Auto disable of control surfaces out of atmosphere ?

(yet another dumb idea of my):

Maybe it would be nice to have control surfaces automatically disengage operation out of what is considered an atmosphere ? I might be asking to much of a realism, but I can't remember space shuttle to flap it's ailerons while chasing Hubble in the orbit ;) 

Or maybe a "disable all control surfaces shortcut that one can bind to an action group" ? 

It's not dumb. The game should totally do that. Preferrably, completely disengage the internal aerodynamic calculations when the vehicle is outside the atmosphere so it wouldn't eat any unnecessary resources. 

Also, I think I heard somewhere that the shuttle did flap the elevons around, but not when the control inputs were applied, of course, only passively. It was just because they disengaged the hydraulic actuators after leaving the atmosphere. No point in keeping them engaged when there's no need to actuate control surfaces. 

Edited by dok_377

I think it is good idea. If you go beyond the atmosphere, you definitely don't need fins. Beside craft, which doesn't flap fins in vacuum, looks more pretty, it also could reduce some game control calculations maybe. It won't be crtitcal, if control surfaces will disable out of atmosphere and enable under atmosphere border line automatically