What did you do in KSP2 today?

Dman979

THIS is worst than the default settings:

I am still looking for the pause button after start the launch... if someone know how to do it, please let me know.

Edited by pmborg

Put a nice little stayputnik into orbit, way overestimated the D/V I needed - Is it just me or are these rockets more energy dense than what we used to have? Ended up in a 300km orbit before I even realized what I'd done.

Gonna run an orbital docking over lunch to play around with manned craft too, saving a mun mission for the weekend.

Almost there:

ODzMhcQ.jpg

xOygujc.jpg

34 minutes ago, pmborg said:

THIS is worst than the default settings:

I am still looking for the pause button after start the launch... if someone know how to do it, please let me know.

The button that do the wrap speed function, also do the pause, nice! :)

Edited by pmborg

Tried to do a quick Mun shot mission, launch went okay and got into orbit, but my ship got destroyed when I tried to undock the lander in Munar Orbit and it didn't inherit the velocity of the mothership, crashing into the mothership and destroying it .

Tried to EVA and Bill died instantly from crashing into the ship because he didn't inherit the velocity of the ship.

loaded a quicksave, ship started spinning for no discernible reason .

Yeah, game is very buggy and extremely poorly optimized as of day 1.

But I think the VAB  and parts sorting is certainly an improvement over KSP 1.  Other than a bug that broke the VAB whenever you tried to re-root a part, or "assembly anchor" as it is known now.

Edited by Dooz

I played it for an hour and a half, got tired of the <15 fps with a 48-part ship even with all settings at low and at 1080p, and requested a Steam refund. My system is a 1070ti, Ryzen 5 2600, with 32 GB. I will try again in 6 months.

Just now, Movado said:

I played it for an hour and a half, got tired of the <15 fps with a 48-part ship even with all settings at low and at 1080p, and requested a Steam refund. My system is a 1070ti, Ryzen 5 2600, with 32 GB. I will try again in 6 months.

Hello, just change the default settings, try this its similar as KSP1:

hOJxp10.png

4 minutes ago, pmborg said:

Hello, just change the default settings, try this its similar as KSP1:

"... even with all settings at low and at 1080p... "

The worst offender is Kerbin itself. When any part of it was in view, the FPS tanked to below 15 fps. If Steam had a more generous time limit for testing, I would have tried more testing on the other bodies and in space with much larger vessels and with different settings (possibly 720p).

Good choice to wait. I actually got my hands on the game. It runs, but is no fun. How can full screen videos have low FPS? The only smooth experience are the loading logos. It is a bit sad. Apparently all the stuttering comes from the graphical bling. But still: A fullscreen video should not run with low FPS, right?

I will delete this install and wait for a better one. In this state, the game is no fun at all.

Edited by dr.phees

5 minutes ago, Movado said:

"... even with all settings at low and at 1080p... "

The worst offender is Kerbin itself. When any part of it was in view, the FPS tanked to below 15 fps. If Steam had a more generous time limit for testing, I would have tried more testing on the other bodies and in space with much larger vessels and with different settings (possibly 720p).

I am running on a avg. of 100FPS as you can see in my previous pictures.

Spent 10 minutes trying to figure out how to pan the view in the VAB. Spent another 5 swearing about why the devs would change one of the most intuitive systems in KSP1.

Tried to launch a rocket, game crashed

Relaunched game, crashed loading career save

Finally got my rocket on the pad. Staged off the boosters and destroyed my core engine. Spent 15 minutes trying to find the flight report to figure out what happened.

Removed the boosters and relaunched. Spent 15 minutes trying to figure out how to add a maneuver node. Gave up and did it seat of the pants style.

Returned from orbit and discovered the atmospheric physics are *way* off

Splashed down and spent 10 minutes trying to figure out how to recover the craft.

Recovered the craft and spent another 10 minutes trying to figure out whether it had actually recovered, and how to return to the VAB.

Returned to VAB, game crashed.

Wrote negative Steam review and started new KSP1 career.