Cannot Load/Start Campaigns. Freeze at "Pumping Sim Once"

MerlinCH65

On 2/24/2023 at 3:56 PM, Twidget_Gray said:

Deleting the launcher folder from appdata, and the PD Launcher from the game's folder, then running KSP2_x64.exe  got the ksp2 to run.

This pd launcher middle where is the problem.

Workaround not working for me. Still stuck at "Forgetting Parachutes... / Pumping Sim Once".

(Running on Windows 10, good disk configuration but no top-end graphic card. Could not run the game yet :-(   )

On 3/3/2023 at 2:40 PM, Nate Simpson said:

What a week!

First off, a huge thank you to all of the people who have decided to join us here at the beginning of Early Access. It’s been so exciting to see what you’ve done with KSP2’s new parts, and even though there have been some bumps in the road, it’s been so fun to explore the new Kerbolar System through your eyes. At the end of each day, our team has enjoyed camping out in the official Intercept Games Discord’s KSP2 screenshots channel and basking in the endless waves of creativity, innovation, and pure insanity. This community does not disappoint!

Early Access has also yielded its first crop of bugs for us to fix, and we’re already making good headway. Our first Early Access update, which is planned to take place in the next couple of weeks, will contain the following fixes (as well as many other improvements that we’ll break down in more detail in our patch notes when the update goes out):

Performance/Optimization

• :1437623226_rocket_1f680(3):Optimization: Main menu loading time reduced for min spec machines
  • Optimization: runway light geometry simplified
  • Optimization: engine exhaust CPU usage reduced
  • Optimization: 50% reduction in main thread time spent on UI

Flight/Physics

• :1437623226_rocket_1f680(3):Fixed: KSC and other objects follow vehicle to orbit
  • :1437623226_rocket_1f680(3):Fixed: Engine plate floating node joints less rigid than other stack node joints (were not receiving multijoint reinforcement)
  • :1437623226_rocket_1f680(3):Fixed: Planned trajectory enters runaway state when switching between flight view and map while engine is burning
  • :1437623226_rocket_1f680(3):Fixed: Kerbals fall through ground when traversing ground near launchpad
  • :1437623226_rocket_1f680(3):Fixed: Spotlight/headlight parts have dim bulbs and low effective range
  • Fixed: Low-mass parts never stop moving on low gravity celestial bodies
  • Fixed: RoveMax TR4 wheels sink into ground and spring craft upward when returned to focus
  • Fixed: Loss of vehicle control when reverting to launch on runway
  • Fixed: Physics impulse occurs when engine runs out of one fuel type, causing loss of vehicle
  • Fixed: Game breaking when loading to VAB or loading a saved game with a vessel in flight
  • Fixed: Animation stutters when EVA Kerbal is running
  • Fixed: Large ladder disappears when base of ladder outside of camera view

Environments

• :1437623226_rocket_1f680(3):Fixed: Ground decal applies to vehicles traversing margin of KSC grounds (removes Predator camo effect applied to rovers at edges of KSC)
  • :1437623226_rocket_1f680(3):Fixed: Kerbin atmosphere and ocean vanish after returning to KSC from non-atmospheric celestial body
  • Improved: Floating rocks/mesh scatter (floating reduced)
  • Fixed: Kerbol lens flare still visible when observer is close to star
  • Fixed: Improved collision for structures around KSC, including parking garage and fuel facilities
  • Fixed: Clouds missing from celestial bodies when viewed from long distance
  • Fixed: Atmosphere missing from Kerbin when viewed from the Mun’s SOI
  • Fixed: Laythe atmosphere appears broken in map view

User Interface

• :1437623226_rocket_1f680(3):Fixed: Camera middle-mouse movement axis does not switch to horizontal when in horizontal build mode
  • Fixed: Launch Assembly tool breaks after repeated use in VAB
  • Fixed: Debris not targetable
  • Fixed: Time warp controls not accessible on KSC landing screen
  • Fixed: Debris trajectory lines only appear after switching to flight and back to map
  • Fixed: Some graphics settings adjust to “medium” after setting quality preset to “high”
  • Fixed: Game crashes when returning to the main menu from VAB
  • Fixed: Broken/empty Kerbal portraits in flight view
  • Fixed: No orbit line after loading a saved game
  • Fixed: Some difficulty settings don’t persist after ESC menu closure
  • Fixed: No portrait representation in flight for probe cores

We appreciate your patience as we continue to bring improvements to the game, and we thank you for your help in continuing to identify bugs and report them to us via our Customer Support page.

In addition to the above bug fixes, you’ll notice a number of refinements, including increased vehicle part polish and an updated map interface. Ongoing performance improvements will also surface in this and future updates. We will provide a more detailed blog post soon to give you a better view into the ways that we’re assessing performance data, as well as what steps we’re taking to improve framerates on all platforms. Hang in there, we’re working very hard on this right now!

Finally, if you have any questions about the game, please check out the FAQ, which our community team has been diligently updating to address today’s most frequently-encountered questions.

*:1437623226_rocket_1f680(3):- Highly requested by the community

This just came out, I think the new patch will fix our problem as it says "improved loading time for min spec machines".

Well, gentlemen, I have solved my issue with the game not starting.
It was my fault actually. I have checked the minimal system requirements before buying the game.
I thought my video card would cut it. But... well... the amount of _dedicated_ video memory seems to be essential.
I had to upgrade my video card, then the game started.
So if you have a "pumping sim once" issue, it might be just failure to load all the textures due to shortage of video RAM. Go 6Gig or higher.

i tried many solution  all failed ( disable the PD launcher, start the exe , reduce and maximize graphical setting verify files, reinstall and …..etc.   ).

i stucked on loading screen ( Pumping Sim Once ) after waiting for around 15 Min i got green screen has no meaning and cant do any thing with it or interact .

any one solve it ?

please help or advice .

I'm playing on steam platform, win 10, i, 12 GB Ram, AMD Radeon RX 6800 and 1TB ssd.

Hello, I have this problem too.  The game loads up fine, to both menu and campaign, but in the latter case it just freezes on  "Pumping Sim Once" and nothing happens from there. I suspect this may be due to some kind of feedback loop, but it may also be due to the fact my graphics card isn't anything fancy (or anything made by NVINDA for that matter). I bought the game from Direct Download and everything seems okay, except that it won't load.

Has anyone found a fix for Direct Download? If so, please tell me. The loading screen is pretty and all, but it gets old real fast when you're waiting for the five-year-awaited sequel to my favorite game ever.

First post! Yay.

On 2/24/2023 at 5:28 PM, SoulCandy said:

While attempting to land on the Mun, I experienced a game-breaking bug that caused my throttle to permanently lock. 

1) Burn retrograde to decent down to surface
2) Speed up timewarp to x2 speed
3) See "throttle locked while above 1x speed" notification that won't go away, even if I slow down timewarp back to 1x speed
4) Deactivate engine (causes this issue to go away, but...)
5) SAS goes awry, and my craft spins faster-and-faster-and-faster even though SAS is on and my NavBall is locked on retrograde. 

For the record - I submitted this bug on the feedback form + screenshot. I've had a great experience so far w/ minimal bugs other than some graphical oddities, but this is the 1st one I've come across that has completely ruined a flight. 

I found a workaround for losing control ,bring an antenna that's deployable,if you lose control of the craft change the state of the antenna and you will get control back ,hope it helps

On 3/9/2023 at 6:12 PM, NerdoKerb said:

Hello, I have this problem too.  The game loads up fine, to both menu and campaign, but in the latter case it just freezes on  "Pumping Sim Once" and nothing happens from there. I suspect this may be due to some kind of feedback loop, but it may also be due to the fact my graphics card isn't anything fancy (or anything made by NVINDA for that matter). I bought the game from Direct Download and everything seems okay, except that it won't load.

Has anyone found a fix for Direct Download? If so, please tell me. The loading screen is pretty and all, but it gets old real fast when you're waiting for the five-year-awaited sequel to my favorite game ever.

First post! Yay.

i dont think its because of your graphics card isn't anything fancy , i thought that at the beginning i tried the game using AMD 8600 GPU and it give me the same result also i tried it using the recommended GPU AMD 6800.

and still not working ( hanging on loading screen after creating new camping or save at pumping sim once ) .

i hope this issue to be considered by the developers and get feed back regarding this from them ASAP .

happy to finally watch the seconded KSP , disappointment that i couldn't play it and be part of it since the day that i bought it ( since day 1 ) .

guys if any one fix this please share the solution with us .

thank you all.

I can get past the "pumping sim" now, but it crashes shortly after at the "loading ksp2 missions" point.

A different error is good news! Well, more or less, hahaha :joy: sigh

Try again people, my mileage is not yours to take, I'm guessing that to some of you this patch will make you happier!

---

This time the issue seems to be related to a function in a non-addressable portion of the memory. I'm guessing that this time it might be more related to hardware, but I'm far from an expert in directx...

Spoiler

========== OUTPUTTING STACK TRACE ==================

0x00007FFC9623C6E0 (d3d11) CreateDirect3D11SurfaceFromDXGISurface
  ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Se ha intentado tener acceso a una dirección no válida.' (Address: 00007FFC2CE545FC)
0x00007FFC2CE545FC (UnityPlayer) (function-name not available)
0x00007FFC2D8BD9B8 (UnityPlayer) UnityMain
0x00007FFC2D8C2BEB (UnityPlayer) UnityMain
0x00007FFC2D8C2CB9 (UnityPlayer) UnityMain
0x00007FFC2D24DCA8 (UnityPlayer) UnityMain
0x00007FFC9C6B7614 (KERNEL32) BaseThreadInitThunk
0x00007FFC9C8226A1 (ntdll) RtlUserThreadStart

@Nate Simpson or any other team member, can we do something to help you in some way to find and crack these kind of issues? I've noticed that there is a dump now, should we upload it?

---

Edit: Ok I've checked and the dump is very small, even more so in zip, so I've uploaded right away: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Au5pzAN4BXqpls1hX53N-zplX2dzQQ?e=mNv5Eu

Edited by Haustvindr

2 hours ago, Haustvindr said:

I can get past the "pumping sim" now, but it crashes shortly after at the "loading ksp2 missions" point.

A different error is good news! Well, more or less, hahaha :joy: sigh

Try again people, my mileage is not yours to take, I'm guessing that to some of you this patch will make you happier!

---

This time the issue seems to be related to a function in a non-addressable portion of the memory. I'm guessing that this time it might be more related to hardware, but I'm far from an expert in directx...

Reveal hidden contents

========== OUTPUTTING STACK TRACE ==================

0x00007FFC9623C6E0 (d3d11) CreateDirect3D11SurfaceFromDXGISurface
  ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Se ha intentado tener acceso a una dirección no válida.' (Address: 00007FFC2CE545FC)
0x00007FFC2CE545FC (UnityPlayer) (function-name not available)
0x00007FFC2D8BD9B8 (UnityPlayer) UnityMain
0x00007FFC2D8C2BEB (UnityPlayer) UnityMain
0x00007FFC2D8C2CB9 (UnityPlayer) UnityMain
0x00007FFC2D24DCA8 (UnityPlayer) UnityMain
0x00007FFC9C6B7614 (KERNEL32) BaseThreadInitThunk
0x00007FFC9C8226A1 (ntdll) RtlUserThreadStart

@Nate Simpson or any other team member, can we do something to help you in some way to find and crack these kind of issues? I've noticed that there is a dump now, should we upload it?

---

Edit: Ok I've checked and the dump is very small, even more so in zip, so I've uploaded right away: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Au5pzAN4BXqpls1hX53N-zplX2dzQQ?e=mNv5Eu

I downloaded the update and confirmed the same for me. it eventually moves past "pumping sim once" but crashes at "loading ksp2 missions". :cry:

I changed graphics setting to lowest and lowered resolution to 1280x720 and I get to "Setting Universe State" and it crashes.

Despite the new patch I still get stuck on "Pumping Sim Once".

Edit: I now realise it did not get stuck, it opened unity and then closed. It might also have been after "Pumping Sim Once".

Edited by ferry2611
Added information

Same here. I've been playing since day one, went to the launch pad and reverted to VAB and now it won't load. Restarted the game it it won't load past "Never leaving Eve..."

Edited by khaos4206
Added information

• 3 weeks later...

I think I'm leaving the pumping room! I can now create a campaign and build something. I don't have much time these days due to IRL work so I didn't test to fly, save/load... but it looks good so far!

Keep your hopes up! It's obvious that they are indeed making changes under the hood and bit by bit they are expelling us from this little corner. I'm sure your turn will eventually come!

Hey there !

Had the same issue, RX 7900 XTX with 5600X and 32 GB of RAM.

I tried everything except updating the BIOS. I did it and then it finally worked, no more crashes. You probably should try this, maybe it'll work for you too :)

Don't forget to enable secure boot and TPM 2.0 too 

I have this problem too. I was expecting to be fixed in the last april update but it didnt. Screen freezes at "Setting Universe State". 

My PC 

AMD Ryzen 7 5700U with Radeon Graphics  1.80 GHz

RAM 16

I can play other games with higher requirements so I thing that my PC shouldnt be the problem

I'm having a similar problem with loading a newly created campaign in Patch 0.1.2, direct download/not Steam. 

KSP Version: 0.1.2.0

Operating System and version: Windows 10 22H2

CPU and GPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti

Expected Behavior: The game to load.

Observed Behavior: Created a new campaign, after 1 rocket launch and save of the game, the campaign will no longer load. Trying to load older autosaves yields the same result. Restarting the game & computer, the same result.

Fixes / Workarounds: idk.

A list of ALL mods: none.

Frustration level of this long-time KSP player: a lot.