Where Do I Find...

Scarecrow71

Probably due to my lack of looking around, but where in the VAB do I find the dV in a given stage in a given situation?  For example, in KSP1, I can switch between various locations (Kerbin's surface, vaccuum, altitude, etc.) and see the dV readout for a given stage.  This helps me to plan appropriately and get the right dV for the trip I'm planning.  However, in KSP2, the Engineer's Report simply does not allow that to happen.  All it gives me is whether or not the TWR is high enough to launch.  And the dV readouts on the right only give total dV, and I have found no way to find out what they are in a given situation/location.

Is this a complete miss by the devs?  Or does EA not care about different environments and we simply build to the trip planner?

54 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

Probably due to my lack of looking around, but where in the VAB do I find the dV in a given stage in a given situation?  For example, in KSP1, I can switch between various locations (Kerbin's surface, vaccuum, altitude, etc.) and see the dV readout for a given stage.  This helps me to plan appropriately and get the right dV for the trip I'm planning.  However, in KSP2, the Engineer's Report simply does not allow that to happen.  All it gives me is whether or not the TWR is high enough to launch.  And the dV readouts on the right only give total dV, and I have found no way to find out what they are in a given situation/location.

Is this a complete miss by the devs?  Or does EA not care about different environments and we simply build to the trip planner?

Wondering this as well...

1 hour ago, Scarecrow71 said:

You can show dV per stage by pressing the button left of the "Launch" button.

However, you cannot configure the TWR display at this point in time. This is a negative point I have raised with the developers during my time with the preview build over the past few days.

8 minutes ago, ShadowZone said:

You can show dV per stage by pressing the button left of the "Launch" button.

However, you cannot configure the TWR display at this point in time. This is a negative point I have raised with the developers during my time with the preview build over the past few days.

I get that I can see overall dV for a craft as it sits in the VAB, and I know I can click the button to the left of Launch to see dV for each individual stage. My issue is that I can't see the dV in a given stage in a given location.  In KSP1, I can click to show what dV a stage has in vacuum, or on the Mun.  I can't do that in KSP2.  This is highly detrimental to building craft.

I'll second this. I know KSP1 didn't have this feature for a long time. A mod like KER was basically essential until they added it. But being able to see how different stages will perform in their intended situations is definitely essential to planning complex missions with a reasonable chance of success. Maybe I just haven't figured out where to find that function yet, but it's pretty important, so if it hasn't been added yet, I hope it will be soon.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.