What did you do in KSP2 today?

Dman979

I managed to send a ship interstellar. It wasn't supposed to be interstellar, it was only supposed to go to Jool. However when I was trying to timewarp to line up an encounter, the tracking station had other ideas.

mwnudeybscka1.png?width=1920&format=png&

about the only non-bugged thing I've achieved so far was getting said ship into kerbin orbit, before it got flung into interstellar space.

Today I landed on the Mun.  Graphics are amazing.  The flight...not so much.  I'm still struggling with EVA in that I can't seem to figure out why the hatch is always blocked.  Is the hatch no longer centered on the pod?  Or is this a glitch?

Video of the landing will be posted this weekend.  I'll have a part two, which will be getting back to Kerbin, to go along with it.

For my first mission in KSP 2 I build a mun rocket and sent Jeb, Bob, Bill and Val for a trip. Saw the the new mun arch from orbit and decided to attempt a landing there. Only broke a landing leg, I hope this will grant me luck for future missions :)

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

The return trip was a bit tricky. For some reason my orbit lines did not show up in map view and I couldn't create maneuver nodes. Even restarting the game did not fix the problem. Had to fly basically blind, but managed to hit Kerbin eventually :). Recovering the vessel fixed the problem.

Yesterday I tried to fly a rocket:

Spoiler

Xn1B6jB.jpg

lDx5ET2.jpg

wRLXkc5.jpg

MPnKIII.jpg

KKEa0y0.jpg

I tried again:

Spoiler

86P1bgd.jpg

F25YF0I.jpg

FabwvrU.jpg

6x9HMNl.jpg

Got some beautiful shots:

Spoiler

JgD1GiG.jpg

l2o4d7m.jpg

JMqljtK.jpg

TneSfrZ.jpg

Then my craft started flying away from the camera:

Spoiler

H3ynHUV.jpg

bKtFqZy.jpg

I also tried flying a plane:

Spoiler

GZiBpAs.jpg

vKnCbqS.jpg

2sEBRkN.jpg

This game barely runs on my laptop and it's hard to tell why my rocket keeps losing control when I'm playing around 5fps, but I'm having a lot of fun!

I went to see Dres rings!

fx7zUXv.jpg

kzkvVvv.jpg

They are non collidable yet (read on the Discord that it will be added during EA) and they look a bit weird (with zero inclination and a perfectly circular orbit the particles still move really fast compared to my ship, while they shouldn't) but they exist and aren't just a flat texture!

Edited by Truebadour

I reached back into the dusty corners of my memory, circa 2017 or so, and remembered/relearned how to do a completely unassisted docking, in Munar orbit no less, to rescue two Kerbals I had left stranded in orbit in a dedicated lander. They needed a ride home so, necessity was the mother of reinvention, and I got it done. I've gotten so used to @NavyFish's amazing Docking Port Alignment Indicator mod in KSP1 that flying without it felt like I was blind. Before I remembered the old fashioned techniques of "pushing" and "pulling" the velocity vector symbols on the navball onto the target marker, things were a little dicey - at one point the two craft went flying past each other at about 20 m/s. Zoinks. Fortunately, the closest approach was still far enough to avoid a collision.

CVh6u5Afhi7dLT1N2Zr7JYmFfjO8ETGwo20ik2a1

Next stop, home!

Haven't played KSP for like 6 years but I'm back to my old habits. I made a custom launch escape system and wanted to test its efficiency. So I put a command seat on it and attached as many SRB's to the back as I could and tore through the atmosphere since we have a brief window to get away with this without them catching fire.

It worked luckily as poor jeb was pretty close to achieving an escape velocity in atmos strapped to the front of that thing.

Edited by Kerbonautical

21 hours ago, whatsEJstandfor said:

Seriously, I feel like I'm the only one who still pronounces it "Mün". I always forget it's no longer spelled that way canonically anymore. It's like that spelling was suddenly abandoned at some point and everyone just started pronouncing it boringly :/

There's dozens of üs!

Edited by Yakuzi

29 minutes ago, Yakuzi said:

There's dozens of üs!

Whoa whoa whoa... so it's officially "Mun" now and not "Meueun"?  Has it been changed from "Mün" to "the Mun" as well (heard that in a few dev vids).

It feels like my world is collapsing a bit here...

Continued my development of kerballed flight today with the construction of a light aircraft for the purpose of visual observation of the surrounding area.

Spoiler

20230225211101_2.jpg

Also launched the agency's first orbital satellite - a light, but fairly uncontrollable craft - today. Will continue developing vehicles to go further and faster than ever.

Spoiler

20230225212905_1.jpg20230225213645_2.jpg

Wanted to mess with some of the lower stage XL parts and get a big rocket into orbit just for fun.
Conveniently had way too much fuel and thrust, so I decided to keep going and turn it into an impromptu Minmus mission!

4TRgAN0.png

3 hours ago, Yakuzi said:

There's dozens of üs!

2 hours ago, Chilkoot said:

Whoa whoa whoa... so it's officially "Mun" now and not "Meueun"?  Has it been changed from "Mün" to "the Mun" as well (heard that in a few dev vids).

It feels like my world is collapsing a bit here...

ZpHQaEqEPcuGqUM-800x450-noPad.jpg?153034

It will always be Mün. anyone who says it is Mun is lying to you

Edited by Lach_01298