Praise and things we like

Vl3d

I've been watching people play KSP 2 in between meetings and writing tech demos. From what I've seen, KSP 2 has great promise. I love hearing the kerbals talk when you do things like stage the rocket, and love hearing the tires squeal. And Things Can Only Get Better by Howard Jones is the PERFECT song for the EA video.

1.  Saving my rocket in the VAB also saves my selected kerbals

2. All the Kerbals have their own accurate head in the selection menu (UNLIKE KSP1!)

3. Snap-placing struts in the VAB actually snaps on the second part now. Really struts are just way less glitchy

4. Windows!

5. When I ram my kerbal into the rocket it makes a loud thunk sound

Really there's a bunch of dope excrements that shows they put a lot of care into it. All of the small-scale stuff seems more in-depth. I also have a list of complaints lol

Flying over Kerbin is literally miles better than the last game. It's amazing. For once I don't feel the need to build a rocket and go somewhere else, just bigger planes with more fuel to see more sights.

E: And the procedural wings! Such a welcome part!

Edited by regex

I like orthogonal views in the VAB.

I like the way the sun glints off the ships.

I like the rocket plume expansion as the air gets thinner.

I like the stone Mun arch and the shadows that it casts.

I like being able to select from the variety of launch sites.

I like how beautiful the world is.

Edited by cubinator

I want to kiss the sound designer. It’s just beautiful and brings the game alive in a whole new way.

Flying planes is SO MUCH BETTER than KSP1 I can hardly believe it! (Controller support when?)

I love how the parts cohere into craft. They don’t look cobbled together anymore and I can make some really pretty things. Works seamlessly with the color scheme.

Transparent windows! Parts in general — especially the subtle textures like rivets on the wings.

Procedural wings. They’re amazing. They look great, they work great, they’re easy to make.

I love how the terrain looks from orbit. It’s an actual planet now! Not a painted ball!

I like the flight UI especially the navball cluster.

Multiple subassemblies. SO liberating and so much less fussy! 

I love the parts selector. I can actually find things now!

Most importantly I love that you (Intercept) are doing this and are taking us along for the ride. KSP2 is awesome. You’re awesome. And I can’t wait for the teething problems to be worked out and all the great stuff on the roadmap!

Really like the load times! VAB seems much improved but not a fan of the clicked mouse wheel to go up and down(not a huge fan of the shift to go up and down but I guess I'm just used to that)  I really like the overall appearance of everything except the text in the VAB and on the UI

@RedderThanMisty FYI I manually quoted you here!

Spoiler

RedderThanMisty:

"Some positive notes:

* Freaking awesome details with the terrain & geology, there's no chance in hell of getting that in ksp 1 with mods.
* Scatters are well executed in my opinion, While Parallax 2.0 does get very creative with their implementation, these definitely feel more grounded in reality, while providing better amounts of detail with a good variety in scattering densities.
* Loving the responsive physics that kerbals experience inside cockpits. If I land a bit too hard on the runway, I can actually see them being properly shaken around through the glass, it's amazingly fun to watch.(Sorry Tim)
* Overall attention to detail has been spectacular in many places
* Flying by a few mountains at near-sunset and watching clouds cast realistic shadows across the ocean is a beautiful sight to see.
* I could listen to this soundtrack all week and not get bored

Overall, I am absolutely blown away by this game and its potential, and after some further exploring, I can almost definitely see why the game has taken so long to develop. This is some groundbreaking stuff you have going on, it's just very unfortunate that most people will overlook all of this due to the state of the launch, though I hope that will subside once things are ironed out."

Edited by Vl3d

Oh the list is long...

• Tutorials
  • New KSC Is YUGE and amazing
  • SO MANY PARTS
  • Sound Design is "Chefs Kiss Meme"
  • The planets are vury purdy, I just can't wait to see Dres's ring... 
  • PROC WINGS ZOMG YAY
  • Love the UI personally.
  • Music is lit
  • Boat dock? Please to be giving boat parts kaithxbai

I love that the KSC screen actually shows the crafts that are there. Did you know that if you launch a rocket then go to the KSC screen it's there!  If a rocket is about to explode on the launch pad go to the KSC and see it explode!

Another thing that is amazing is the transition to another craft that is in space is nearly instant even if your current vessel is orbiting another planet.

The sound is fantastic. I know it's been said before, but still. It deserves to be said over and over imo. It's excellent.

Other things I like -

• the countdown for manovoures. Makes it a bit easier to get the timing right.
  • the speed of the scene changes. this has improved massively compared to KSP1.
  • the in flight UI layout. I like how everything is positioned. it just seems to make more sense.
  • the launch sequence is nice.
  • the video intro when you start the game the first time is brilliant.

• The music is mindblowingly good. Sound effects and all the little sound design details as well.
  • Ion engines are very good now thanks to thrusting under non-physical timewarp. I'll need to build a NEP crewed mission with them one day.
  • The skybox is pretty
  • All the parts looks great and the painter makes this even better
  • The planets are pretty
  • all the little references like the space oddysey kerbal loading screen, the broomhandle loading screen, the kerbal spoof of Carl Sagan's Cosmos in the intro movie

Besides many other things already said here, and a few I was expecting (having seen the previews/day-1 streams). Even on my 7 year old PC I managed to play a little (i5 6600, GTX 970, 16 GB RAM, SSD), and even though I was at low settings the exhaust of a jet engine is visible and distorted the light around it!. It was a very welcome surprise.

16 hours ago, Dinkledash said:

I like the way entry/exit of SOI is presented as a 3D ripple though I think it could be a smaller indicator. 

This (although it also needs to show the patched conics from entry to exit) for sure is an excellent addition.

Also I like how the path your vehicle will take is shown as 1 solid line so you can see exactly how the gravity of another body is impacting your orbit, speed, etc. This is something that was not really possible to visualize in KSP1.

30 minutes ago, Director_Valle said:

Besides many other things already said here, and a few I was expecting (having seen the previews/day-1 streams). Even on my 7 year old PC I managed to play a little (i5 6600, GTX 970, 16 GB RAM, SSD), and even though I was at low settings the exhaust of a jet engine is visible and distorted the light around it!. It was a very welcome surprise.

I have to agree, performance is not so bad with small number of parts.

I run a 3060 laptop with full TDP and with everything set to high on 1440p i got a minimum of 8 fps when looking down at the KSC with a lot of clouds. If I set it to medium I go up to ~15 in the same scene. 15 fps as worst performance is decent for unoptimized early access. I'm sure that it will go lower with a higher number of parts. Will have to explore other planets too, but at least I can relax and not have to upgrade my PC.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.