Calm down guys

Martcitopant

Ok, so  many people are saying things about the game saying they are disappointed but many of the issues will be ironed out by the release date tomorrow auto struts are most likely at the top of their list if they haven't already added it in for the release. Also you have to think about the fact that the tested build for the game was a slightly older version and Matt Lowne said most  issues will be fixed early on if they already haven't I feel like I'm repeating myself but glitches in map view and the whole 'graphics thing' will be sorted they are already pin pointing the issue and they could be over estimating and you can just lower to 1080p and the reason why GPU requirements are so high it's because most physics processing will be put on the GPU instead of the CPU so the CPU can do other stuff and try not to pay attention to videos that make big deals out of small bugs that can be fixed in a matter of a few days and they may be just doing it for views. Idk correct me if I'm wrong but yk just get on with the game and if you don't like it dont make a big deal of you not liking the game, nobody cares. Anyways enjoy the game, enjoy the hype, and see you on Friday.

people are feeling like this because the game already delayed 5 years. in 5 years a company could make another finished product. lets say that they couldn't. i get that but the EA doesnt even have promised and advertised things where they showed it 5 years ago.

we know that the features are ready to implement but the question is when? there are so many EA games that you can basically play, but this EA is not a game, it is a tester game.

I could only see interface change and few more things. i can't give good credit that they took 5 years to implement these things. simplest features are not there but at least make the game with less bugs.

15 minutes ago, Ekerci said:

people are feeling like this because the game already delayed 5 years.

3 years, announcement was in 2019, and the release date then mentioned was 2020. Article from 2019 with the original date:

https://www.eurogamer.net/kerbal-space-program-2-in-development

Edited by Pulstar

Most Early Access games I've encountered were fully functional and sold at a steep discount. Features were missing, and added along the journey. Functionality was added based on feedback ("it'd be nice if we have a compass or map"), not because it's on the "to do" list (auto struts, reentry heating). Or the project was abandoned and you end up with a half-finished game at a half price, but that's why you got the steep discount.

KSP2 sells at nearly full retail and the only thing that was talked about was "we can add the features right now but we'd rather have feedback first before locking them in." What we get is a half-functioning game. People have been dying to play the game for years and now they have to wait for the full launch (which by the look of it will be at least another two or three years) to have the performance issues taken care of. So, they're upset.

1 hour ago, Pulstar said:

3 years, announcement was in 2019, and the release date then mentioned was 2020. Article from 2019 with the original date:

https://www.eurogamer.net/kerbal-space-program-2-in-development

It will likely take another 2 years to get the game in a feature complete state, so I agree with @Ekerci here. Would love to be proven wrong.

Yeah I can understand a bit of whiplash at what we saw in the ESA preview…they always said Early Access, which we know *can* mean a buggy Alpha build. But it was conspicuous that they never said “hey guys, EA is going to be a very rough version, there will be bugs galore, including lots of low-hanging visual bugs we haven’t gotten to yet.”….they didn’t do anything to temper expectation, so we were a bit surprised is all. The way they talked about the whole game being done and they’re using EA to bug hunt in stages made it seem like they were further along in basic QA.

it’s now evident they focused on getting the core code of the game complete first…making sure every feature integrates, and punting even the simplest visual bug till later. End result: an unoptimized visual mess, but that has really strong bones complete across all promised features. The rest is just polish.

5 hours ago, Martcitopant said:

but many of the issues will be ironed out by the release date tomorrow auto struts are most likely at the top of their list if they haven't already added it in for the release.

Has anyone officially confirmed this? And the game that was promised in 2019 does not come out tomorrow, only a small, seemingly hastily made core of the game comes out tomorrow. If the game is delayed for 3 years, fans expect it to at least look like it should have been three years ago, and not much worse. What is even worse is the complete silence of the developers about the whole situation. They believe that fans should argue with each other about whether to believe the words of Nate Simpson.

Well said, OP.  Ignore the whinging and doomsaying, enjoy the game and the EA process, and fly safe.

I really can’t imagine why people seem to feel entitled to [any of the things people have been banging on about].  We’ve going to get the game we’re going to get in twenty hours, we know why it’s in the state it’s in, where EA is going, and how it’s going to get there.  None of the issues people are getting so toxic about matter, or have any impact on their lives (unless they’re incredibly fragile, but that’s not my problem).  Let’s all chill, and enjoy hunting bugs and pushing the envelope.

Oh there is no question this is going to be an unoptimized, buggy and often frustrating early access launch

But we are not normal gamers, we are Kerbal enthusiasts, and we can hardly wait for the torture to begin, and will relish every patch, update, and feature expansion.

Yeah the game still needs a lot of work after Early Access starts.

Bring it on!

Heres my main acc: if u dont believe it is ill get my other acc to say it is (i have 2 acc because diff pcs and i want to see forum wherever i am) i just want to say im not going after or targeting anybody im just saying that we should calm down and enjoy the bugs and fixes and all the kerbaltastic science

7 hours ago, Martcitopant said:

Ok, so  many people are saying things about the game saying they are disappointed but many of the issues will be ironed out by the release date tomorrow [...]

It's not being released tomorrow; it's going into early access tomorrow. The version shown at the ESA event was 0.1.something... v1 is still a long way off, and I don't see the point of being "disappointed" by anything yet. Other than the timeline, I suppose :lol:

And you know what, y'all are allowed to be disappointed with things are at the moment if you like, that is y'alls own lookout, as long as at least some judgment is reserved for the official release, but how angry and hateful people can get is just over the top. Obviously we all care about this game, and we will be sad if it ends up a disaster somehow, but it is a game, our lives will not be ruined, and things will move on.

Furthermore, the pace of early access will be far more telling than the start of it. If it goes dark for long stretches of no updates and communication, that will be a bad sign, but if we get reasonably regular updates (even minor ones), and they are transparent, with a consistent presence, than I will not be worried. Yes, we had hoped to wait less, but I would rather have it better than sooner.

1 hour ago, DwightLee said:

Oh there is no question this is going to be an unoptimized, buggy and often frustrating early access launch

But we are not normal gamers, we are Kerbal enthusiasts, and we can hardly wait for the torture to begin, and will relish every patch, update, and feature expansion.

Yeah the game still needs a lot of work after Early Access starts.

Bring it on!

Exactly!

That is the real reason it is happening this way:

It is tradition

7 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

Remember when the forum was begging every day for KSP 2 to do open beta testing? Me too :D

KSP fans: "Please do some kind of open beta testing!"

Also KSP fans: "Ew this game is so unpolished and so much is missing why would I want to buy this?"

First of all, those wouldn't be the same customers;

Second, beta would be feature-complete; what we have here is an alpha at best;

Third, even among those customers who asked for public beta, there would be (there were and are) disagreements about reasonable price point.