KSP Global Ribbon Achievements Showcase

Ultimate Steve

It is the eve of KSP 2! Let's all show off our KSP 1 ribbons!

For the uninitiated, they can be generated at https://www.kerbaltek.com/ribbons. They are a good way of summing up most KSP 1 achievements in a small image and have been around for many years.

I remember the first batch of ribbons I generated, I probably hadn't even landed on the Mun yet, if so, just barely. Maybe Minmus too. I was so proud that I tried to make them in real life out of cardboard, markers, paper, and glue. I plan on doing something similar, but more professional, for KSP 2's achievements.

My final (at least before KSP 2 comes out) KSP 1 achievements:

6njnctR.png

(Some Kerbals lost and saved not included - all of the ones present are just the notable ones because I have forgotten. My memory is shoddy so it may not be 100% accurate)

Each symbol here was not necessarily chosen as the most impressive thing I have done, but the most memorable.

Sun: Station to honor Icarus station from my YouTube series Solar Station, which exists in Low Polar Kerbol Orbit at what I think is the lowest altitude a solar station has ever been built at. It will contain craft to go lower when I get around to finishing it.

Asteroid: I had an old 1.3.1 no reverts save where I constructed a giant refueling station in low Kerbin orbit and I have fond memories from that station. This old 1.3.1 save is technically from my old report Project Timberwind/Bob and Sily but that should never have gotten a story TBH, it fared much better as a private save.

Moho: Never got around to a base, but chose Lander because I landed a massive mothership there in Project Intrepid. I also contributed a lot of stuff to the Project Upsilon Moho phase, including a docking standard which went on to play some part of the rest of the project, and a space fighter for the Moho series.

Eve: Did create a massive base but also landed a massive skyscraper so was really considering going with monument on this one. Both of these were part of my YouTube series Eve and Back. Also did an SRB only ascent, in my short lived SRB grand tour series (I only ended up getting halfway to Moho before the SRB "refuelings" became too much - this was back when the Kickback was the largest SRB).

Gilly: No permanent presence, so chose multi part ship to honor my first major Eve expedition, which was basically a copycat of Kuzzter's mission. The rover was a very cool thing that used reaction wheels to roll around. Anomaly due to my investigations of the Gilly rift, one of the few times I felt I did actual science in the game.

Kerbin: Space station to honor Space Station Epic V, which I never finished, and is several years old at this point. There have been many stations, though, and this can honor all of them. Kerbal lost to honor the 6 Kerbals who perished in an SSTO accident (stupid runway lights lol) in a no reverts save, and one pilot who died in a plane crash in that same save.

Mun: Base to honor my largest Mun base in an old 1.3.1 save, and also for my SRB only Mun base I made many years ago and probably never posted. Kerbal lost to honor the numerous Kerbals I've crashed into the Mun, Kerbal saved to honor one specific Kerbal who jumped from a fuel depleted lander in that 1.3.1 no reverts save, just barely making it to safety.

Minmus: Base to honor my largest Minmus base in that same old 1.3.1 save, and also the (very much edited in) Minmus Shipyard from Project Intrepid.

Duna: Base to honor my two Duna bases, one in that no reverts 1.3.1 save, and one small one from Project Intrepid.

Ike: Base to honor my Project Intrepid Ike base.

Dres: Torn between armada and rover (base?) to honor the Project Intrepid Dres activities, chose Armada because of the mega cool moment I had where one giant mothership was out of fuel screaming by Dres, and the second ship refueled, rendezvoused with it, transferred fuel, and there was this amazing few minutes where both ships were burning together in formation to enter Dres orbit.

Jool: Was a very very close decision between armada honoring Jool Expedition 1, my first no holds barred armada mission, way back in the pre-Intrepid days, or multi part ship honoring Voyage: The Final Warning. I ended up choosing multi part ship, but both missions are very important and meaningful to me. If I had flown the Project Intrepid JAVELIN Jool Ascent Vehicle before abandoning that save, I would have also appended the atmospheric bar.

Laythe: Base to honor two bases, one from a private save which involved the short lived attempt to colonize Laythe, and the other for my contributions to a community save back in the day, can't remember what it was called, which involved a massive, probably 50 Kerbal monolithic Laythe base. Kerbal to honor (Voyage: The Final Warning Spoilers). Come to think of it, I should add Kerbal saved.

Vall: There is no good symbol for "MY LANDER WON'T WORK SO I WILL BRING THE MOTHERSHIP DOWN AND HOVER IT JUST ABOVE THE SURFACE WHILE I JUMP OUT, PLANT A FLAG, AND HOP BACK IN!!!" so I chose base instead (I did not ever make a base there). That was one of my most memorable KSP 1 moments ever.

Tylo: Rover, but well, base, but a very minor base consisting of a small collection of vehicles from the Project Intrepid days. I chose rover to be conservative because I do not fully remember how in depth it was, but it could house at least one Kerbal internally, maybe a few more externally, and could refuel visiting landers.

Bop: Extreme EVA to honor two extreme EVAs (one of which might have occurred on Pol, I don't recall at the moment). Ethan's monumental extreme EVA in Voyage: The Final Warning, and Jebediah's battle with the Deep Space Kraken in Nightmares/Project Intrepid.

Pol: Landing to honor various Pol landings. I never did a lot of cool stuff at Pol, I always meant to send a base because its a cool looking little moon.

Eeloo: Multi part ship to honor my first Eeloo expedition, waaaay back in the windows movie maker era of my YouTube presence. I forget the ship's name, but it was I think just under 10 launches and had a lot of cool stuff. Fond memories from being out that far for the very first time.

Grand Tour: I could have chosen Project Odyssey, my first grand tour, with a really really cool ship, but I ended up choosing my 11.5 ton single launch grand tour to put on this ribbon, what I consider to be my greatest KSP 1 achievement, and my sendoff to the game. It is represented by the aircraft symbol.

What do your ribbons look like, what are the stories behind their missions, and which ones are you the most proud of?

Well, for some reason, it won't let me embed my image despite it being posted onto imgur, so I'm just gonna post that link instead. *shrug*

https://imgur.com/N0Kph7R

I've done lots of stuff through the inner system, with my first probes finally venturing out towards the outer planets now! In a week, I'll probably have some new ribbons for the Jool system lol

Edit: Hang on, gonna try something different. Ignore the link.

Second edit: You know what, I don't even know any more. New link: https://imgur.com/a/UZ8FZsP

Edited by KerballingSmasher
Tweaking. Testing.

LkHGZiO.png

I also sent rovers and stations to Mun and Minmus. One of them was a 2.5m rover called 'Big guy'. The kerbal losses on the Minmus base was because of crafts with kerbals still inside smashing into the ground while going in and out of timewarp. The only Mun base fatality was because I was having too much fun with the EVA jetpack. I sent a relay tower to Ike once, it was close to the North Pole. The Minmus station was for a contract, the Mun station had a spinny thing with antennas on it.

R2tSwVb.png

This is the Mun base (couple of Hitchhikers and a lab), Big guy is the rover with XL3 wheels. I don't remember the names of the two other rovers in this picture. There are also some leftover skycranes in here.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.