What did you do in KSP2 today?

Dman979

Made it to Duna yesterday for the second time in my life. I only managed a fly-by many years ago on KSP1. With the music and visuals it was absolutely stunning. Even managed to land. 

After that I visited and landed on Eve for the first time! Though I ran put of fuel and had to RCS my way down to aerobraking for a good 35 minutes. 

After that my game just broke in ways it never had before. Was going to go for Dres next. But I couldn't even get things to launch. Trying again today!

EDIT: Thought it might be worth mentioning, RCS works under time warp as well!

Edited by Fluke

i almost made it to jool  i going to try again  but i ran out of fuel before i made it to the jool  system.  i love to build here and visit the jool system  planets lol

13 hours ago, i dont know how to forum said:

Bill's rescue continues, on a return trajectory now.

zjzrQmf.jpg

Meanwhile, Jeb is off on an adventure!

kr9ch4K.jpg

oBAsnGW.jpg

i can not get the hydrogen to even work in space.  every time i use them  there empty but full when i leave. 

This afternoon's adventure was to return to Jool and orbit Laythe. Made it with a tremendous about of dV to spare with this little probe, so I'm likely next time to send a probe lander.

I have to say two things: first, the new cloud and terrain features for Laythe are spectacular. I love the lighter color water in the shallow, coastal areas, the dune textures, and the mountainous regions. Second, the current maneuver node UI and inability to display local conics makes all this a lot harder than it should be by KSP1 standards, even doing it all manually without the help of MechJeb or one of the maneuver node tools. 

Xeh3Dkk.png

dApdjYH.png

7NplshF.png

jvHpjMp.png

Edited by LameLefty

After sending several xenon powered stayputnic probes all over the place to provide a nice comms network for future endeavours, i finally dared to go for a rendezvous and docking to my KSS that is in stable 90km orbit. Finally Bill has some company up there and he's happy with the fact there is now an escape pod ready to go. 

Gotta say...    docking without mechjeb gets the adrenaline going. slooooooowly... slooooooooowly.....  slooooooooooooooooooowly.  but managed 1st try. 

Today was a good day for kerbalkind. No kerbals were lost. Days without incident: 1.

1 hour ago, dragonart777 said:

i can not get the hydrogen to even work in space.  every time i use them  there empty but full when i leave. 

At one point my fuel gauge read as zero even though I had plenty of liquid hydrogen left, but as soon as I started to burn it returned to normal. Did you try burning to see if the bug was just visual?

8 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Docking is my absolute-hands-down favorite thing to do in KSP. I haven't yet attempted it in KSP2, I'm not a MechJeb player, but @NavyFish docking port alignment mod made everything amazing in KSP1. 

no alignment mod. just eyeballing it nowdays. hardcore! :D

24 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Docking is my absolute-hands-down favorite thing to do in KSP. I haven't yet attempted it in KSP2, I'm not a MechJeb player, but @NavyFish docking port alignment mod made everything amazing in KSP1. 

Yep. I adore that mod. I desperately hope it gets ported to  KSP2. In the meantime, it’s hard-core, old school “pushing” and “pulling” the velocity vector marker onto the target marker. Satisfying but so much slower and less precise and efficient. 

36 minutes ago, i dont know how to forum said:

At one point my fuel gauge read as zero even though I had plenty of liquid hydrogen left, but as soon as I started to burn it returned to normal. Did you try burning to see if the bug was just visual?

it burns for a micro sic then poof nothing says i out of fuel.   i never got my hydrogen to work in space.    i was starting to thank they made it to work on kerbal only 

well i was building a rocket as one would and i notices that every time my game would save it started to lock up. well i let this pass for a while then.....................................................................................................................Loading...........................................3min..............................................oh, i'm sorry for the wait.. what had happened was.......................................................................................Loading..................................5min.......................................i'm sorry again these saves are killing me.

Anyways haha i go looking into the saved file section as one would do but before i was even able to do this i got a window error popping up that i need to delete some things cuz my hard-drive is filling up. Well okay windows thanks for letting me know. So i go into the file and what do i find but a saved text doc JSON that is..................................................................................................Loading..............................................16min later......... that the file is 1.16gb.........soooo yeah because i have a good ish pc. this took about 5 to 10 min to go in and out of the VAB haha  what would have only taken 0.0005secs of load time.. i think its safe to say. those 15 hours of building this rocket never making it to space................................................................................................HAHA

Screenshot-2023-03-05-232124.png

Edited by GizmoMagui

I finally got my crew capsule to orbit after overcoming the many bugs afflicting my rocket.

i3D24IE.jpg

ZieXyew.jpg

But now it seems Jeb and his ship are missing. I left him in a stable orbit to wait for a transfer window, but his periapsis was pretty low, and I've heard some people have been reporting orbit fluctuations...  So now I have to decide whether I want to reload to the last save I knew he was alive.

While waiting for the transfer window allowing my space craft to reach Eeloo (14,000 Dv, a unique occasion to crash a lander on a glacier), I started to think about a space bus that would bring the crew to the space craft.

Valentina was able to reach space and orbit (79km*72km; 1,000Dv in orbit) with a SSTO. A small one but that's a start and the door is opened to bigger SSTOs.

Kerbal-Space-Program-2-05-03-2023-22-17-
Kerbal-Space-Program-2-06-03-2023-09-27-
Kerbal-Space-Program-2-06-03-2023-10-06-

And Valentina landed on the runway at less than 40m/s and without krashing the plane. A bit disapointing but bigger SSTOs will surely acheive lythobreaking stage.
Kerbal-Space-Program-2-06-03-2023-10-07-

Edited by Uuky

Funny enough, the state of the game is conducive to people like me - capable of pushing beyond Kerbin, but not confident to do it consistently. So I'm currently in the "playing with satellites" phase. This one was sent up on a comically unstable rocket. It's a wonder I was able to circularize where I did.

Kerbal-Space-Program-2-3-5-2023-7-24-51-

Kerbal-Space-Program-2-3-5-2023-7-25-39-

This one went up on a much more stable and overpowered rocket. Enough dV remaining to be dangerous.

Kerbal-Space-Program-2-3-6-2023-2-45-06-

I think I stumbled upon a Stack Separator issue where on separation it just erases whatever you cut lose. Although that might be a side effect of zero persistent debris.

Well, I was finally able to get a few ships into orbit for the Duna Mastery challenge (III:  Transmitting Live From Duna).  I need 3 probes in a constellation orbit around Duna, so I decided to launch 3 ships.  No robotics and limited parts isn't forcing me to be simple, but it's easier to go the simple route (for me, at least) without these things.  And I can manage the 3 ships easy enough, what with being able to time warp one of them a day or so ahead of the next one to be launched.

Unfortunately, all 3 of them are space junk right now, floating aimlessly through the cosmos due to a lack of fuel.  It's really tough to plan encounters and intercepts and such without the computer doing it for me (I didn't realize I was this dependent on MechJeb), so after getting all 3 of them into the Kerbolar SOI, I went to do a few burns to fine-tune the intercepts...and ran out of gas.  Methalox, to be precise.  So it's reversion back to the VAB (I used the same build for all 3 ships), and I get to tweak/fine-tune the design of rocket I used.  Need more gas!

On 3/3/2023 at 7:20 AM, ShadowZone said:

After many failed attempts, I finally managed to land on and return from the Mun. Including some really hefty Kraken wrangling where I had to edit save files to restore functionality.

I did the landing part on day one, no return alas it has clipped through the ground and is falling to the mun's center.

On 3/5/2023 at 2:51 AM, i dont know how to forum said:

Bill's rescue continues, on a return trajectory now.

Bill has been rescued! Did a brief Mun flyby on his way back.

lYfjExw.jpg

JtS2Twb.jpg

1gdiNUM.jpg

Capsule took a very long tumble down a hill after landing, the sound of banging metal heard all the way, but he's home safe! Please don't stowaway on glitched craft again, Bill.

After waging a fierce battle against bugs, loading screens freezes, saves' corruption, weird behaviors on the runway, I managed to make this thing to take off. Will it reach orbit? No one knows.

Kerbal-Space-Program-2-07-03-2023-09-52-
Kerbal-Space-Program-2-07-03-2023-09-52-

edit: oh my... Suddenly discovered the VAB editor doesn't empty symetrically the tanks. That's why the SSTO is banking right. 

So... Again!

Edited by Uuky