Don't try to use the letter "M" in a ship name.

rayceeya

8 minutes ago, rayceeya said:

So i expected things to be janky but i can't even use the letter "M" when naming a ship without going to the tracking center.  

I don't doubt your experience, but let it be known that I personally named my first ship "# Test Mule x001" and nothing weird is happening, except it's crashing because I designed it wrong. Fly safe.

Putting this next to other reports of the space center following ships in space, it sounds like the game can get confused about which scene it's rendering. If you're in the VAB but some part of the game still thinks you're in flight, that might explain why 'm' would take you to a map view (which the tracking center essentially is without an active craft). Similarly if you're in high orbit but some part of the game thinks you're at the space center.

Hi! I've encountered this bug a few times now and it is pretty bad. Whenever I try to name vehicles anything which includes a capital "M", the game opens the map screen even though I am in the VAB. So lets say I wanted to name a vehicle "Mun Explorer". The second I press shift + m the game freezes for a second and I find myself in the map screen without using a vehicle. If I didn't save my creation before naming it, this results in my vehicle not beeing saved. (I do love the VAB though)

The way the inputs always fire makes little sense to me. It'd be nice for you all to make your input system work like basically any modern UI framework does it and add a "handled" argument you can use to consume input so that it isn't fired on multiple events. For example pressing Delete in the VAB changes the docking mode thing (or sometimes the map is opened while typing 'M' into the name of something). This leads me to my next criticism... Why are inputs being processed for actions that can't be taken? If I'm not flying a craft why does that key even do anything? It'd be nice to see this stuff resolved soon as having to have input be set all over the keyboard to counter this just isn't an acceptable option in my opinion.

Using the text field in the VAB to search "mount" (as in engine mount) results in opening the map (due to pressing "m") and can only be fixed by "revert to vab" which reverts build to last save.

Likely a simple fix. I'm assuming whatever "if/else" statement is present for "if m is pressed" needs to be adjusted to something like "if m is pressed && player state is flight".

I guess the point I'm making is hopefully this one can make it into one of the early patches coming out.

Tried to insert Imgur URL using "Insert image from URL" but it wouldn't allow it soooo here you go.

https://imgur.com/gallery/R74fu9G

4 hours ago, Double Timan said:

Related issue, typing notes on flags often triggers the game to pause or other key commands.  These commands should be locked out in these scenarios.  

Yep, I already posted about the flag issues - possibly others have as well.

With flags, the Site Name is forced into title case and you can't have anything by upper or lower case letters - no numbers.

With both the Site Naem an Plaque Text, if you type "." you advance timewarp, and "," yo decrease timewarp.

Kerbals can only plant one flag per EVA. If you want another, use another Kerbal or have your Kerbal board the craft and then EVA again. This might be a design feature, but it might also be a bug. The text on flags is a bug. What's weird to me is that it's affecting different players very differently. My game will happily let me use "m" or "M" in ship names without throwing me into the map view. Why is this working OK for me and not for others?

My "letter issue" of the day was when Valentina was standing on top of the vehicle on Minmus, I went to save the game and named it "Landed on minmus", and as I was typing that Valentina jumped off the lander into the space above minmus as soon as I hit the spacebar.
You can see it in this video - timestamped.

Keybindings seem to bleed through sometimes, not always.. next I'll test if it happens when launching KSP via steam or just when launching from bypass shortcut

Yea, looks like if you launch via steam and the launcher, you place a command pod, select the name of the ship ( fly safe ) and press M to start typing Moonraker for example -> boom, you're in the tracking station

Note: this doesn't happen if you've launched KSP2 from the direct application shortcut many of us have on our desktops or start menus so I'm assuming this is an issue with user privilege inheritance and keybinds.

Same thing happens when trying to 'del' a part you have selected, you get told flight controls have been switched to and from docking controls ( del keybind while in flight )