Cannot Load/Start Campaigns. Freeze at "Pumping Sim Once"

MerlinCH65

Get same problem: the game crashes on «Pumping Sim Once» loading stage. Logs saying:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Kerbal Space Program 2\Ksp2.log:

Spoiler

[LOG 02:39:54.366] [System] Pumping Sim Once completed in 0,0026s.
[WRN 02:39:54.383] [Debug] Unable to determine starting SOI. Falling back to Kerbin...

LocalLow\Intercept Games\KSP2\backtrace\bt-breadcrumbs-1:

Spoiler

"info", "[System] Pumping Sim Once completed in 0,0026s.",
"warning", "[Debug] Unable to determine starting SOI. Falling back to Kerbin...",
"info", "[Debug] Loading Scaled Space Kerbol...",
"info", "[Lighting] Adding FLIGHT lighting data: Kerbol",
"info", "[Debug] Kerbol - Scaled-Space Load Finished. 0,0833s",
"info", "[Debug] Loading Scaled Space Kerbin...",
"info", "[Debug] Loading Local Space Kerbin...",
"info", "[Lighting] Adding FLIGHT lighting data: Kerbin",
"warning", "[Debug] FindSimObjectByNameKey() called with null or empty name key!  Returning null!",
"info", "[Debug] Kerbin - Scaled-Space Load Finished. 0,5493s"

LocalLow\Intercept Games\KSP2\Player.log:

Spoiler

[Debug] Kerbin - Scaled-Space Load Finished. 0,5339s
Could not allocate memory: System out of memory!
Trying to allocate: 117440512B with 16 alignment. MemoryLabel: TempOverflow

But I have 16GB RAM! How cute. So… Looks like there is no playing KSP2 tonight. :mellow:

i had this same problem for like 5 hours getting stuck at same place. when it got stuck i alt tabbed out this last time and when i tabbed back in the movie was playing . i also deleted all of the temp files as well as intercept games folders.

Can start the game partially .. but crashes every time and Player.log has a problem creating objects in D3D (nice that I as a user can find out for myself)
If it hangs again, clear \LocalLow\Intercept Games\Kerbal Space Program 2 and start again, tab to desktop and open the Player.log, then back to the game
it's really perverted 

30 minutes ago, klyuxa said:

i had this same problem for like 5 hours getting stuck at same place. when it got stuck i alt tabbed out this last time and when i tabbed back in the movie was playing . i also deleted all of the temp files as well as intercept games folders.

Mine crashes to desktop between five-to-eight seconds after the Pumping Sim Once depending on what settings I choose. Tried Alt Tabbing out, but it still dies.

Could you please say which temp files? I've tried all that I know of so far.

3 hours ago, lestantgregor said:

Goodnight all !! For those who haven't fixed the sim pumping problem once, I have a solution for you to download the latest version of Microsoft Visual C++ for 2015-2022. this solved my problems. good evening to you all and very good games.

Success! Downloaded the latest Microsoft Visual C++ x64, install, reboot. Game works now.

1 hour ago, DaddyBear said:

Success! Downloaded the latest Microsoft Visual C++ x64, install, reboot. Game works now.

This only kind of works. It works with new campaign but in the game when you get to the load screen it has the same problem

I downloaded KSP2 Yesterday, I loaded into the main menu well but when I start a new campaign and when the game loads, it always gets stuck on the part when it says "Pumping Sim Once", I have tried many ways to fix this issue but has seemed not to work, is it a bug or is it just an issue on my PC? If it is an issue on my PC is there anyone that might be able to fix the issue?

12 hours ago, Lordiak said:

Can start the game partially .. but crashes every time and Player.log has a problem creating objects in D3D (nice that I as a user can find out for myself)
If it hangs again, clear \LocalLow\Intercept Games\Kerbal Space Program 2 and start again, tab to desktop and open the Player.log, then back to the game
it's really perverted 

It is really working like that sometimes. You need to alt+tab to player.log sit and watch for few seconds and maybe game will continue to loading. Althrough when you launched rocket and want to return to VAB it's just crashing on loading screen. I tried it on 2 different machines. My laptop with MX ( videocard ) and very low cpu, 12gb RAM and pc with a RX 470, i3 9100 8gbram. AND YES it is work's but it's unplayeble because of crashes when you trying to leave your current flight. On my pc while on planet i have 20-30 fps, but as soon as you lower camera over ground textures it becomes much better xD. All crashes in log look like : D3D11 UNABLE TO LOAD SOME OBJECT/TEXTURE or it just ends on pumping sim or loading kerbin

Edited by kulzz