals do not need that social baggage. We can have kerbals with different skin colors, different hair styles, different hair and eye colors, different face shapes, and they can all just be "kerbals", and they can thus be a wonderful pastiche of humanity without expressly being named such.