A question to devs about regional pricing

consiefe

I only have one question, that's why I signed up here. Will you fix the regional pricing for Turkey?

My son and I are waiting to hear about this, because this will determine weather we buy this game or not. Thank you.

Edited by consiefe

I am having the same issue as someone from Turkey.

Here is a quote from steam comments:

It's not even just Turkey,

South Africa, Taiwan, South Asia -Usd (Pakistan), and CIS countries (ex-Soviet states), are all left with over +%100 increase from Valve's suggested regional pricing.

While Argentine, Colombia, China, Peru, Brazil and Chile all get Valve-suggested regional prices.

This is outright discrimination.
Either make the price 50 US dollars for the entire planet or make the regional pricing available for everyone.

[Snip]

Edited by James Kerman
Redacted by a moderator

11 minutes ago, consiefe said:

What is worse than not having the same regional pricing policy like rest of countries is lack of response in this matter. Please clarify if that's a mistake or deliberatly done. Your player base here is waiting.

This is a Take 2 issue,  the development studio has little to no say on it.   Some publishers have different views on  different markets. In the case of south america there is a Subsidiary in south america so they probably have a more realistic  clue about the regional economy.

1 minute ago, tstein said:

This is a Take 2 issue,  the development studio has little to no say on it.   Some publishers have different views on  different markets. In the case of south america there is a Subsidiary in south america so they probably have a more realistic  clue about the regional economy.

Ok, I know this about the publisher. But I can't reach them, at least I expect someone who has information to reply me. I tried Steam forums, now trying here. Because my and many others purchasing decisions will get effected from this.  

I put this game on my wish list months ago and I've been looking forward to this game coming out until last day. Directly fifty bucks is just outrageous for us, we don't earn 1500 american dollar. Otherside when i check price the list, you are selling in Argentina for 3200 peso. This is unfair. I condemn you for your discriminatory attitude.

2 minutes ago, Weirdusarname said:

I put this game on my wish list months ago and I've been looking forward to this game coming out until last day. Directly fifty bucks is just outrageous for us, we don't earn 1500 american dollar. Otherside when i check price the list, you are selling in Argentina for 3200 peso. This is unfair. I condemn you for your discriminatory attitude.

Werll if you  knew the state or Argentine's economy you would not think it so unfair :P But this is probably related because the publisher has coninent wide prices. 1 price for europe 1 north america one asia, 1 south america. Since south america and africa are the only continents without a rich country... they get the price cut.

2 minutes ago, tstein said:

Werll if you  knew the state or Argentine's economy you would not think it so unfair :P But this is probably related because the publisher has coninent wide prices. 1 price for europe 1 north america one asia, 1 south america. Since south america and africa are the only continents without a rich country... they get the price cut.

I understand your reasoning, but for the company it is just a sloppy practice, doesn't make sense and not just.  Valve suggested prices are there. If they employ them for some countries and not for the others, that's unfair. We expect a statement please. 

1 minute ago, consiefe said:

I understand your reasoning, but for the company it is just a sloppy practice, doesn't make sense and not just.  Valve suggested prices are there. If they employ them for some countries and not for the others, that's unfair. We expect a statement please. 

Yes but you will get better response sending an Email to take 2. It used to be Take-Two Interactive Software. Investor Relations/Corporate Communications Phone: 646-536-2842. E-mail: [email protected]

The  developers will not openly comment on a decision that the publisher is enforcing, it probably is against their contract, so no reason to pressure them.

1 minute ago, consiefe said:

At the end of the day it's up to the publisher and if they decide it would be more profitable to apply the recommended prices in certain countries, which I think would be certainly the case in Turkey. I reckon a reaally limited number of people will actually buy the game with this price.

2 minutes ago, tstein said:

Yes but you will get better response sending an Email to take 2. It used to be Take-Two Interactive Software. Investor Relations/Corporate Communications Phone: 646-536-2842. E-mail: [email protected]

The  developers will not openly comment on a decision that the publisher is enforcing, it probably is against their contract, so no reason to pressure them.

I'll try that too, even if I don't think that I'm gonna get any response. Thank you.  I'm openly asking a question, which is not insulting and I hope with a permission or responsibility, someone can shed light on the matter. We are potential customers and they pr managers, so why not? 

3 minutes ago, consiefe said:

I'll try that too, even if I don't think that I'm gonna get any response. Thank you.  I'm openly asking a question, which is not insulting and I hope with a permission or responsibility, someone can shed light on the matter. We are potential customers and they pr managers, so why not? 

When I had problems with take 2 in the past I sent them an email and they did respond after a few days.  So I think you  can very well get a response, at least with the official explanation of their local pricing policies.

I sent the following mail and pasting it here for information. 

About Your Regional Pricing Policy on KSP2
Hello, 

I was wondering if you made a mistake or forgot to change the regional pricing of KSP2 for Turkey? 

Lots of players here, including me and my six year old son were looking forwards the sequel of our beloved game. But while you were employing regional prices for some of the countries, you didn't do it for  the others including Turkey. This practice blocks us from getting the game as this price tag is way too much for us in our country. I also want to stream this game on my Youtube channel, but I can not buy the game with the current price.

I request action on your behalf and hope that you adjust the price of the game for us. Please inform me about this matter.

Respectfully

Me and many many other Turkish KSP fans sent e-mails to taketwo. It's been over a week now. As I suspected no one got any response. We are existing guys and we want to play your game as well. As of late I heard that you adjusted Mexico prices to a reasonable degree from what I read on Steam forums.  That means there are even less countries in which you are holding off applying the regional prices. Please hear us, we are veteren KSP players and we want to experience this sequel too. 

Edited by consiefe

On 2/25/2023 at 9:12 AM, sertunsuz said:

Everybody is talking about how bad the launch was and I'm not even able to try it out due to unreasonable pricing :D

950 TL is 1/8 of the minimum wage lol. They even added 6 TL on top of the USD conversion rate which is 944 TL.

well you even have a reasonable minimum wage Brazil price is 50% and it still is 10% of minimum wage.

When you look at that solely on proportional value, we are still at loss. :) It's really not justifiable right now, especially in this early stage of the game.

For comparison some of the most expensive fully featured AAA titles for us;

Uncharted 499TL

Elden Ring 599TL

Hogwarts Legacy 699TL

yet KSP 2 EA is 950TL

Edited by consiefe

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.