Bugs you have found

mcwaffles2003

Can't reproduce it, but I wanted to place an antenna in symmetry and my whole probe was...like engulfed (is that correct english) in a big purple cube. 

Also, I wanted to place something using the 'blue view' thing, and suddenly the whole VAB became transparent. 

Edited by modus

I prefer to use Q-E to yaw and A-D to roll, but when trying to set my own keybinds, the INPUT setting menu allow me only to change the "left yaw" to Q, but does not register E as the new, "right yaw" input (the game is stuck in the weird combo of Q-D as yaw controls).

Edited by Araym

Kerbal could not EVA from Grumble Seat due to obstacle - no obstacles present.

Dell Inspiron I5 7000 Gaming (late 2017): i7-700HQ 2.80 ghz/GTX 1050 ti 6mb

Rovemate+ Grumble Seat, 2xZ400, 1x PB-Nuk, 4x Rovemax M1

FPS are surprisingly good, better than I’d dared hope.  Am confident that this machine will be viable after optimization.  70+ in main menu, 13 in intro vid and KSC, 31 FPS in VAB and Map, 14-15 driving on runway, around KSC.   

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but the atmosphere feels very slippery I had an orbit with an AP or about 110km and a PE of 45ish and I completed nearly 2 orbits before the speed came down and my pod (Mk1 can, small fuel tank and engine) just ran into the ground at nearly 1000kph. 

I'm sure I remember a post about how to report bugs, but I can't find it now :( 

Anyway, I got into orbit of Mun, and I must have been on the edge of a boundry, because I kept getting messages about the camera flicking between different views -

Spoiler

2023-02-24-20-27-55-Window.png

it was like that for aaaaaaaaaaages.

17 minutes ago, zynar said:

Anyone having an issue with the craft being destroyed when undocking?

Yes. This is infuriating. After docking a craft, attempting to undock it results in an instant craft-destroyed message. Hilariously, the craft survives under a different name, but the docking ports are now disabled. 

If you're under time warp during undocking, the craft undocks successfully, however one or sometimes both of the new vessels get several hundred m/s thrust applied.

I rebuilt my craft from the ground up on a new save just to make sure it wasn't some weird feature of that particular craft file, issue persists.

I hope this issue gets fixed soon as it's severely game breaking; Without functioning docking ports I can't build stations, bases, or even any mission  architecture other than direct-ascent. So much for recreating apollo.

Other bugs I noticed: Recovered craft do not return their kerbals to the crew roster (RIP Jeb).
Despite not choosing the first flag, I somehow got stuck with the first flag?
One of my craft, after reverting to launch,  randomly lost all control authority on subequent launch attempts. I had to go back to the VAB, remove the main engine, replace it, and relaunch to restore it.
Switching craft out of physics range of kerbals on EVA results in... odd behavior. I had two kerbals on EVA and, after switching away and back, they both spawned inside each  other, on the ladder of the ship they had previously exited... which proceeded to flip off the ground and crash.

I think I'm done for now. The game is beautiful and, aside from the bugs it runs incredibly smoothly for me, but not being able to land on the mun without my craft yeeting themselves into interplanetary space every time I try to undock is a bit of a dealbreaker. I'll try again after the first patch  or two gets rolled out.

1 hour ago, zynar said:

Anyone having an issue with the craft being destroyed when undocking?

I get the error that my vessel is destroyed but then could find the vessel again in the tracking station. After selecting it the option to undock was removed. I think there is a glitch when undocking were the game cannot decide which craft to focus on then just focuses on neither and then gets confused and spits out a vessel destroyed error.

Not a bug but super annoying, unclicking on a planetary body after maneuvering the camera automatically pops up the set as target/focus option on the planet.  Would be very nice if it was disabled after moving the camera and pop up only when you specifically right click the planet.

1 hour ago, Wheehaw Kerman said:

Kerbal could not EVA from Grumble Seat due to obstacle - no obstacles present.

Dell Inspiron I5 7000 Gaming (late 2017): i7-700HQ 2.80 ghz/GTX 1050 ti 6mb

Rovemate+ Grumble Seat, 2xZ400, 1x PB-Nuk, 4x Rovemax M1

FPS are surprisingly good, better than I’d dared hope.  Am confident that this machine will be viable after optimization.  70+ in main menu, 13 in intro vid and KSC, 31 FPS in VAB and Map, 14-15 driving on runway, around KSC.   

I will be uploading a video of a playthrough I did today at some point (waiting on it to be uploaded to YouTube right now), and one thing I mentioned there is that it appears that anything on the capsule causes this obstacle error.  I had drogue chutes radially, and it seems like the capsules now have their exits off-center, which will cause all kinds of obstacle issues.  I guess putting stuf on the outside of the capsule is no longer available?

I've discovered that I couldn't reboard a vessel more than once?

I EVA'd, had a scoot around, reboarded. Then I took another Kerbal out on EVA, and when I went to get them back into the ship, it just wouldn't do it? I got to the door, the prompt came up onscreen (press B to baord), but no matter how many times I pressed B (or how hard :D ) they just wouldn't get into the ship.

I investigated further on the "ship gets destroyed when undock"-Problem. 

What helps is to time warp while undock. But the decoupled ship now gets a lot of drag like someone mantioned before.

1. Docked ships flying  to normal direction (so that ports direct not pro-/retrograde):

image.png

2. Image right after Undock while time warp 2x (as you see there is a huge gap right after):

image.png

3. final trajectory of my vessel after undock (leaving moon orbit):

image.png

I guess that the enormous amount of drag destroys the both vessels when undock?

But why is it not along the axis of the docking port but allways prograde the current orbit? 

Go and have some fun devs :-D

Jeu magnifique mais par contre 30 max en 4k, c'est un peu léger, beaucoup de bugs, barre espace qui repond plus pour les séquences, orbites qui devienne folle pendant les timelaps, séparations de modules qui ne fonctionnent pas toujours, et j'ai meme eu une duplication du landscape de kerbol a 90 degrés "vision suréaliste lol" à la "inception de nolan". C'est surement du a la version alpha! keep on the godd work guys. pas de remboursement pour moi, juste pour le soutien!  Pierrot

Translation added by moderator:
Magnificent game but on the other hand 30 max in 4k, it's a bit light, a lot of bugs, space bar that responds more for sequences, orbits that go crazy during timelapses, module separations that don't always work, and I I even had a duplication of the kerbol landscape at 90 degrees "surreal vision lol" at "nolan's inception". It's probably due to the alpha version! keep on the godd work guys. no refund for me, just for support! Pierrot

Note:  Please use English outside the International Section of the forums.
Forum Moderation Team

Edited by Starhawk
Translation by Google Translate added by moderator

•  part window not hiding when F2 is pressed in flight
  •  game not pausing when esc menu/settings is pressed
  • Val getting stuck (unresponsive) when studying grass around flag planted on kerbin.
  • No IVA (`c`) doesn't work in flight but can zoom in
  • radial drogue chutes float above the mk1 capsule in the editor
  • mk1 capsule landing IN kerbin - 1/3 of the way in - and poor Jeb thought he could get out and push ... (see vid)

I have the KSP.log

Edited by zer0Kerbal
update links and lasso the birds

1 hour ago, Matias2007 said:

Holding shift does not give more information in VAB on parts. Good job to all of you who worked so hard to make KSP 2 possible. Take as much time as you need with any updates, you've done some good work.

You don't need to hold shift, it is a toggle ;)