What did you do in KSP2 today?

Dman979

6 minutes ago, Chris97b said:

Spent 10 minutes trying to figure out how to pan the view in the VAB. Spent another 5 swearing about why the devs would change one of the most intuitive systems in KSP1.

Tried to launch a rocket, game crashed

Relaunched game, crashed loading career save

Finally got my rocket on the pad. Staged off the boosters and destroyed my core engine. Spent 15 minutes trying to find the flight report to figure out what happened.

Removed the boosters and relaunched. Spent 15 minutes trying to figure out how to add a maneuver node. Gave up and did it seat of the pants style.

Returned from orbit and discovered the atmospheric physics are *way* off

Splashed down and spent 10 minutes trying to figure out how to recover the craft.

Recovered the craft and spent another 10 minutes trying to figure out whether it had actually recovered, and how to return to the VAB.

Returned to VAB, game crashed.

Wrote negative Steam review and started new KSP1 career.

I understand that the developers of KSP2 should now look in a way to get it running on Lower Specs machines.

For example:

• reduce the plumes volume
  • reduce the clouds
  • reduce the polygons in the mesh
  • better use of LODs in 3D objects
  • use textures also with LODs

Simple things that will make possible to run in a low spec PC.

Edited by pmborg

got up at 6am waited to 9am  downloaded at 9.04 am   took a look around   fell in love with the new layout.  had to look to see what all was in to build a rocket.   built a rocket.  loved how everything is setup,

i landed my rocket and had to looked at the learning center and was like  o my god  they really made the best learning center of all time.   

thank you all for a great ksp2  i am loving this.  

Bought it, tried it, utterly disappointed, refunded it.

This title is not a 50€ title, sorry. I would probably have kept it, if it was 20 or 25€.

Let me elaborate. I'm a keen KSP1 player and I would expect much would be the same, just smarter and better. Because let's face it. There wasn't much wrong with KSP1, except the 10+ year old visual experience.

This game feels more cartoonish, and it might be their "thing" now, even more than earlier. And I'm sorta fine with it, but when the maneuver node is clotted with fat graphics, so you can't see what you are doing and the VAB experience (moving around especially) is somewhat a 3-step back, from KSP1, it's going to be a struggle and sorry, I'm not funding that.

Honestly this feels like a rush, even though they probably will state other. A rush to get some cash injection, to further fund this project. But let's face it. This could also just be left as is, if the funding isn't cutting it and even though I'm contributing to this by getting a refund, I'm not going to be sitting with a 50€ "try". So I'll keep my eyes open and watch this game develop further and hopefully they will get on track.

Again, this is MY POV. You might think differently, so speak your peace.

Downloaded and sent a rocket to orbit.  I turned down a lot of settings, and for the most part performance is OK. However, whenever I look at the ground, my game lags. It reminds me of my early days in KSP 1 in a way, however I am below min spec (GTX 1060). I trust that the devs will make the necessary improvements in the coming weeks.

17 minutes ago, pmborg said:

I understand that the developers of KSP2 should now look in a way to get it running on Lower Specs machines.

For example:

• reduce the plumes volume
  • reduce the clouds
  • reduce the polygons in the mesh
  • better use of LODs in 3D objects
  • use textures also with LODs

Simple things that will make possible to run in a low spec PC.

I have my suspect...  I have seen several  games recently in unity with a VERY BAD performance if they update  GUI very fast. On those games when I remove all  GUI, numbers words everytghing  I usually get massive   perfromance improvements. Since the day I saw  KSP 2 interface  I  was expecting something like that to happen...  I might be wrong but On this year alone I found 3 games  that this exact behaviro happened (all unity)

1 hour ago, Dooz said:

Tried to do a quick Mun shot mission, launch went okay and got into orbit, but my ship got destroyed when I tried to undock the lander in Munar Orbit and it didn't inherit the velocity of the mothership, crashing into the mothership and destroying it .

Tried to EVA and Bill died instantly from crashing into the ship because he didn't inherit the velocity of the ship.

loaded a quicksave, ship started spinning for no discernible reason .

Yeah, game is very buggy and extremely poorly optimized as of day 1.

But I think the VAB  and parts sorting is certainly an improvement over KSP 1.  Other than a bug that broke the VAB whenever you tried to re-root a part, or "assembly anchor" as it is known now.

I had the ship spinning issue on a mun attempt as well.  Couldn't figure out if it was a time warp issue or...  But it also seemed to change my PE from 5000 to impact.  Couldn't recover it and started over

I couldn't figure out how to keep the mun PE visible while planning a cleanup maneuver node.  So I was just randomly dragging things to see what effected it

I hobbled together what should have been a Mun lander. I probably had enough dV to get to the surface but not quite back to Kerbin. I also think I discovered a fuel line issue (or placed them incorrectly) where my booster tanks were not feeding into my main tanks. In hindsight... I think I had the directions reversed. At any rate, I pushed myself into a 780km orbit, and then plotted a maneuver to the Mun. The node system is a little tricky to handle since the AP/PE labels (all labels for that matter) don't pin during manipulation. Also the AP/PE readout isn't dynamic like in KSP. Just some idiosyncrasies to navigate around. Burned myself into the Mun's SOI and eventually into an orbit. At this point I realized that poor Bill might not make it back from the surface, so I plotted another burn back to Kerbin.

Launched my first rocket, just to get my feet wet. Basic orbit and back affair. Only glitch was that the parachute failed to deploy and put Bill into a hole in the ground.

I really like the new VAB and the terrain looks gorgeous. Lots of work to do clearly but when it gets there this will be one for the ages.

Good work Intercept, I’m really looking forward to the updates… and in the meantime I have a Mun mission to plan!

Edited by Periple

Landed on the Mun! Had a few issues with time warping past the intercept and some strange behavior with the SAS but overall not bad for day 1. RTX 2070 and was running 30-40 fps for the most part.

Edited by zynar

First, I checked out how we are looking at the plugin mod front which took me a while.

Then I decided to finally launch the game and do a simple launch-orbit-return mission to see what has changed.
All went well until Jeb was about to splash down: the vessel "splashed" a couple of meters above the sea level and then was stuck (with parachute still deployed) a couple of meters below, bit of a disappointment for the first landing...

Anyway, I feel like in the early days of KSP1: lots of promise and lots of bugs, but I'm confident we'll sort it all out eventually 

• Did a Mun mission with a lander
  • Redocked in Mun orbit
  • Got back to Kerbin
  • ...only to realize I had strapped on drogue chutes (what a beginner's mistake)

Loving it. Encountered a few bugs, of course. But it runs fine on my 2060 Super, Ryzen 5 3600, 32 GB RAM machine.