The cool screenshots thread

Minmus Taster

1 hour ago, Radioactiveness said:

I couldn't resist sharing another (apologies for the double post) that shows the engine heating in the clouds above the KSC

HpDGzv8aCQtDsBvb7U_kQGUyxAXjRG5ZG0WP1Er4

Gorgeous plane!

Would you mind posting a tutorial on how you got the wings like that and how you set up your plane?  Like in an original thread?  Lots of questions!

...and please ping me when you post!

Edited by JoeSchmuckatelli

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Socraticat said:

Someone told me this belonged here. This is post-detachment just before entry into Duna's Atmosphere. 

Oscar2-Duna6.png

This reminds me of an WW 2 German project putting an fighter on top of an bomber filled with explosives. Fighter would fly the bomber to  outside enemy air patrol and then remote control it in.
mistel-bomber.jpg
US tried something similar but with control in one heavy bomber and the payload crew in another bomber would bail out once stable and master had control. 
And yes making the warhead more normal looking would make lots of sense, rather than this looks dangerous. 
The US idea had an fatal flaw in the arming process who killed the oldest brother in the Kennedy family and likely changed history significant. 

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=LettAlso if you ever feel pain, just note that this craft has over 600 parts, runs at less than 10 fps, and has over 120 struts.

Zoomed in shot of a tall rocket, with the Mun in the background, launching from kerbin

Also heres a shot of a probe descending into jool from a bit ago

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Edited by Little 908

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.