What did you do in KSP2 today?

Dman979

So I downgraded my ambitions from a crewed Moho mission to a crewed Duna mission and spent a lot of today trying and failing. It's just been an exercise in annoying bugs. Bendy unstable joints, poor control authority, extra kerbals sneaking onto landers, systems refusing to work, and cargos refusing to separate from payload bays.

Feeling a little dispirited.

Edited by RCgothic

Tried simple rover and started exploring KSC.

jcnhVtH.png

Spoiler

GmEprW7.png
Needed few tweaks, but works.

z9mPdTU.png

So I tried to forget what mess was Ike mission attempt and sent this to the Mun.

DC0euYf.png
Almost there...

bZkPLgA.png
...but game says "NO!"

...as for all of my attempts to do anything in this game, e.g. mentioned Ike mission:MVRCLK5.png
Seconds before Kraken attack, which results in disassembly-like parts offsetting

I attempted another Mun landing today. Simpler craft, overpowered lower stages that in the right launch window could have sent me directly to a new crater on the Munar surface. I had other plans.

Kerbal-Space-Program-2-3-1-2023-2-04-44-

Problematic indeed. What you can see in the distance there is my lander stage. Other than having to revert to launch for the trajectory bug, and the fuel flow issue appearing, everything was uneventful... up until about 2m AGL. You see, I played with the leg parameters and apparently didn't do it right. A slightly off kilter landing meant a spring back into the air. Some bad SAS decisions and panic throttling later, my lander was hurtling back towards the surface and a date with destiny. On the bright side, you can see I was managing around 90FPS post-deconstruction.

I started working in the Duna Mastery challenge, putting a stacked probe core in orbit of the red planet.

Unfortunately, due to a bug - that I captured on video and submitted as a bug report - I can't separate the satellites and continue to control them.

Today: My first flight in KSP2.

MCxkMHk.jpg

I had no trouble on launch, or staging. It's a pretty powerful PC, so I may be lucky, but so far no problems.

NOjtmQA.jpg

First launch, first orbit. The lighting in this game is awesome.

One small problem: (but I only started playing today, so this may be my fault) This launch was meant to be the first section of a station, with the second stage booster held on by docking ports. Except now that I'm in orbit, I can't seem to uncouple.

h1faE3j.jpg

Any suggestions?

Successfully landed a plane for the first time ever!

b4m3x64.jpg

Missed the runway, but that's unimportant. Look how proud Gerbree Kerman is!

Also discovered Bill had somehow snuck aboard a craft that had previously glitched into a Kerbin escape trajectory.

dn90CiS.jpg

I swear he wasn't there when I launched! I have video proof! It's not my fault!

AEichjn.jpg

Rescue mission soon... hopefully...

4 hours ago, stephensmat said:

Today: My first flight in KSP2.

MCxkMHk.jpg

I had no trouble on launch, or staging. It's a pretty powerful PC, so I may be lucky, but so far no problems.

NOjtmQA.jpg

First launch, first orbit. The lighting in this game is awesome.

One small problem: (but I only started playing today, so this may be my fault) This launch was meant to be the first section of a station, with the second stage booster held on by docking ports. Except now that I'm in orbit, I can't seem to uncouple.

h1faE3j.jpg

Any suggestions?

That is a bug many of us have encountered. There is not much you can do about it, at least as far as I know.

Made it to Dres (no cheats -- did it the old fashioned way). Dres has rings! :happy:

KSP2_Dres2Crop.jpg

Figure 1. Bob Kerman (left) and Valentina Kerbin (right) gathered on Dres' surface at the totem, secretly conspiring to ritualistically sacrifice Bill Kerman (center) according to custom. Note Dres' ring system visible from the surface, arching across the sky. 

KSP2_Dres3Crop.jpg

Figure 2. Flyby of Dres' rings, before heading back to Kerbin. Okay, Bill gets to live another day.

KSP2_Dres4Crop.jpg

Figure 3. Another shot of Dres' ring system during flyby.

Started to work on the UP1U "Headless Bird"; a high altitude supersonic drone inspired from the Kratos/HLS drone. It is not a replica.

Kerbal-Space-Program-2-28-02-2023-23-49-

Kerbal-Space-Program-2-28-02-2023-23-49-

Kerbal-Space-Program-2-28-02-2023-23-50-

Kerbal-Space-Program-2-28-02-2023-23-52-

It definitely takes off and reaches 1200m/s at ~20,000m but I still have to learn how to land it on a runway. :p I'm still in the very colorful ground interception (explosions are visually very satisfying in KSP2  XD )

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Started also to work on the construction of the DSV-1 "Vant" (from Kerbal mythology here) . The Spacecraft Command & Power Module (SCPM) is already in LKO as a basis for orbital assembly. More to come in a few days.

Kerbal-Space-Program-2-02-03-2023-11-58-

To be noted a rare opportunity to do some seabed mapping and the cristal clear Kerbin atmosphere

Kerbal-Space-Program-2-02-03-2023-11-28-

Kerbal-Space-Program-2-02-03-2023-11-25-

Edited by Uuky

On 2/24/2023 at 9:17 AM, DwightLee said:

Downloading now, I could not be more pleased.

I am expecting a buggy, unoptimized, frustrating start, bring it on!

I could not be happier to be involved in the early days of what I expect will become the greatest game I will ever have.

( IM getting old, 67 years here )

well said btw.  same here.  you're only as old as you feel!

Mun Mission Preparation 

Rendezvoused two vessels in LKO, they'll be sent to the Mun for a landing, re-rendezvous and return mission.

I hope doing things like these get easier in the future, because it was tough doing this simple rendezvous (orbit information should be clearer)

QvFCO8m.png

I made my big cargo plane even bigger because why not? 

?imw=2048&imh=1152&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

She still flies beautifully, very easy to control! 

Then I tried putting Rapiers on to see if I could get it into orbit but unfortunately the frame rate slowed to a crawl. I'll get back to that later when they've figured out what's doing that and fixed it.

16 minutes ago, Peter Frongldorf said:

How do I insert images from URL? I put the pics in imgur, but the post won't accept the URL for some reason.

Right click on the image you uploaded to imgur and select open in new tab.  Then copy the link from the new tab and just drop it in the regular text portion of the forum and hit enter. 

It worked! Some of my adventures so far.

Oj8hpSJ.pngGcnjHIP.pngUy5Axho.pngaanHaAX.pngGGFcQHE.pngPC32UG0.png

30 minutes ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

Right click on the image you uploaded to imgur and select open in new tab.  Then copy the link from the new tab and just drop it in the regular text portion of the forum and hit enter. 

Thank you very much!

UjTIw2s.png
rBwPoGr.png
I tried to test my moon wagon, make sure i could get there and things were gonna be ok before i went for real(not doing time warp)  and my first issue is the docking ports, undocking suddenly kills the kerbals and Paige is like noh go back home and of course ive got wings soo loading game just yeets the wings
3TUdGAa.png
theeen i found out that you can't access the mk1 stowaway cabin thing so once your kerbals are in there, they aint getting out or in... reeee!

6OCwTSq.png
8X72VS6.png

I tried everything from time warping while the game was loading, pausing time warp while the game was loading to then set unbreakable joints, but all it did was disconnect the camera or the struts not disconnection, then time warping to move away from the docking port, but then being pulled back onto it, even after setting the docking port thing in the settings to 50% it was like when I undocked it wasn't actually undocking, but still disconnecting due to time warp forces

full album is here https://imgur.com/a/ueKfsSq
but yeee, that's what i did in KSP2 today... Tested my moon wagon on a test moon visit and the game said no sAd FaCE.
I still have to paint the thing and do the action groups and more RCS stuff..maybe

I landed on Jool! Wow, the surface is just... Cyclopean. Very eerie!

One thing I think's a little unsung about KSP is just straight up being able to have named save states of the game, so I have a save in high Jool orbit and I'm just reloading it over and over as I visit the various bodies. Too bad I don't have enough DV to land on Tylo, but so far Vall is pretty neat, and Pol is just wild lookin. Time to keep touring!

Edited by Stoup

26 minutes ago, DoctorKerman said:

Tried to land on the moon, failed because my gravity turn decided to stop caring about the fact that the only key I was pressing was D.

When the framerate drops too low, keyboard input fails.  Pan your camera to below your rocket so you can only see the sky and the rocket in-frame (this pumps up your FPS dramatically), then give it another launch and see if you have better control.

I tend to play at settings too high for my hardware, so I have to do this every launch/landing.