What did you do in KSP2 today?

Dman979

Despite being partially below minimum spec, I downloaded and installed.

KSC screen seems fine, tutorial animations are gorgeous, first rocket flight lesson worked fine, as did a couple of VAB tutorials. I think I'm about 4 or 5 tutorials in in total. Had the settings at minimum and haven't really built a big rocket yet, but I feel that the base behaviour is stable enough to cautiously crank it up a bit.

Spec is:

GF GTX 980M (below minimum)

i7-6820HK (older than minimum but higher spec)

32GB ram.

Installed on D: drive HDD (windows is on C: SSD).

Edited by RCgothic

5 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

Played for 4 hours and reported like 20 bugs afterwards, with more to come. Flew few rockets, not understanding why are they so hard to fly, I've been launching literally the same stuff in KSP1 without batting an eye, what is this?

My sentiments exactly. I played for 2 hours before work and it was painstakingly hard to simply get to a perfect orbit. 

I made a biplane to slowly fly around and checkout Kerbin 2.0. I would show a screenshot but I can't see how to change the keybind for the AeroGUI from F12 which is the steam screenshot key :(.

Lots of little niggley bugs and things nibbling at my enjoyment for now but looking forward to see it improve. (Why does escape not pause the game? Why does the SAS control make my plane dolphin around? Why is there no brakes on/off switch? Why is the right click part selection show every part of your ship? Etc etc).

17 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

Played for 4 hours and reported like 20 bugs afterwards, with more to come. Flew few rockets, not understanding why are they so hard to fly, I've been launching literally the same stuff in KSP1 without batting an eye, what is this?

I could only play for a few hours this morning before work, but my biggest problem was that SAS just wasn't pointing the thing where I needed it to be, or at least not quickly enough, even with RCS and multiple reaction wheel modules. Has that been your experience so far or have your control issues been different?

Found out that due to being able to thrust in time warp, ion engines are now OP. Built a quick probe with 25 km/s delta v and whizzed my way through the Kerbolar system. Fps was fine with my gtx1080/ AMD 3800x. Discovered minor issues everywhere but nothing that doesn't seem like it would be too hard for the dev team to fix. Probably going to try building an SSTO later. The one thing that bugged me was that everything looked hazy for some reason, as if there was AI upscaling going on.

28 minutes ago, whatsEJstandfor said:

I could only play for a few hours this morning before work, but my biggest problem was that SAS just wasn't pointing the thing where I needed it to be, or at least not quickly enough, even with RCS and multiple reaction wheel modules. Has that been your experience so far or have your control issues been different?

Perfectly symmetrical, strutted up rocket wouldn't fly straight up.

Tapping D to point a bit to the east would make a rocket go not only east, but south as well, resulting in inclined orbits.

Going even slightly off prograde marker would result in flipping, and not touching the controls doesn't make the best gravity turns.

I miss the aero overlay arrows, always knew how to deal with drag.

But, planes are now surprisingly stable with SAS off, that's new for me.

Edited by The Aziz

1. i installed it. succeed.

2. i tried to build good rocket for Mun landing. succeed.

3. i tried to launch it. in bended and exploded while i watched slideshow. failed.

4. went to Steam to refund. succeed.

5. made notification in schedule to check it in two years. succeed.

Built ion engine probe with 30 km/s of delta-v or something like that to check out how the acceleration under timewarp works.

Crashed the probe into the Mun as I flew past the good old Mun Arch on the crater rim. Quickloaded.

Quickloaded a ton of times because I kept forgetting that "X" does not work for cutting throttle while timewarp is active (I need to log a suggestion regarding this).

Send the probe on an interstellar trajectory while trying to get into solar orbit (again forgot "X" doesn't stop timewarp/cut thrust under timewarp) and lost contact, quickloaded again.

Derped around overshooting Jool with my overkill delta-v budget. Managed to get an encounter eventually.

Struggled to do gravity assists from Tylo/Laythe to correct ridiculous inclination difference because I really miss seeing the flyby path around the encountered body and not just around the parent.

Flew by Tylo, Vall.

Tried aerocapture around Laythe a bunch of times. Crashed into Laythe's seas a bunch of times.

Flew into Jool with the probe, learned it does indeed have a hard surface at least for the moment, some debris survived the impact.

Built a interplanetary mothership with 100 tons of hydrogen in those 2 large spherical tanks, the new nuclear gas core engine and a reactor for power.

Attempted to build a launch vehicle for the mothership, more boosters and struts helped.

Lost control of the rocket a bunch of times because the payload inside the fairing was longer than the launch vehicle itself. Finally got it into orbit after deciding to not do a gravity turn until 40km altitude.

Edited by Pulstar

I landed on the Mun.  Pretty sure he isn't making it home though.  Also, played through all the tutorials to see what was new.  Built a jet plane and flew around Kerbin a bit, too.

Game feelings:  Looks beautiful.  Kinda buggy but expect the team will be polishing it up quickly.

Loved playing and looking forward to patches.

IFtHXCT.jpg

Edited by Malathion

2 hours ago, The Aziz said:

The aero model has changed. So have many controls in general... And don't get me started on the mess of "where do I look?" when trying to orient myself with the NavBall. Direction icons have this weird effect of becoming smaller and smaller the further away they are from the center of the ball.

The whole pixelly style navball is a huge mistake. Needs a complete overhaul. 

The menu music is driving me MAD! I have stared at a screaming Kerbal for too long. I probably have to update things on my computer, but I'm not quite sure about what it can handle.

th?id=OIP.vN_1zSEjVBgYnKqmqzS-_QHaEx%26p

My computer running this game

I realllllly want to play this game, I just have to have the hardware to play it.

Edited by Kerbalsaurus
In case you couldn't tell, I stared at the title screen.

17 minutes ago, lajoswinkler said:

Sadly, we still have The Mun instead of Mün.

Seriously, I feel like I'm the only one who still pronounces it "Mün". I always forget it's no longer spelled that way canonically anymore. It's like that spelling was suddenly abandoned at some point and everyone just started pronouncing it boringly :/