Klapaucius

Where are you buying KSP2?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Where are you buying KSP2?

• KSP Website
    • Steam
    • Epic

Steam.

Superior services are worth a higher price, it becomes a no-brainer to me when the price is the same.

I've bought Sea Of Thieves on Steam after trying it on the Gamepass and all my friends that play it did the same.

Epic shouldn't even be a consideration. It's been like... what? 5 years? And they still haven't made it even a quarter as good as Steam? Besides, Epic still does extremely anti-consumer practices and should not be supported. 

So, yeah, Steam for life. 

30 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

Steam gives the convenience of automatic updates and a dozen of other things, and it launches on system startup anyway. Epic is just.. it exists, I guess?

Funny that all the reasons you listed are reasons why I don't like Steam :D

That's the reasons why I will buy it from the KSP website, if possible. I want to have control, be able to rollback to the version I want, etc...

3 minutes ago, Baleine said:

That's the reasons why I will buy it from the KSP website, if possible. I want to have control, be able to rollback to the version I want, etc...

I second that, and will also buy it on the KSP website, if I ever want to buy it (which is currently not the case).

9 minutes ago, Baleine said:

I buy most games on Steam, but I have been debating buying off the website as well.

Cloud saving, having all my games on one platform to be downloaded and the most important thing, in house streaming of games to my (considered ancient) laptop flawlessly without running hot or depleting the battery is a no brainer to me, Steam it is. 

I have Steam, but only because of Shadowrun (which I no longer play and hasn't been supported for YEARS).

I have Epic, but only because of the freebs (KSP1, City of Gangsters, Star Trek Online).

I will probably purchase the game from one of these due to the automatic updates when they become available as opposed to remembering to go to the KSP store to get them.  Unless the launcher comes with an auto-update feature?

Epic Games are on my coal for solstice celebrations list, so I'm very likely to stick with Steam. It sounds like we can't get away from every publisher doing their own launchers, but at least with Steam, I have a launcher for all the launchers in the one place.

2 hours ago, Kalessin1 said:

KSP website because no DRM.

When you buy something on Epic or Steam You only buy rights to play but You are not really owner of the game itself.

Steam (and Epic too, I think) leave the DRM choice to the dev.

Whether you buy it on Epic, Steam, or the website the license agreement is going to be the same, as the DRM if they choose to include one.